It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Primitive, Indigenous & Instinctual Use of Edible Clay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A curious article about the use of clay in the daily life of birds and people. Well presented and with links to further research. If I try to think more from the side of Traditional Chinese Medicine, it makes sense why enduring substance like clay, would be helpful balancing a sharp and fiery reactions of the digestion.

Immediately before eating, their potatoes are dipped into an aqueous suspension of clay, a procedure which is said to prevent 'souring in the stomach

Now is the time the franchise of fast food to steal this old method of dipping the potatoes in earth instead of catchup.

For one reason or another, certain conditions of toxicity can occur in the human body - which past experience and results of the experimentation reported above indicate can generally be aided by action of hydrated bentonite upon the alimentary tract.

As the author proposes, apparently primitive man was not a dumb as the modern white man has often assumed.

-Your clay stained friend, the Bartender.(insert desired number of cats here)

edit on 4-5-2014 by Egoismyname because: Chubbchubbs

edit on 4-5-2014 by Egoismyname because: more of them

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

primitive man was not a dumb as the modern white man has often assumed.
a reply to: Egoismyname

Why it gotta be white?

Dumb modern WHITE man? Really??

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, as the article goes to speak of the traditions of South American tribes, the author makes the comparison in that way. Reading the text may give you another impression, rather racial one.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well, I can't find one negative review or study on ingesting calcium betonite clay. Even NASA found it valuable...

"Use by the NASA Space Program – The effects of weightlessness on human body were studied by NASA back in the 1960s. Experiments demonstrated that weightlessness leads to rapid bone depletion, so various remedies were sought to counter that. A number of pharmaceutical companies were asked to develop calcium supplements, but apparently none of them were as effective as clay. Dr. Benjamin Ershoff of the California Polytechnic Institute demonstrated that the consumption of clay counters the effects of weightlessness. He reported that “the calcium in clay …is absorbed more efficiently … [clay] contains some factor or factors other than calcium which promotes improved calcium utilization and/or bone formation.” He added, “Little or no benefit was noted when calcium alone was added to the diet.”[39]"

healthesolutions.com...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Why it gotta be white?

Are you serious????
OMG get off the race thing already..........what a joke.
The only thing you could get from this thread was that?
How pathetic. What ...now you want ATS to ban his account?...maybe fine him...

first poster and that's what you got...keep pushing the meme.
I always expect more from long time members.
disappointing.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Why it gotta be white?

You misinterpreted the OP's meaning. In reading it, it states that primitive man was not as dumb...nothing about modern white man being dumb.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
God said we were made of clay. Funny that it is edible.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mark1167

A little urine in your cheerios this morning? get off it. it was sarcasm. The OP caught it... Why didn't you?

If I had been upset by it, I would have been justified. It stuck out like a sore thumb, but the OP knew my jest. 600 posts and this is the kind of rubbish that makes them up?

Come at me bro!

Easier if you just... Deal with it.

InTheLight... Trust me.. I caught it. Lighten up you guys. If it's too early, go back to bed. I've been at this forum since 5am my time. For some of youz, it's a graugy sunday. For me, it's just another pre-dawn work day.

edit on 4-5-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

a reply to: mark1167

A little urine in your cheerios this morning? get off it. it was sarcasm. The OP caught it... Why didn't you?

If I had been upset by it, I would have been justified. It stuck out like a sore thumb, but the OP knew my jest. 600 posts and this is the kind of rubbish that makes them up?

Come at me bro!

Easier if you just... Deal with it.

InTheLight... Trust me.. I caught it. Lighten up you guys. If it's too early, go back to bed. I've been at this forum since 5am my time. For some of youz, it's a graugy sunday. For me, it's just another pre-dawn work day.

Lay off the caffeine then and switch to a nice tall glass of distilled water and bentonite clay. LOL

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

No caff.... errr wait. I drink a ton of green tea (and osmosis filtered water)! lol

...and I ate too much clay as a child. I think i'm good for a while

new topics

top topics

join