It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Slits Own Wrist: Classifies MH370 Info – What Do They Know The Rest Of The World Doesn’t Kno

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Pretty sure the World does not revolve around the NSA.....

Shows what YOU know! Neener, neener!

Or, the NSA doesn't revolve around the world makes more sense. Maybe.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

But they do, in low Earth orbit.
Along with NRO.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

But they do, in low Earth orbit.
Along with NRO.

And you think they can intercept planes

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

And you think they can intercept planes

Not that I know of. Perhaps you're thinking of someone else. If by 'intercept' you mean they can pick them up in a big UFO or something, sort of like this...

...then definitely no.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a. the plane was hijacked and the passengers are hostages
b. the plane was hijacked and shot down
c. there were motherfckin snakes on a motherfckin plane

edit on 6-5-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300

d. the pilot was a nutcake and the plane crashed
e. they had a fire and the plane crashed
f. there was a major engine failure and the plane crashed
g. there was a depressurization they couldn't fix or didn't detect and the plane crashed
h. there was a hijacking and the plane crashed
i. there was a hijacking and the plane is somewhere else now and all the passengers are in a hole in the ground

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The big secret about classified information is that it is not classified for the information within but, how it was obtained. So the NSA could could have the same exact information on the fllght but, have that information varified by collection information from Malaysian and other national or corporate intercepts. So a highly classified NSA document that they would not declassify could literaly say "we have no idea what happened to the plane" and be classified because it came from a bug on a Malay leader in a conversation with its own military leader to protect sources and methods.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Just a thought here... What if it isn't what that know that makes this a secret national security matter, but what they don't know yet?

As my father said during Boston Bombings..... "They might know more than they are telling us, but can't tell us because then others involved know as well."

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300

d. the pilot was a nutcake and the plane crashed
e. they had a fire and the plane crashed
f. there was a major engine failure and the plane crashed
g. there was a depressurization they couldn't fix or didn't detect and the plane crashed
h. there was a hijacking and the plane crashed
i. there was a hijacking and the plane is somewhere else now and all the passengers are in a hole in the ground

j. The plane was abducted by aliens.
k. The plane didn't exist.
l. The plane landed and was a secret mission.
m. The plane was a transformer.
n. The plane flew int a black hole.
o. The ocean is so big we have no actual idea where it crashed and may never be found.

I think O.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SixX18
o. The ocean is so big we have no actual idea where it crashed and may never be found.

I think O.

O doesn't preclude the other options. Second line.

eta: And personally, I think e and o are a good combination.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Ridiculous. Why would the US have had an interest in this flight prior to its disappearance? Or do you actually think we have the resources to watch every flight going everywhere?
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

edit on AM000000310000000551935312014-05-06T06:35:30-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu31u0551936312014-05-06T06:36:39-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Consider for a moment that there was a multinational search-effort in looking for this plane. If the US had military assets assisting in this search, conclusions from their methods could definitely be cause to claim National Security.

Example: (and I'm just pulling this outta my ass) if a US Sub used terrain-mapping sonar to search an area at 6000 feet, that would say "Hey - our subs can actively map the sea floor at 6000 ft!".

Maybe there's some capabilities that were used in the search that we don't want others to know about - hence the classification
and maybe it's just an ongoing investigation and therefore they don't say anything. Lets consider the source here.
edit on AMu31u0551941312014-05-06T06:41:44-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: EviLCHiMP
Why don't we all respect the families of the passengers involved and stop tossing out all of these factless assumptions and 'what if's'. We will all know what happened when the mystery is solved with conclusive evidence.

For goodness sake show some heart, there are dozens of families suffering immensely because of this and all of you are just treating it like its some Where's Waldo puzzle. I'm ashamed of this community right now.

"Conclusive evidence"? Given to us by the government? Don't give me that crap! This needs going over with a fine tooth comb by external experts because there are just too many holes in the official story.

If a relative of mine was killed I would want to know EXACTLY what happened to them and questionable, unreliable, or suspicious info given to me by the government is just not good enough.

You can not simply take their word for it because we know they lie and we know there are discrepancies in their information. In fact if I was a relative of one of the deceased/missing, I would be far more upset if people just let this drop without questioning everything and finding out the truth.

I'm ashamed of you for bending over and letting the government shove their crap up your @ss.

One day people who question authority will bring true transparency and freedom to the world and people like you will share the benefits even though you do nothing to help

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The NSA dont have the capability to track every plane on Earth and you are seriously misguided if you think the Americans know what happened to the flight.

Do you know why UAVs are flown over the battlefield, why Apache gunships provide overwatch and target acquisition for soldiers on the ground? Why the Russians test UK RAF response times, why there are 200 missing school girls taken Boko Haram missing if the USA is so great?? Why the USA has lots of assets on the ground?? Because satellites cant provide 24/7 coverage of everything on earth by a country mile.

It was a commercial satellite which tracked pings from the Aircraft all the way to Australia, a signal probably hidden in what data the satellite was collecting, the NSA has no information on it or else they would have said they tracked the flight sooner, the Amercians know as much (or as least) as anyone else. The NSA response is stock response, basically, "we dont give a damn about the FOIA in this case we have no information and we are not going to waste time discussing it with a load of tin foil hat wearing folk".

And in true foil hat style, this becomes a conspiracy highlighted perfectly by the overly dramatic title of this thread.

The ability to take no information from the "greatest" nation on earth as proof of conspiracy.

