It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odessa slaughter: How vicious mob burnt anti-govt activists alive

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I agree! Russia should put an end to these terrorists once and for all. The whole world should take notes.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sechmet

originally posted by: sosobad
a reply to: sechmet

Got a source for this please?

The source for this is a comment from the site I just made copy-paste:
wiadomosci.wp.pl...

under 15:31 information: "Kilkaset osób o prorosyjskich poglądach zaatakowało posterunek milicji w Odessie. Sforsowano bramę, zbito okna. Zebrani domagają się uwolnienia zatrzymanych podczas przedwczorajszych starć w tym mieście, w których zginęło około 40 osób. "

you have to click 2-3 times "show more comments" to see it:

comment ~odessa (15:56)

Thank you, I have an issue with this though, if RT is not a reliable source as others have stated I think that the credibility of a random comment on a polish news site should be taken with a sea full of salt.
edit on 4-5-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: anHairInTheSoup
a reply to: Meee32

if the elite wants a civil war, the elite divides us, manipulates us, arms us, kills a few of us, and get a civil war (so we get to kill each other on our own while they steal what we have) : afghanistan, irak, syria, lybia and now ukraine

on the fence whether putine is accomplice to the imf to create that war or if he's in a real conflict with imf but ultimately it doesn't matter he's elite like imf banksters anyway

Yes of course that does go on, but what are we to be so easilly manipulated? We are no robots, we have minds... If we just decided to drop all party affiliations there would be no way to devide us. Well not so much anyway. We need to find ways to not be manipulated,so how can we do that?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Thank you, I have an issue with this though, if RT is not a reliable source as others have stated I think that the credibility of a comment on a polish news site should be taken with a sea full of salt.

But many sources say the same, also cited above the russian correspondency.

Angry people made angry things, unknown is reason of unexpected deaths people inside the building. The reason was not fire and not normal smoke, it has to be some kind of toxic gas, and this is under investigation.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Thank you, I have an issue with this though, if RT is not a reliable source as others have stated I think that the credibility of a comment on a polish news site should be taken with a sea full of salt.

But many sources say the same, also cited above the russian correspondency.

Angry people made angry things, unknown is reason of unexpected deaths people inside the building. The reason was not fire and not normal smoke, it has to be some kind of toxic gas, and this is under investigation.

Under investigation by whom though? The ones in power in Kiev? Or is it an independent inquiry?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Under investigation by whom though? The ones in power in Kiev? Or is it an independent inquiry?

You must be really screwed by the propaganda...

www.washingtonpost.com... mk=MK0000203

But their attempts at peaceful protest were met with hatred and abuse. Kostrova says her brother and her cousins support the separatists and have posted insulting comments on social media about her. Berg said she has received death threats.

On April 28, they marched through the streets of Donetsk, joined by men and women and children, with flowers in their hair and Ukrainian flags flying high. They walked into a trap, attacked by hundreds of men who were wielding clubs and whips and carrying gasoline bombs, commonly known as molotov cocktails. Riot police stood by and watched. Some, Berg said, even joined in beating the marchers.

“We were beaten at our march just for having Ukrainian flags,” Kostrova said. “The pro-Russians who attacked us said we are fascists, but they burnt our flags and beat our people — so who are the fascists?”

The women fled into nearby buildings but decided that the city was no longer safe. On Wednesday, they decided to leave for the Black Sea port city of Odessa. “I got sick of being afraid for the safety of my own life,” Berg said. “Nobody is coming here to help us.”

The pair say they feel abandoned by the new government in Kiev, as well as the “Euromaidan” protesters who toppled the pro-Moscow government of Viktor Yanukovych in February. “People from this region went to Kiev for Euromaidan, but now nobody there cares about what is going on here,” Berg said.

But her story took an ugly turn when she joined a pro-Ukrainian rally in Odessa on Friday, attended by thousands of soccer fans before a game that night, as well as ordinary citizens.

The peaceful march came under attack by hundreds of men armed with sticks and shields, some carrying guns and molotov cocktails.

But the soccer fans, the most organized and fanatical of whom are known as the “ultras,” were no pushover. A group of them, carrying shields and sticks and wearing helmets, had assembled to defend the marchers.

For hours, the streets of Odessa were the scene of running battles between stone-throwing mobs from both sides. Photographs show masked men using the cover of police barricades to shoot at the pro-Ukrainian side; three people were fatally shot.

Eventually, the pro-Russian forces were overwhelmed and fled.

That evening, the pro-Ukrainian forces counterattacked, burning tents where some of the separatists had been camped and attacking a building where they had taken shelter.

