It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only Way God is Real.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

Don't know if you saw tron legacy but funny if life was like the Iso's from the move. A spontaneous entity that came out of the programming frame work.

Who programmed the framework? You start to talk like a Christian now

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Most Christians might be Catholics. But I still think your brand is only half of total Christians. When did the Catholic Church decide the biblical tales are morals to the story no fact? I'm legitimately asking
Not being sarcastic.

So Catholics do believe Jesus was a virgin birth and he walked on water and such. Would those be a lesson or history in your opinion. Hasn't science disproven the fact you can be born without 2 parents?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Most Christians might be Catholics. But I still think your brand is only half of total Christians. When did the Catholic Church decide the biblical tales are morals to the story no fact? I'm legitimately asking
Not being sarcastic.

Last time I post this because it was explained in all my posts and you clearly never read them.

Catholics are the majority of Christians worldwide wether you like it or not. Once again you deform reality by saying it's only half of it. The fundies you talk about are probably less than 20% wordwide, no more, so quit assuming they represent Chrstianity.

The Church never decided to change stance regarding the interpretation of the Bible. It has ALWAYS been consider a book to interpret and not read literally. Literalism IS A MODERN AMERICAN INVENTION. I hope you get the message this time.

Church father Augustine of Hippo (354–430) wrote of the need for reason in interpreting Jewish and Christian scripture, and of much of the Book of Genesis being an extended metaphor. You see the date? And yet you still think the Church change its mind recently?

Some Catholics believe in miracles, some not BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE POINT OF THE CATHOLIC FAITH, THE POINT IS HOW YOU BEHAVE IN SOCIETY AND IF YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS AND GOD!

You can be so dense when you decide so. You really don't know enough about the subject to discuss it. Maybe if you were more open and humble you could learn a thing or too instead of making insulting generalizations and showing you know nothing about this.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: [post=17904280]

Spacegoat farts.... Maybe you have a realistic view of Christianity but you are not in the majority on ATS. I'll keep your kind but the rest of these yahoos do have a mental disorder. :p

I think you wanted to posted this here? I guess so.

Now we are getting somewhere. So your point is that many people on ATS have mental disorders?

Guess what. I agree. And it's not only christians. There are literally tons of conspiracy theorists with mental disorders, it has nothing to do with religion.

So next time you want to appear smart and witty, don't make the mistakeof saying the people you meet on ATS are mental because of religions.

Use your brain, read about the subjects, make a critical analysis and leave your hate of Christians at the door.

There are many insane on ATS because it's like a honeypot to them. End of story, no more conclusion you can derive from that.

So in the future try to be more critical and less judgemental, especially if you are too young to realize how full of preconceptions you are.
edit on 10-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hehe

Actually I went and looked up the Global stats for Christians.

Only 50% of the worlds Christians are catholic and a small percent of them are fundamentalist.

Both of the other branches and the majority of the smaller branches believe the bible is the literal truth. Being prodestant and orthodox.

The country with the biggest population of Christians is in the US.

So sounds to me like your 20% isn't even close. So I think debateing fundamentalists Christianity is more then fair. Sounds to me like way closer to half and half being the accurate figure. I actually feel sorry for you. Y'all catch it from both sides. Lol

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Khod (God) was originally Female. This fact has been lost to time and ignorance. Who gives birth? Who is the nurturer? Without woman, man is essentially inert. Only She can stand alone. The Universe is shaped like a giant egg. The ancients knew this.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Hehe

Actually I went and looked up the Global stats for Christians.

Only 50% of the worlds Christians are catholic and a small percent of them are fundamentalist.

Both of the other branches and the majority of the smaller branches believe the bible is the literal truth. Being prodestant and orthodox.

The country with the biggest population of Christians is in the US.

So sounds to me like your 20% isn't even close. So I think debateing fundamentalists Christianity is more then fair. Sounds to me like way closer to half and half being the accurate figure. I actually feel sorry for you. Y'all catch it from both sides. Lol

You provide no figure to back your claim. The US is the country where there is the must fundies in the world and I already shared how only 3 americans out of 10 believe in a literal bible.

You only have your feelings to back your claim and you proved many times your feelings are quite biased.

Also there is difference between saying the bible is true (innerancy) and the bible is literally true (literalism) which you dont seem to get, the majority of the christians believe in innerancy, not literalism, its quite different. Orthodoxy claims innerancy, not literalism. Again most orthodox can make the difference between the story of genesis and the historicity of the bible.

Not trying to disrespect you but you have to understand when you make ill-informed generalizations about christians you are no different from those who say " jews love money and black are violents because the ones I know are like that." It's insulting and childish.

Generalizations are a sign of intellectual laziness. I made no generalizations about atheists, you should try to be more balanced instead of simply posting to say you find christian faith stupid and irrational. We got it but unfortunately its a caricature. I feel also bad for that you try so hard to defend the little you know about christian faith without showing any sign of actually reading about it.

