It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Sunset Time-Lapse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I suppose I'm biased in this regard but I think this rendition of sunset and busy bees is quite beautiful...I'll let you be the judge. If nothing else it's a good distraction from the negativity we face day to day. Enjoy

edit on 8.19.2016 by Kandinsky because: Fixed title typos

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Epirus

Geez, you posted this two years ago and not a single comment?

Well, my personal, singular quest is to live in a house with a balcony where I can see the sun rise. I've seen one so far this year. Now, thanks to you, I've seen two and by responding, I'll be able to find it and rinse and repeat.

I wonder what other wonderful posts you might have shared, had someone said thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Thank you!

There are more of them if you're interested.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Man, thank you. That brought tears to my eyes. I'm going to save the third one for later, to have something beautiful tucked away, like an unopened gift.

I hope someone else will take notice of your post!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Thanks again! Here's a photo I took tonight:

and here's another 3 videos from before:

edit on 20-2-2016 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wow.

Wow.

Is that you singing (except for the Ave Maria)?

Today has been one of the saddest of my life.

If I disappear, please continue to send me a sunrise or a sunset once in a while, so that I will always have something beautiful to look forward to. Even if it's only once a year. I know how to wait.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I'm very sorry to hear that. Hang in there my friend. 'Opportunities to find deeper power within ourselves come when life seems most challenging. It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.'

It was very cloudy, ugly and gloomy only seconds before this picture was taken. Within seconds the clouds gave way to a very beautiful site...sometimes good things are only a moment away no matter how gloomy they may seem right this second. Sometimes the gloom is needed to breed the beauty.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You are so cool, and so correct, and once again you bring tears to my old tired eyes.

Each time I try to leave ATS, something or someone draws me back. I must have been an old penny in a past life.

Anyway, thanks. That was so very thoughtful of you.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Got another good sunset to cheer you up...

edit on 5-4-2016 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That was beutiful, thank you! WELL worth the time to stop and reflect. I was also moved by the music. It sounded like Paul Simon singing to me. Do you know what the piece was?

I feel this way when my camera is set up, hoping to capture the green flash over the ocean. Only about 5% of the time does it happen. Only about 1 of 5 of those is it worth saving.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

The audio in order of videos:
1 - Xavier Rudd - Messages
2. Schubert - Ave Maria
3. Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars
4. Neil Young - After the gold rush
5. Xavier Rudd - Land Rights
6. Mumford and Sons - The Cave
7. Radio/Podcast mock

For what it's worth...I've found that you can only capture what is meant to be captured...my best susnet captures have been by chance...as crazy as it sounds...I've gotten lucky with them as if it was meant to be.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

For what it's worth...I've found that you can only capture what is meant to be captured...my best susnet captures have been by chance...as crazy as it sounds...I've gotten lucky with them as if it was meant to be.

Or perhaps, only capture what wants to be captured.

Or, perhaps, it captured you.

I've been thinking about you for the last few days, wondering how you're doing, what you're doing, who you are, if you're alright...and so I was thrilled to see this here, because it instantly answered the last question. I told my husband, with a bit of smugness, that you must be a bit psychic and he smiled and said that he was thinking of you yesterday!

Timing is everything. And FINALLY someone else noticed and acknowledged your post! How cool is that?!! My smile was so big that it almost popped the walls out of the room.

I've wanted to tell you something but also tempted not to because I don't want you to go away, but we found a house to rent and for the first time, since 1995, 20 years now, I can sit with a cup of coffee outside and see the sun rise! It's sort of secondary, over some roof tops, but now I am content, and full of gratitude for every nano second of my life.

All that was code for "thank you" but also an unabashed acknowledgement that I'm still looking for that occasional Easter egg. (As a kid, no one explained that this was a one day event, and so, alone, I kept hunting....)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

All I can say is likewise...I've been wondering about you as well even though I don't know who you are...interesting how much of a connection a stranger can draw in unique situations. Your comment brought a big smile to my face...and for that I thank you with the following photos...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm not as rude as it may appear. I'm in the middle of moving and still waiting for an internet connection.