Berg watched the attack unfold. She says the pro-Ukrainian supporters were fired on from the roof of a building but admits that some of them threw gasoline bombs at the structure. Flames enveloped the building. About 40 people died, choked by smoke or after jumping from windows in desperation.

Earlier in the day, Berg had been triumphant. “Odessa is ours,” she had said. But later, as she realized the scale of the tragedy she had witnessed, she was appalled.

“It is awful, it is terrifying. I can’t imagine how their families feel,” she said. This, she said, was not her vision of a peaceful, united Ukraine.

“But I see how violence causes violence,” she said. “It was a peaceful event, just Odessa citizens, and they were attacked. They just shot them with guns. It made people angry, and they decided to fight back.”

Berg says she and her family are receiving hundreds of death threats a day, with her address and photographs posted on Russian social-media sites alongside abusive comments. She wonders whether she will ever be able to return to her home town.

So leave you BS propaganda, and be critical.
Russians have business in what happened, Ukraine has not.
And stop the BS propaganda you flame here.

People died in violent rushes, on both sides. Ukrainian Police (militia) was in Odessa on the side of pro-russian as they are also corrupted.

Simply pro-russian forces had not luck in this moment, as they met soccers fans from Charkov.

And people decided to take the things at their hands, violently but what would you do if somebody would shoot your friend ?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad Today police and firemen did the researches - as would be expected. Then they let in the people. They had been scolding at the police and demanded to see the place with their own eyes. Could be a problem for further investigations later. But some rooms were sealed.

Thousands of people are marching in Donetzk right now, chanting: "We won't forget Odessa!"

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So just to be clear... Anything you post or say is gospel and anything anyone else says is propaganda? Just so I'm clear... Okay gotcha...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You must be really screwed by the propaganda...

www.washingtonpost.com... mk=MK0000203

But their attempts at peaceful protest were met with hatred and abuse. Kostrova says her brother and her cousins support the separatists and have posted insulting comments on social media about her. Berg said she has received death threats.

On April 28, they marched through the streets of Donetsk, joined by men and women and children, with flowers in their hair and Ukrainian flags flying high. They walked into a trap, attacked by hundreds of men who were wielding clubs and whips and carrying gasoline bombs, commonly known as molotov cocktails. Riot police stood by and watched. Some, Berg said, even joined in beating the marchers.

“We were beaten at our march just for having Ukrainian flags,” Kostrova said. “The pro-Russians who attacked us said we are fascists, but they burnt our flags and beat our people — so who are the fascists?”

The women fled into nearby buildings but decided that the city was no longer safe. On Wednesday, they decided to leave for the Black Sea port city of Odessa. “I got sick of being afraid for the safety of my own life,” Berg said. “Nobody is coming here to help us.”

The pair say they feel abandoned by the new government in Kiev, as well as the “Euromaidan” protesters who toppled the pro-Moscow government of Viktor Yanukovych in February. “People from this region went to Kiev for Euromaidan, but now nobody there cares about what is going on here,” Berg said.

But her story took an ugly turn when she joined a pro-Ukrainian rally in Odessa on Friday, attended by thousands of soccer fans before a game that night, as well as ordinary citizens.

The peaceful march came under attack by hundreds of men armed with sticks and shields, some carrying guns and molotov cocktails.

But the soccer fans, the most organized and fanatical of whom are known as the “ultras,” were no pushover. A group of them, carrying shields and sticks and wearing helmets, had assembled to defend the marchers.

For hours, the streets of Odessa were the scene of running battles between stone-throwing mobs from both sides. Photographs show masked men using the cover of police barricades to shoot at the pro-Ukrainian side; three people were fatally shot.

Eventually, the pro-Russian forces were overwhelmed and fled.

That evening, the pro-Ukrainian forces counterattacked, burning tents where some of the separatists had been camped and attacking a building where they had taken shelter.

Berg watched the attack unfold. She says the pro-Ukrainian supporters were fired on from the roof of a building but admits that some of them threw gasoline bombs at the structure. Flames enveloped the building. About 40 people died, choked by smoke or after jumping from windows in desperation.

Earlier in the day, Berg had been triumphant. “Odessa is ours,” she had said. But later, as she realized the scale of the tragedy she had witnessed, she was appalled.

“It is awful, it is terrifying. I can’t imagine how their families feel,” she said. This, she said, was not her vision of a peaceful, united Ukraine.

“But I see how violence causes violence,” she said. “It was a peaceful event, just Odessa citizens, and they were attacked. They just shot them with guns. It made people angry, and they decided to fight back.”

Berg says she and her family are receiving hundreds of death threats a day, with her address and photographs posted on Russian social-media sites alongside abusive comments. She wonders whether she will ever be able to return to her home town.