How could literalism be prevalent worldwide when it was invented in the US a few hundred years ago. You make no sense for someone who claims to be critical.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Because for one the evangelicals have been really really active in there recruiting. That and saying it's the literal word of god gives more credibility to those who want to believe. Once you admit it's been edited a dozen times it's credibility is obviously questionable.

I'm no generalizing I'm talking to the half that do! They identify as Christians as well so referring to them as Christians is fair.

Please define inerency vs literalism.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Because for one the evangelicals have been really really active in there recruiting. That and saying it's the literal word of god gives more credibility to those who want to believe. Once you admit it's been edited a dozen times it's credibility is obviously questionable.

I'm no generalizing I'm talking to the half that do! They identify as Christians as well so referring to them as Christians is fair.

Please define inerency vs literalism.

No you do your research yourself. Can't you even use google? Everything I posted previouly you have ignored it and I had to repeat it multiple times.

Also you keep saying half of them and I just told you it's incorrect. Once again you can't even read.

Only 3 Americans out ouf 10 read the Bible literally, and it's the country that invented literalism.

Fundamentalism is not literalism.

All fundies are not literalists. All literalists are fundies.

Only a minority of Christians are literalists, not half of them.

You have proved you have no desire to learn about the subject. Only to read anything conforting you in your distorded beliefs.

In that regard you are not different from the deluded Christians you make fun of.

Keep believing half of the christian world reads the world literally despite all I posted. Shows how much you care about the truth and how you believe in a simplistic view of reality

Have a nice week end.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yea YOU said it was incorrect. The stats I found said way closer to 50/50.

My distorted beliefs are all verifiable. My opinion on religion is an assumption as far as an omnipotent all knowing god. My be fiefs on the inaccuracies in the bible are fact.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yea YOU said it was incorrect. The stats I found said way closer to 50/50.

My distorted beliefs are all verifiable. My opinion on religion is an assumption as far as an omnipotent all knowing god. My be fiefs on the inaccuracies in the bible are fact.

All you found is that half of the christians are catholic.

You are clearly deluded if you think it means half of the christians are literalists.

I don't what to say, either you are a troll either you are really naive.

You have literally posted no figures about literalism. Nothing.

Only I did (3 american out of 10)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Inerency means it's literally true. Infallibility means it's incorruptible and literally true. So explain to me how half the world believes in inerency but don't believe it's the literal truth?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Inerency means it's literally true. Infallibility means it's incorruptible and literally true. So explain to me how half the world believes in inerency but don't believe it's the literal truth?

You are a troll right?

Inerrancy does not mean that.

Here is the definition if you cant even google yourself.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Biblical inerrancy should not be confused with Biblical literalism.

Just quit it and admit you have no idea what you talk about. Like when you accused me of disinfo.

You never proved me wrong on any point while I kept showing how you have no clue what you talk about. Just have some humility and admit it.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Now get this once and for all. I live in europe, I visited dozens of countries. Only in the US a significant number of Christians believe in a literal genesis.

You don't have to take my word on ot, but what you falsely believe about the world wont change reality one bit. You are just plain wrong because all you know of the world are the few southern states around yours.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

From your own web site. Inerency is the fact that it has not been corrupted. Infallibility says it can not be corrupted. Both believe the same damn thing about the present incantation of the bible. You just know looking at it that was is crazy. So you don't. That doesn't mean your in the majority and even if I'm being safe it's a 40/60 split. Not even close to your 20% number. I have legitamatly looked up what you mentioned because, hey maybe you were right. I am in the Bible Belt. But everything I've found has said the opposite. I'm on my iPhone or I would have quoted from YOUR site on inerency

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

It's nice to see people becoming aware on the construct within which we "exist" (more like operate). I certainly won't argue with your premise, since it's on the right track and I have been pushing this for almost 30 years, primarily after I became heavily immersed in physics and computer sciences.

It is the only rational theory that accounts for the behavior of the universe. Our Creator, God, Cosmic Muffin, Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc., chose your religious poison, is a programmer and mathematician.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I think it makes sense too. The question I have is , assuming it's true, is life a planned part of the program or a spontaneous manifestation like the iso's from tron legacy.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The fact that it has not been corrupted does not mean it is read literally.

If you can't understand this little sentence I feel sorry for you.

Biblical inerrancy should not be confused with Biblical literalism.

All the statistics you looked at make absolutely no mention of literalism. You have nothing to back your claims.

You just can't admit when you are wrong because it hurts your pride. My figure of 20% of literalists worldwide is even probably way too high.

You just can't accept the majority of Christians are not as stupid as you thought so. Sorry. They are not.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I think it makes sense too. The question I have is , assuming it's true, is life a planned part of the program or a spontaneous manifestation like the iso's from tron legacy.

Who wrote the program?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Who wrote the program?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join