It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fortune Telling Denied

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The few times i have paid for a reading in my life i was denied. One time during boot camp at the end four of us went out and about thinking of tatoos and such. We all ended up at a fortune place and after a couple readings were done it was my turn and before i sat down she looked at me and said you know i can't do this and just smiled with her eyes bigger than ever. Anytime i get around someone that seems to have abilities they just smile and shy away. I have even sought out some around here that seem reluctant. Simple question i have is what reasons do you think this would be the case?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Maybe the can't read it because you don't really exist, you are but a hologram projected by the people around you

Seriously same thing happened to me with a fortune teller, it was for the family and was pretty spot on with a few things that happened later for other family members (a few tragedies) but would not tell me mine.
edit on 4-5-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

They can read you like a book and they KNOW that you KNOW your own way and hence there is nothing to be said!

You don't want your fortune told .. you want to be lied to so you have somebody to blame when that doesn't occur!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Your going to become the Doctor's companion. Its hard to read the future of a time traveler...paradoxes and all sorts...like trying to read alphabet soup in a blender.

(there, I read your future...now fix the chameleon circuit while your on the tardis

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am very skeptical, to the point of being a scoffer, of fortune teller types. I did, however, have a friend who was accurately diagnosed as having cancer by a palm reader. It may have saved his life.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If you are white sheet of paper there is nothing to read - you are what you are and there is nothing more about it.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Simple question i have is what reasons do you think this would be the case?

You could always be your own fortune teller and find out.

www.ichingonline.net...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Great replies.
I do ponder how much credit the ones that can really do this give to the power of the spoken word. Perhaps they can sense in some cases that some have paths that should not be influenced. In other words they can sense the probilities of our choices and some peoples choices can have harmful repercussions either direction so it is just not worth the money.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There may be "real" seers out there, but I think it goes without saying that the world would be a very different place if there were real psychics right next door to every pawnshop in every bad neighborhood in America.

All you've got to do to make money at that is know how to read people and tell them a story they want to hear. You would of course develop a knack for telling who is going to be a problem and want to avoid them. For one psychic it might be unexpressive people who cause a problem, for others it might be people who seem sly and tricky, for others still it might be nervous types who are distrustful of strangers.

Think about your own mindset and demeanor at the time and ask yourself if you think that person would have made a financial transaction with you that did not involve mystical powers in that situation- there was probably something about it they just didn't like and you weren't the mark they wanted.

Or for that matter, it could have been a clever draw for more business. Suppose that you take that as a free warning that fate is pointing at you and word gets around among your friends in uniform that you can find out if there's an IED out there with your name on it without even having to pay- you just get a free smile for it and you know to party extra hard before you deploy. That could bring a whole stack of guys just wanting to hand over money and hear anythng at all as proof that they will be ok.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The few times i have paid for a reading in my life i was denied. One time during boot camp at the end four of us went out and about thinking of tatoos and such. We all ended up at a fortune place and after a couple readings were done it was my turn and before i sat down she looked at me and said you know i can't do this and just smiled with her eyes bigger than ever. Anytime i get around someone that seems to have abilities they just smile and shy away. I have even sought out some around here that seem reluctant. Simple question i have is what reasons do you think this would be the case?

Why didn't you ask her what she meant by that?

In my experience, either she saw something disturbing and didn't want to tell you, or your psychic abilities were overpowering hers and she could not read you. This happened to me once, my husband sat down with a psychic for a reading and I was standing inbetween them off to the side a little, when she turned to me and asked me to leave the room because I was interfering with her ability to read.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I did ask her why and she mentioned bright light but cut me off short. You could see her eye reaction to looking at me.

I do not want a reading but if any have real abilities i ask you to look into me and see if there is anything to what i am saying. I even sought out one here on ats that has great record but was shut down even after a donation.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I did ask her why and she mentioned bright light but cut me off short. You could see her eye reaction to looking at me.

I do not want a reading but if any have real abilities i ask you to look into me and see if there is anything to what i am saying. I even sought out one here on ats that has great record but was shut down even after a donation.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

For some reason I have a headache right now. I want you to try to look within yourself and see if you can see anything.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Probably you have nothing and every possibilities same time - Like white paper I mentioned before. So noone can read you. They may tell you things but in the end you will know that its not real.

I have similar experience with readings even If I want them just out of pure curiosity. In the end I don't even bother with them since its my way not to know - Its like someone tells you spoler before movie or good book
And enjoyment is somewhat lost in the process.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's because you're an ATSer. One of the chosen. Could she really tell you that you are going to be one of the Generals in the 2nd American Revolution? Or you will witness something you shouldn't have seen and be eliminated by the shadow gov? Or that you would leave this planet with extra terrestrials one day like Ezekial and never return? Or any other wild future an ATSer is bound to have? Destined, to have?

Maybe your mind is just too powerful (or scrambled by mind rays?) to be deciphered? I would sneak back there and put a gun to that lady's head and say "Now tell me... tell me Everything! NOW!!!" But that wouldn't work... As a psychic, she would know that I would never intentionally hurt another person. But she may divulge the info when she realizes that I am fully capable of hurting a person UN-intentionally, when I remind her that I'm not very good with guns and it might go off accidentally... But then she would know that this can't be real and must be a dream or a holographic display because she would be a psychic and know that I would never pull a gun on someone unless a had to because I know I'm not good with guns and it could go off accidentally. So that wouldn't work either. Damn mind readers...they always think of everything!

Or maybe she saw that you're gonna be a serial killer or mass murderer. Now, would she be required to go to the police in such a situation? Or is there some type of attorney-client privilege there?

Editors Note: Of course I would never put a gun to someone's head, or recommend for anyone else to do the same, not even hypothetically. Actually, especially not hypothetically...because that's like lying to your brain.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Igriel I agree with that but my curisoity is more toward what the reader is going through. So far every reply here has revelence to me. Even the ones that seem to be less serious.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight Well that is very telling. There are those out in the world right now engaged in mental war with me that i have never met. There stuff is weak and can be overcome fairly easy for me. It started a couple weeks ago.

Here is a mantal exercise many can try on me. For about a year or so when i lay down at night and relax i could start to here battles going on around me. Keep in mind that to most this is just imagination but then memories came to me of protectors that were fighting while i was incarnated here. Point being is that they finally got relief from me using light. What color lightt did i wield to overcome them and won the battle? I am going to relax now and open for a while. will check back in.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470 Actually i knew why she did it then but i'm am trying to get others perspectives on me since i just recently made a serious breakthrough. Sorry to all for being so cryptic at times but i come in pieces.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Simple question i have is what reasons do you think this would be the case?

You could always be your own fortune teller and find out.

www.ichingonline.net...
i ching says the king nears the temple and forgiveness on mankind will open the door. It's an interesting link you provided

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Since divination is forbidden by the Bible, perhaps the fortune teller knew that you would become a child of God, putting your trust in Jesus Christ.

The alternative is to spend an eternity in hell. Dabbling in the occult in any form, even horoscopes or ouija boards is a very very bad idea, unless you like being demonized or possessed.

Consider yourself fortunate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join