It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fortune Telling Denied

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Just like religions fortune telling is a bunch of people making claims, suggestions, and prophecies based on their particular dogma.

The best guide we have is within us. Intuition

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: BlueMule

Simple question i have is what reasons do you think this would be the case?

You could always be your own fortune teller and find out.

www.ichingonline.net...
i ching says the king nears the temple and forgiveness on mankind will open the door. It's an interesting link you provided

Yes, it is interesting, but I wonder if all the answers are only positive?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Maybe they just can't read into you.

Charlatans are a dime a dozen but there are some true seers out there. Many many years ago, while being in Mexico, I visited a fortune teller. Did not believe in it one bit and after a girl friend of mine exited the fortune teller's tent, white as a sheet, she said "Marc...you've got to try this...". She told me that she saw her past and present as clear as day and told her of her future. I remember thinking to myself..."HA...she just got you to talk and talk and talk and then used your info to see your future..."

When I walked in the tent, there was just a table with a crystal ball in the center and I just mentally rolled my eyes, thinking "HA...you just try to let me talk lady...and see what happens when you meet silence..."

But the first thing she said was "Give me your ( ) hand..." I don't remember if it was the left or right. But then she said "I'll tell you a few things about your past and your present. If I get that right, I'll be able to see your future."

I just stood there and shut up. She started talking. And she was SPOT ON. After telling her yes, that she had been spot on, she smiled and asked me to sit. She then started talking about my future.

Everything she said has happened except for one thing but she said that this would happen in my old age and I'm slowly going there. She was a true seer.

I still do believe that 99% of them out there are charlatans. No links for that claim. Just my opinion.

S&F for an interesting topic.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The few times i have paid for a reading in my life i was denied. One time during boot camp at the end four of us went out and about thinking of tatoos and such. We all ended up at a fortune place and after a couple readings were done it was my turn and before i sat down she looked at me and said you know i can't do this and just smiled with her eyes bigger than ever. Anytime i get around someone that seems to have abilities they just smile and shy away. I have even sought out some around here that seem reluctant. Simple question i have is what reasons do you think this would be the case?

Doesn't really matter, honestly. See the thing about predicting someone's future, is not that it's impossible, because with enough information (as in, all the information in the universe and the location, speed, and direction of every particle in the universe, plus the exact laws of physics, not just the ones we think we know, and with a big enough hyper-computer) you could predict someone's future, in theory at least (I'm not one of those believers in free will btw), it's that as soon as you tell someone their future, even if it was exactly correct at the time, it now changes their future, and most likely no longer becomes true.

For example, if I were to tell you for a fact that you were going to eat a bacon egg and cheese sandwich tomorrow for breakfast, you would most likely say to yourself "I have free will. My future isn't predetermined. I'll have eggs and toast" out of pure spite. Or another example would be if I told you you were going to die in a car accident on the way home from work next Tuesday, you'd probably walk home, or take the bus or something.

See what I mean? You could probably not only predict the future with quite a surprising level of accuracy (considering you had all of what I stated above), you could even go in the opposite direction and show exactly what happened in the past by taking the data of the location of all the known particles in the universe, you could use a hyper-computer to extrapolate with a very high degree of accuracy, exactly what occurred in the past. So you could finally look back and see if there was a shooter on the grassy knoll etc etc.

In summary, my main point is you can't predict someone's future without altering it, therefore rendering your prediction inaccurate. One of many reasons so called "fortune tellers" are frauds.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Another option to consider.

Sometimes a psychic will not read for someone that they get an unstable vibe from.

I remember giving a reading once to a buddy of mine, but after his wife wanted one, and I just couldn't do it for her. Something was blocking me and it just seemed like trouble. Couldn't explain it at the time, but a few days later she told her husband that I had slept with her just to get him riled up, which explained why I couldn't do the reading before.
She had a bad/unstable vibe to her.

If there was some sort of underlying mental issue,
they shouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole.
Not saying that is the case,
just saying that a lot of people who seek out a psychic are a little off to begin with
and if that happens to be a mental illness that is throwing them off,
a psychic shouldn't touch them at all.

Also if you have extreme trauma in your past
they might not want to read you either.
Depending on what skills the psychic has,
trauma can hurt them as much as it did you,
so people should keep that in mind too if a psychic ever says no.

There are lots of reasons why someone could say no, can't do it.

s&f

edit on 18-5-2014 by Darkblade71 because: neatness

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
All great replies that makes one think. This happened about 20yrs ago. At the time i was really searching for the truth of weather or not people really had abilities. There were four of us and you really could not tell us apart if you tried because of the boot camp side of us. She had a table on the street and no contact was ever made by me. i was 3rd and the first two seemed satisified with answers. I did not ever sit and was about 4ft away from her when she looked at me for the first and her eyes got real wide and a sort of spark about her that was not shown before with a grin of sorts. As best i can remember she said something like you don't really want me to do this do you. As if i already knew the answers.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

www.ichingonline.net...
i ching says the king nears the temple and forgiveness on mankind will open the door. It's an interesting link you provided

Yes all positive with a view of dening the negative and relabeling it as dark. Even went so far as to say there is no opposite of positive only dark.

The other night after posting this i kept getting a flash of the face of a semi latin dark complected woman poping in my minds eye. not a face i have connected with before but pretty 40 or 50
edit on 18-5-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've said elsewhere ... I've been to three psychics.

One was VERY good. She nailed everything. I've been to her three times now.
One was OKAY. About 70% accurate. She got some wrong, but mostly did good.
One was cold reading. Totally not hitting with me.

I'm of the opinion that there are fakes and then there authentic ones. And even the authentic ones can't connect with all the people, but only with those on the same frequency. I'm thinking maybe the OP is on a different frequency than most people and that's why the psychics aren't able to do a reading. Just a guess of course ...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Last year i sought out a hypnotist to maybe check out my mind a bit and maybe get some positive renforcement. I had never been so i thought it would be a learning expeirence.I think my appointment was at 4 and when i showed up i started getting wierd vibes. I got a sense of death. Like someone was gonna try to do something when i was under. This was not so surprising to me sense i am very untrusting of others but the image i got was very vivid and extreme included the face of the hypnotist i was going to see but never met. When i arrived i told her i was backing out and paid for the time anyway. I left and decided to go to wingstop and when i entered the doors the first thing i saw was all the tv were on same channel with breaking news about the boston bombings. I put the times together and it just struck me because it seemed to coincide with me deciding not to be hypnotized. Yes i understand how our minds want to connect the dots but it was still a little much for me.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

www.ichingonline.net...

Yes all positive with a view of dening the negative and relabeling it as dark. Even went so far as to say there is no opposite of positive only dark.

The other night after posting this i kept getting a flash of the face of a semi latin dark complected woman poping in my minds eye. not a face i have connected with before but pretty 40 or 50

That sounds like a positive.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

WOW! That was an awesome reading! Thanks!

Wei Chi / The End In Sight

Fire ascends above the Water:
The Superior Person examines the nature of things and keeps each in its proper place.

Too anxious the young fox gets his tail wet, just as he completes his crossing.
To attain success, be like the man and not like the fox.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

Resist the rush to completion.
Anticipation of fulfillment may callous you before you have fully absorbed the lessons of the journey.
The endpoint of this Quest will only prove to be the threshold for another.
You are short steps from Mastery on this plane, yet you stride toward Ignorance of the challenges lying beyond.
Savor this accomplishment.
Fully Become.
Take full possession of your world before embarking to discover the next one.
That voyage begins soon enough, and you will reminisce about this one.
These are the Good Old Days.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Is that the standard reading today because I read the same one for myself earlier. Something's a foot!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join