Why do you convict innocent people.
Why did you start a war in Iraq around weapons that dont exist.
Why do you rely on other assets (aside from sattelites) to monitor Russian troop movements near Ukraine
Why do you still fly U2 and working (or operating its replacement)
How come there are pirates operating all over the horn of africa and can still slip in between a vast armada of the worlds most sophisticated navies?
Why do we spend a fortune on MMPA aircraft and AWACS

I can carry on, but the reason is whatever you dream up that the NSA or America are capable of, its lots less than you imagine.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
By the way, there are certain areas the commercial world are leading the military, I know one for a fact, file compression, the ability for a "spy" aircraft to compress vast amounts of data to send it via a wireless medium to a live streaming ground station.

Commercial tech: The compression software, the solid state drives, the ruggedised laptops - all adopted by the military but led by the likes of Inmarsat or whoever (video compression, MP3, MP4, H264 are led by open source developers) so it is likely that a commercial operation is ahead of the military.

If I were to imagine that deep sea exploration is a highly lucrative industry for Oils and Gas - then I would expect a commercial operation would be ahead of the US Navy in deep ocean investigation?

Horses for courses.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silicis n Volvo

originally posted by: EviLCHiMP

Why don't we all respect the families of the passengers involved and stop tossing out all of these factless assumptions and 'what if's'. We will all know what happened when the mystery is solved with conclusive evidence.

For goodness sake show some heart, there are dozens of families suffering immensely because of this and all of you are just treating it like its some Where's Waldo puzzle. I'm ashamed of this community right now.

"Conclusive evidence"? Given to us by the government? Don't give me that crap! This needs going over with a fine tooth comb by external experts because there are just too many holes in the official story.

If a relative of mine was killed I would want to know EXACTLY what happened to them and questionable, unreliable, or suspicious info given to me by the government is just not good enough.

You can not simply take their word for it because we know they lie and we know there are discrepancies in their information. In fact if I was a relative of one of the deceased/missing, I would be far more upset if people just let this drop without questioning everything and finding out the truth.

I'm ashamed of you for bending over and letting the government shove their crap up your @ss.

One day people who question authority will bring true transparency and freedom to the world and people like you will share the benefits even though you do nothing to help

Our government, are you a Malasian or an Australian?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

edit on 6-5-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
We're all missing the obvious clues in this case.

The area they're searching in, in the South Indian Ocean came from a private satellite company being able to trace the 'pings' from the transmitter and the flight path.

If a private company can give an estimated guess then you can bet your bottom dollar that a government with billions of dollars of resources could pinpoint where this plane is, was, or went down within a few feet of the exact location.

Either someone shot this plane down, and are doing everything in their power to cover it up, someone was on board who was of great importance to a government and they've taken the whole plane to get at them, or it's sat on a runway in Diego Garcia in god knows what kind of plan.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Capitalsource

there were many members of a defense chipmaking technology company on board as you all know...

heading to China for a 'business meeting.'

the plane has not been located - yet. there is no physical proof of a violent end - yet.

the plane changed course, but no cockpit radio-to-tower recording of distress present.

the pilot was related to an antigovernment political figure (red herring?).

it remains an official mystery therefore.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirDrinksalot
The NSA dont have the capability to track every plane on Earth and you are seriously misguided if you think the Americans know what happened to the flight.

Do you know why UAVs are flown over the battlefield, why Apache gunships provide overwatch and target acquisition for soldiers on the ground? Why the Russians test UK RAF response times, why there are 200 missing school girls taken Boko Haram missing if the USA is so great?? Why the USA has lots of assets on the ground?? Because satellites cant provide 24/7 coverage of everything on earth by a country mile.

*snip*

This is a nice voice of reason.

People give the military, the government, and intelligence agencies far too much credit thanks to Hollywood. And now that the plane is gone (of which an ocean crash is very viable and there are hundreds of thousands of miles to cover) people think that the US government knew and is some type of participant in a conspiracy? Is this going to be chased down like 9/11, because just like that case...the majority of "online investigators" WANT the US government to be the culprit in a predisposed opinion.

And why would the NSA not say anything? Because it's an active investigation by multiple countries and the NSA is not running the show. Of course they are going to claim national and foreign interests and keep silent. It wasn't our plane, protocols, or investigation.

originally posted by: Capitalsource
We're all missing the obvious clues in this case.

The area they're searching in, in the South Indian Ocean came from a private satellite company being able to trace the 'pings' from the transmitter and the flight path.

If a private company can give an estimated guess then you can bet your bottom dollar that a government with billions of dollars of resources could pinpoint where this plane is, was, or went down within a few feet of the exact location.

Either someone shot this plane down, and are doing everything in their power to cover it up, someone was on board who was of great importance to a government and they've taken the whole plane to get at them, or it's sat on a runway in Diego Garcia in god knows what kind of plan.

Which "obvious" clues? That a plane went down somewhere in hundreds or thousands of miles in some of the deepest parts of the ocean, not to mention a place with some very strong currents? The full search area was actually over two million square nautical miles and then narrowed down greatly just for the use of submersibles...one of which was previously gathering clam larvae before being used for this search (so that tells you how "specialized" the equipment is...as in it's not specialized for this type of thing at all).

So yes a private company gave an estimated guess and thus far they haven't been proven right in the least, so the next step that a government could, is a flawed line of thinking from the beginning.

Then to jump to everything from cover-ups, hostile actions, and even aliens is not helping any cause. I'm not wanting to isolate anyone here, but it would be nice if people new actual capabilities of the military and government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join