It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado's newist problem: Exploding houses!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's not a problem, it's just Mother Nature thinning the herd.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Exactly, survival of the fittest!

The process is not rocket science, these are the same people who would have blown themselves up lighting a gas grill.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: HardCorps

No. It's not cooking. The problem is inadequate ventilation during butane extraction.

EDIT:

I'd also like to point out that every year at Thanksgiving there are dozens of stories of people burning themselves and their property while attempting to deep fry turkeys. Nobody is promoting a ban on Thanksgiving or deep frying.

Yes, and we call them stupid as well.

There are instructions on the deep fryer that say "Only use outdoors", but alas, illiteracy seems to be a growing trend among people who are confronted with instructions.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There was a huge explosion from a ruptured natural gas pipeline near my place recently. Luckily no one was injured, but it rattled the ground and made a mushroom cloud. Accidents happen when incompetent people screw up. Should all things combustible be outlawed?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: lightedhype

Do not work with flammable gases unless outside or in an extremely well ventalated area! Simple. Rocket science to these people to not run off a bunch of butane inside their own enclosed abodes apparently...

SSnF for bringing skme atention to this issue.

Exactly, the guys who were making it probably decided to smoke up halfway through lol.

They probably did it indoors which is bad..there are many possible sources for ignition of a gas besides actually lighting one up, fridge motor kicks in and creates a small spark..could be that easy.
BHO should never be done indoors period.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hash oil production is legal in Colorado, but many commercial manufacturers have switched to more expensive but safer carbon dioxide extraction.

Link to USA Today

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It happens more commonly in places where it's illegal because people try to hide inside while doing it. It is imperative that you be outside. Even if your inside and think you have enough ventilation a spark from any of the myriad of electronics and outlets can spark a pocket and boom. It also probably happens more when weather is bad and people are impatient. Really though it's pure stoner stupidity to release multiple cans of a highly flamable gas into a closed space full of ignition sources and hope all goes well. I actually have 2 friends who've blown up their kitchens...both got bad burns and completely totalled their kitchens...and I told them both how stupid they were as I laughed at them. I hope the lesson sticks with em.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: stirling

No...Pot is legal here now
and with the huge inflow of tax dollars will remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Pot Legal Hash Oil is not---

you cant call this propaganda when all it is---is stupid people breaking the law and blowing up 'S**T' in the process!

Yea, they used to say Pot made minorities rape white women,

I am sure the people saying that, thought they where reporting statistically significant information as well, they were not.

How many people die while texting while driving, that is an illegal activity that kills far more people daily than hash oil extraction.

Yet you are not on here expounding the dangers of that, Why?

Because the MSM didn't tell you too.
edit on 4-5-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I know this guy who lives down here in a small town in Florida whose trailer burnt up a short time back, he says it was a shorted out cable box, but I actually saw him "running" reefer with butane a few times.

I also saw an article in the local paper about the same guy getting busted for possessing paraphernalia more recently because of what was found when his trailer burnt down.

I don't harbor any particular resentment or animosity toward drug users as long as they and their friends stay the hell away because you never know who these people are considering the only thing they have in common is drug use, it's pretty much the same as having a bunch of drunk people around, stupid #e is going to happen.

I know this from experience, the type of needless drama a lot of these people drag along with them and expose innocent bystanders to, and has cost me dearly a few times until I tired of dealing with all of that kind of horse crap.

I think legalizing any addictive mind altering (and marijuana is addictive and mind altering),drug is a dangerous move, and know that governments and states are only allowing this to earn revenue, and always knew that would be the only reason to ever legalize marijuana.

It should be grown for food and manufacturing purpose nonetheless because it is a useful resource when used for something other than amusement, and the number of crops of industrial hemp per year that can be grown is amazing.

People need to realize that their mind and body are not a toy to play with like they do, and yes, I know there are a lot of legal substances which need to be dealt with also, but we all saw how prohibition worked out didn't we?.
edit on 4-5-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: gock

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmikDebris
a reply to: HardCorps
It doesn't matter, the anti-pot people will spin this like "this wouldn't happen if cannabis were illegal".

Happens to meth labs around here all the time. Meth isn't legal, and shouldn't be. Weed should be legal, as far as idiots trying to make their own hash oil, natural selection I like to call it. It can't be that hard to do or dangerous, I'm pretty sure most the people making this stuff, that have been for years, illegally, aren't the most intelligent people.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SixX18

Just depends…are you saying everyone who breaks the law is stupid? I know for a fact their not all stupid…it's just a case of stupid people are everywhere and there will be some doing "your thing" all wrong and making everyone look dumb when in truth it's just that stupid people are everywhere and into everything.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hash oil (the really concentrated kind) requires butane with is highly combustible but if used in a well ventilated area and away from flames its safe to use. This is just stupid people doing stupid things. People are injured in all types of explosions. people cause steam explosions every year when they try and deep fry a frozen turkey and propane grills explode every year killing people because they didn't tighten the hose enough. So why is this news? Just because it involves a controversial topic and people have agendas. If some one with out proper knowledge of handling chemicals wan't to try and do something unsafely and blow up they're house in the process let them.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Thinning the herd .. just feel bad for innocent people who live near the idiots who blow themselves up .. no sympathy for the idiots they get what they deserve ..

sorry but how do you work that out? you might do something someone else doesnt like..... if you died doing it does that mean you deserve it?

moron

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: solentsunrise

originally posted by: Expat888
Thinning the herd .. just feel bad for innocent people who live near the idiots who blow themselves up .. no sympathy for the idiots they get what they deserve ..

sorry but how do you work that out? you might do something someone else doesnt like..... if you died doing it does that mean you deserve it?

moron

If someone died or gets injured doing something stupid than they deserve it, if its well know that what you are doing is very dangerous in the situation your doing it in and don't take any precautions for safety than its your own fault and yes you deserve it. I've done plenty of dangerous things with chemicals way more dangerous that butane and if I died or seriously injured myself I would only have my self to blame. People need to start thinking before they do things. You make a conscious decision you get what you deserve. Its called Darwinism its how the world works.
edit on 4-5-2014 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Its a new industry. Someone pleas inform the garage chemists that industry is to be performed in industrial areas, not residential ones.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
sorry still disagree.

lady di (uk) for example, bit stupid getting in that car... doesnt mean she deserved to die. darwinism or not.

i could probably come up with many more examples, doing something dumb kinda really doesnt warrant death. jeeez man

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: solentsunrise

Yes but on the car that lady di got into it didn't say on the Car in big bold letters Cation Flammable Keep Away From Flames. Thats comparing two totally different situations. There was not a 100 percent chance if she got in that car that it would crash. There is a 100 percent chance that if you use Butane in by an open flame that it will ignite.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: solentsunrise

i could probably come up with many more examples, doing something dumb kinda really doesnt warrant death. jeeez man

Lack of risk avoidance behavior is natures Condom.

Those that exhibit such behavior, don't get to damage the gene pool and pass on that behavior to their offspring.

For some reason in our society we have decided to protect those behaviors, and allow them to propagate.

THIS will not end well, from a purely biological perspective we have laws and policy that allows for the lowest common denominator to propagate.

Personally, I say remove the nanny state laws, warning labels, etc, and let nature go to work.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join