It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's visit to Ottawa - the menu, the demonstrations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
HEY

Do you think Paul with agree to have the bouclier anti-missile?????
Will he send troops in Irak to satisfied Bush because he's kinda scared of him?
What will come out of it!!!! THAT is the big question!

People in Canada don't even accept that BUSH comes here!!!!! They say he's not welcome here

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
HEY

Do you think Paul with agree to have the bouclier anti-missile?????
Will he send troops in Irak to satisfied Bush because he's kinda scared of him?
What will come out of it!!!! THAT is the big question!

People in Canada don't even accept that BUSH comes here!!!!! They say he's not welcome here

He might accept it, but he cannot make it so on his own. We'll see if Layton can rally the votes to defeat any such motion in parliament. I know it is coming soon, and I have a feeling Harper who wants it, needed to know if he would have the backing of Canadians, since last friday I was called in a by his campaign office, conducting an election poll of all things. That suggests things ar about to heat up on parliament hill and perhaps this minority government is soon expected to fall and take its place in history alongside the others.

As for him being here, frankly, I feel like our soil has been desecrated.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Amelia,

I don't think Paul Martin will agree to the nuclear missile sheild or sending our troops to Iraq. He may agree to extend the stay of our soldiers who are currently stationed in Afghanistan. Tehy will likely also discuss Canada's participation in the new Iraqi government and the rebuilding of Iraq. I can't see troops heading over to fight Bush's assinine war. It would be political suicide for Martin, as would declaring support for the missile shield.

peace,
Lukefj

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiskey
The real embarrassment is the law keeping it illegal

until they can accurately test THC levels/sobriety ala RIDE...I'm not supporting legalization

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well, I can't accept that big decision like that will be made by Paul and Stephen Harper....I like Jack, he has common sens but he's not invited to the reunion

The guys that is supposed to host the dinner between them just died today! He will be replaced
I heard comments from people manifesting at the parliament, they say that they want nothing to do with americans, that we are tottaly different from them...
I'm a bit scared! I don't want Canada to be part of Bush plans to destroy the world

The good thing at least is that there is no violence from hte manifestants

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Remember one thing, folks... Paul Martin = shipping industry magnate, George W. Bush = former oil magnate (or wannabe oil magnate).

Birds of a feather... do they know something the population of the U.S. and Canada don't?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Amelia,

I don't think you need to be as worried as you seem to be. Neither Harper, nor Martin can make this decision on their own...they will surely discuss it , but no decisions can be made without House support.

I wouldn't be too quick to agree with the people present on the hill and their perception that Canadians are completely different from Americans. That really isn't true at all. We are very similar in so many ways....almost 50% of Americans don't like Bush all that much eaither...The % may be higher in Canada, but there are people in Canada who approve of Bush too. The people protesting at the hill today represent the extreme of one side of the coin.

Peace,
Lukefj

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It makes me happy to be Canadian to see all these people taking to the streets about something they believe in.

Plus, I strongly doubt there will be any violence at all.

Democracy at work, even if it doesn't bring about any actual immediate change, it should be a wakeup call to Americans that their most friendly neighbour is organizing mass protests against the leader of their country.

As far as I can tell this has never happened before to this extent.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
word I'm hearing, they'll discuss...

- US ban on Canadian beef
- softwood lumber dispute
- Canada to train Iraqi police/military...but in Jordan
- Canada to deploy more troops to Afghanistan
- missile defence shield

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thanks GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be watching the news all day!!! It's all over our news channel non-stop!

Keep faith, we are a good population

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Bush and Martin should be holding a joint press conference in about 10 minutes. I'm on Newsworld right now, will watch.

Egad... Bush in my Parliament.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You have a problem w/ the most powerful man on Earth visiting the Canadian Parliament?

Consider yourself fortunate that GW has ignored the rantings of some of your crazed "politicians" and seeks to strengthen what are already strong ties.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was just expressing amazement at seeing Bush in that venue that I see everyday on the news.

But hey, since you're talking about my "crazed" politicians, in this case former PM Jean Chr�tien, I agree with all the decisions he made re Iraq and foreign policy. Actually, 80 percent of Canadians agreed with them.

However, I don't agree with what member of Parliament Carolyn Parrish did - stomping on the figurine of Bush. That's not constructive.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I was alluding to Parrish.

Isn't she the same one who called GW an idiot last year? Or was that another left-wing wacko?

Canadians, in my book, are cool.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Parrish is a loose cannon. I don't approve of Bush, but hey, he's there for four more years, might as well do something constructive with him... disagreement is quite alright and expected... slander, on the other hand.

They're holding the press conference now.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
Well, I can't accept that big decision like that will be made by Paul and Stephen Harper....I like Jack, he has common sens but he's not invited to the reunion

The guys that is supposed to host the dinner between them just died today! He will be replaced
I heard comments from people manifesting at the parliament, they say that they want nothing to do with americans, that we are tottaly different from them...
I'm a bit scared! I don't want Canada to be part of Bush plans to destroy the world

The good thing at least is that there is no violence from hte manifestants

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jack will be at the dinner and has been granted his 30 seconds of intellectual exchange with monsieur le pr�sident cancre. Do not be afraid Amelia, Martin wouldn't dare.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The themes Martin is touching on are border security, free trade, cooperation on multilateral approaches to a peace plan in the Middle East.

Bush: "The United States and Canada share the idea of freedom and the determination to defend it"

He's mentioned Canada's role in Afghanistan... nice of him.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Parrish was removed from caucus, and rightfully so. She was highly unprofessional. That type of behaviour is typically un-Canadian in my opinion. Many of our countrymen may not like Bush, but they would stop short of calling names and stomping on action figures...what are we, in grade two? No offense to any members who are in grade two.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ooo, the Globe and Mail asked Bush if he thought he had any role in Canada and U.S. moving apart on a lot of issues...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Bush - "I'm the kind of fella who does what I think is right (...) some people don't like that, that's their right"

Martin - "Obviously there are disagreements on various issues of foreign policy and commerce (...) but we have common shared values, and we shared optimism."

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join