Plus I could think of a million things to say and I've been trying to weed it down a bit. I have a picture in my head that I wanted to share but can't put it into words just yet without using too many. It's just that your recent photos said something really nice, in a personal sort of way. If you don't mind coming along for the ride, I'll just spontaneously speak from my heart through my finger tips, sort of by-passing this tired and filter clogged brain...

Back in '82, probably before you were even born (!), I had some odd paranormal experiences. If you've read my Intro, you'll have a bit of context for it. At that time, being green and without any sort of guidance, I got a book by Dion Fortune called Psychic Self Defense. In it she referred to...I forget what she called it now, but some sort of entities...and she said to visualize an "x" over the thing. That sounded like a good idea, so I did so...and IMMEDIATELY the X flew back at me, growing in size to be bigger than me. It didn't knock me down, but it felt like it did. And that was just the beginning of a strange battle, that I eventually won.

Now, I hope this makes sense to you, as I do have a rather convoluted mind, but that photo felt like the solar opposite of that experience a zillion years ago. And it's a double yolker type of thing. You see, you've already spoiled me with the odd assortment of music, but the last video had a narrative. I wasn't expecting that. At first I was a little disappointed, to be honest with you -- and you should see by now that I am indeed quite honest. I kept thinking that this was just an introduction and the music would begin shortly, but it didn't. So, trusting you, I decided that the narrative was the music. And he was speaking about going inside or seeing things as if we had gotten smaller and smaller. Forgive me, I've already forgotten the details. I just remember the image it created for me...and it was really, really cool.

So, now the other yolk...this time you sent a still photo. Another surprise. No music. No action. But it created a sort of music and action inside of me, which I have been trying to describe to myself so that I could make a feeble attempt at describing it to you, out of gratitude for the experience, and as I said, somewhat convoluted. Seeing the rain on the window brought to my attention how I always saw the sunset "way over there" on the horizon. But it was also reflected in every one of those drops of rain. And while unseen, it gave me the impression that the sunset is always present, way over there, right here, and everywhere in between, somewhere in the Invisible Silence. And this reminded me of the narrative of going small. It was like the sunset was in the Macrocosm and also the Microcosm -- as above, so below...as within, so without. That was amazing and amazingly beautiful. But for me it had even more...there's always more... Somehow, in a metaphorical way, it reminded me of that big X from so many years ago, only it felt like now, that it was that great big sunset which was throwing itself onto me in a thousand little sunsets like a heavenly embrace. It felt like something important came full circle.

I don't know if any of that made a bit of sense to you. I think it did. If not, it was all code for Thank You!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It makes complete sense...you read into it exactly as it was meant to be read...quite fascinating...most people have just thought I was sharing in different ways and wouldn't recognize the narrative...which ties it all back to the lyrics of the first video...
edit on 7-4-2016 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Hope all is well ClownFish, thought you might appreciate this...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

More than you could possibly know...and yet, I think you do.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Your videos here are amazing! Thank You for sharing these!!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Syx! There you are, excuse me, here you are! Oh, thank you for showing up here!

I know the fire that comes out of your mouth. Now, I know nothing of how strong the nose of a dragon is...

Do you think you can find him? I keep thinking what a gift he would be to the Shed. Everyone there seems to be noticing a lack of substance, never realizing that they are looking for themselves. But I am now guarding my words, as I don't want to see this removed as not pertinent to this thread. It very much is.

Yesterday someone wanted someone else to star and flag "this person"...but trust me, they were looking in the wrong place. THIS is the person to star and flag. Epirus.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hello friend, sorry it's been a while...been dealing with a lot lately and to top it off I just lost my best friend. I hope you enjoy my video tribute to him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join