It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only Way God is Real.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Goat, I really did not meant you as one who farted, but I see you kind of volunteer...

Seriously, when talking about similarities, I always use 'mars' pictures and our brain doing its work in recognizing shapes and comparing them with something we already have registered and have seen.

There is a whole topic on those pictures, and all of them turn out to be rocks...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

I've heard a lot of science types say that pattern recognition might be the key to us being self conscious or maybe it was the first higher function that evolved. Pattern recognition is something that's more important and used then most realize.

If you've ever had glasses. You might have noticed how your eye sight gets worse without your glasses on the longer you wear them. Before you started wearing glasses you felt like you saw pretty good but now that you've been wearing them a couple months, when you've taken them off, you can't see for $/it.

Your eye sight hasn't changed.... What it happens is your brain recognizes patterns you've seen before and starts smoothing out the edges for you. Filling in the blurry spots "pretending" your seeing stuff you can't. Once you've been wearing glasses awhile. Your brain stops needing to do that because of the glasses. So it gets out of practice and when you take off your glasses it no longer smooths out the edges and fills in the holes......

Sadly this could be the reason for UFO sightings and other spiritual experiences. Like someone said earlier. Because our brains are just reading electric impulses from our eyes, ears,nose and skin that can misfire and tell us any lie and it seem real.....
edit on 13-5-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Goat, I really did not meant you as one who farted, but I see you kind of volunteer...

Seriously, when talking about similarities, I always use 'mars' pictures and our brain doing its work in recognizing shapes and comparing them with something we already have registered and have seen.

There is a whole topic on those pictures, and all of them turn out to be rocks...

Are you dumb? I said exactly the same thing. You clearly never read what people post.

I said it's silly to say the universe looks like a brain, then I posted an image of it's 3D structure and explained the physics behind it. Then you are all "lol you guys are dumb you look at 2D pictures and draw conclusions
)

You are like really, really hopeless. It seems you only post to contradict people even when you agree with them.

BTW, what you talk about is called pareidolia.
edit on 13-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

You really have problem with reading as well getting joke...

Where did I say you said otherwise or said that I disagree with you?

Only reason I mentioned your nick is because include word 'fart' in it.

Take it easy, too much stress is not good for you...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

I was talking about the post before. Where you answered right after my post and mentioned discussing the shape of the universe as dumb.

Why would I care you make fart jokes?

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join