It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Implant Could Restore Memory. Is It a Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
In a few months, researchers from a highly secretive US military division say they will reveal new advances toward developing a brain implant that could one day restore a wounded soldier's memory.

Indeed!! Pffft!

www.disclose.tv...

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is forging ahead with a four-year plan to build a sophisticated memory stimulator, as part of President Barack Obama's $100 million initiative to better understand the human brain. The science has never been done before, and raises ethical questions about whether the human mind should be manipulated in the name of staving off war injuries or managing the aging brain.

"If you have been injured in the line of duty and you can't remember your family, we want to be able to restore those kinds of functions," DARPA program manager Justin Sanchez said this week at a conference in the US capital convened by the Center for Brain Health at the University of Texas.

Well, of course they want to help us!
Sounds like as good a 'cover up' for their (possible) 'real agenda' as any, right?

I just read a thread last week by member, Apoceclipse, where he was talking about how the government had been using him as a test subject by one of the U.S. intelligence divisions for a research operation experimenting in the behavioral engineering of humans. If I remember correctly, he stated he received a brain implant at the age of six months old, and they 'studied him' under a controlled environment for many, many years!! (Can't link it due to it being removed.)

Can anyone say 'Mind Control' here?!!

I can hear it now... "Hey, let's tell the public this implant is to help them regain their memory. Once they see how good this works, then we can reveal that we have implants for anyone who wishes to be able to access all kinds of knowledge they didn't have before... implants that can 'download' any subject they wish to learn. But, don't tell them we will be able to control them though this implant!"

I have read many testimonies from people who say they feel like they have been under the power of someone else, saying things that weren't coming from their thoughts, behaving in ways that were not under their control, etc.
There have been studies done on soldiers in the past. Here are a couple of links. I'm sure there is more information on this for anyone who wants to dig a little deeper.
www.alternet.org...
scribol.com...

Here is another site that discusses this topic: rt.com...

There could be a lot of good come from this, but I just don't trust these guys! When we start allowing them to put implants into our brain, we are only asking for trouble!!

I think these 'special intelligence divisions' have been experimenting on people for a long time, and they have had the capability to control us for a long time. Now, they just need a good excuse to get the implants in us without us realizing what their real motives are!

Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

What do you think?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If Obama wanted to help wounded and traumatized soldiers, I'm pretty sure there are many, many, many, many other worthwhile ways to use that $100 million to do so.

I find this "initiative" odd as well.

edit on 4-5-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Ok great. How do you restore their memory for less?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I'm just saying, there are already several other issues being neglected when it comes to the well-being of our soldiers. So, I guess we'll continue to ignore those and go straight to memory chips? Alright.

I just disagree with the priorities here. My opinion.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I agree 100%, NB.

The fact that they are suggesting brain implants before helping in other ways that are more important, IMO, seems 'fishy' to me!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I'm just saying, there are already several other issues being neglected when it comes to the well-being of our soldiers. So, I guess we'll continue to ignore those and go straight to memory chips? Alright.

I just disagree with the priorities here. My opinion.

Logical fallacy. Because there are other issues we can't work on memory less? Maybe we should reverse that .. as long as there are memory issues we should not work on anything else.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Speaking for myself, I have recently been diagnosed with a tunor on my brain, and I started to keep a dairy on my progress. It is really scary to see how quickly I am losing my facilities. One day I could still,open my eyes, the next day I have to use my fingers to open my eyes. Memory getting impaired, and so on.

I would really aappreciatemsomething like that.

For normal people that want to learn something new amd extremely advanced. Upload the required knowledge. What is so scary about that?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
They want to restore soldiers memories in order to recall their loved ones?
More like the short term recall of tactical situations gone horribly wrong.
INHO it has nothing to do with the betterment of humanity and everything to do with determining the next target.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Anything that involves the Government implanting anything in my brain makes me very skeptical of their intentions. They have too much abuse of power to begin with- the temptation would be to great for them.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: justblackstone
Anything that involves the Government implanting anything in my brain makes me very skeptical of their intentions.

Come now, don't be so quick to judge! After all, the gov cares so much about our teeth that they made sure we all have fluoride whether we want it or not. They're just looking out for us because they care!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Implanting false memories is the first thought i had. If you don't remember something, then how will you know if it really happened or your mind has been compromised...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604
Speaking for myself, I have recently been diagnosed with a tunor on my brain, and I started to keep a dairy on my progress. It is really scary to see how quickly I am losing my facilities. One day I could still,open my eyes, the next day I have to use my fingers to open my eyes. Memory getting impaired, and so on.

I would really aappreciatemsomething like that.

For normal people that want to learn something new amd extremely advanced. Upload the required knowledge. What is so scary about that?

It would be great, if they really do have improving your memory as the basis of this research. I just fear there's something much more sinister behind this. And, like someone else said, how would you know they were really 'your' memories?

top topics

join