So leave you BS propaganda, and be critical.
Russians have business in what happened, Ukraine has not.
And stop the BS propaganda you flame here.

People died in violent rushes, on both sides. Ukrainian Police (militia) was in Odessa on the side of pro-russian as they are also corrupted.

Simply pro-russian forces had not luck in this moment, as they met soccers fans from Charkov.

And people decided to take the things at their hands, violently but what would you do if somebody would shoot your friend ?

Hold on a second I asked who was doing the investigating! Where did I post bs propaganda? WHERE? You are citing comments on a polish news site as credible and the WASHINGTON post would never lie to people [/end sarcasm] Now point out where I posted propaganda, so it was the pro Russians that set themselves on fire? And you have the cheek to tell me to be critical.

Your beloved Washington post burying the lies on Iraq
gawker.com...
edit on 4-5-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

burn your tv, educate your children... but so many people need to be told what to think, what to do and how to do it by the establishment... ant work, takes generations
edit on 4-5-2014 by anHairInTheSoup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

…unknown is reason of unexpected deaths people inside the building. The reason was not fire and not normal smoke, it has to be some kind of toxic gas, and this is under investigation.

"Not normal smoke?" Are you trying to create further mystery here? Whats "normally" toxic in a fire that isn't poisonous to breathe? Not buying that one either.

These deaths were not "unexpected" either, they were carefully planned. Even the people that managed to escape were set upon by the vicious mob waiting for them outside. The ones that burn tires, hurl molotovs and burn people alive.

The fire starters, the tire burners, the molotov makers all point back to Kiev.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Some would have us believe that some random Ukrainians occupied their own trade union building one day out of the blue and then set themselves on fire.

They are actually blaming the victims… another reason you can tell this is disinformation is they always label the Ukrainians fighting back against the Kiev insurgency "Pro Russian". When you hear that term you will know.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: anHairInTheSoup

burn your tv, educate your children... but so many people need to be said what to do and how by the establishment... ant work, takes generations

Done and done... lol... Yeah the multigenerational thing always bums me out... Also seems like giving up a bit and a bit of a cop out... I understand the reasoning behind it but we're human now, we have brains now... Surely there is something we can do now?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

install the uruguay president as the world despotic leader, he would forbid advertising and big corporations, then teach the elite and make propaganda to the mass on how to live a simple, peaceful and happy life but we might need weapons for that

pray that all weapons of the world turns into cow sh$t in a fortnight... ? never know with the power of the mind it could work

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Care to point out who the people were who started the fire and what connection they have to NEO Nazis?

better yet explain how anti Kiev forces got involved.
Then go one further and explain who started the violence?

I ask this because I am tired of people making claims with absolutely NOTHING to support the BS.

I'm a journalist - 46 were murdered by Maidan in Odessa and Neo-Nazi Right Secto murdered 10 in Kramatorsk.

I have pictures of the dead bodies but they're too graphic to post.

Maidan who are the US/EU supported interim government in Kiev are allied with the opennly Nazi Right Secto and also have many Nazi members of their own.

RT are usually a bad news source but they're right on this one. Including women and children being among the dead.
edit on 4-5-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I'm a journalist - 460 were murdered by Maidan in Odessa and Neo-Nazi Right Secto murdered 10 in Kramatorsk.

I have pictures of the dead bodies but they're too graphic to post.

Maidan who are the US/EU supported interim government in Kiev are allied with the opennly Nazi Right Secto and also have many Nazi members of their own.

RT are usually a bad news source but they're right on this one. Including women and children being among the dead.

Thank you kindly for that first hand report. Much lacking here. Too bad we can't see some of your less graphic pictures…?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

peace loving? what, you think this is some sort of peaceful sit in? a protest that naive westerners are used to? it's civil war going on at this point, there are no good guys here, it's not some game or a tv show with rules.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Was 46, not 460, sorry. Bit of a typo there.

Sadly they're all stomach churning bad (i.e corpses burnt black from head to toe and dead while trying to climb out of windows etc..) so I don't recommend clicking on it, but I guess it's the only thing that'll get the 'hoax callers' to shut up (I'm in the UK and the whole thing a broadcast live on the BBC).

Pics here but this is very NSFW - i61.tinypic.com... - via journalist Ste Argue

There were scuffles between Ukrainian groups and police, then a few tear gas canisters went off, then the pro-Ukrainians went ballistic and started attacking police and throwing fire bombs at the building. As far as I'm aware, the pro-Russian supporters were trapped inside and not part of the buildup.
edit on 4-5-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
nvm.. question answered in above post about 46 and 460.

Thanks
edit on 4-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

So, as a 'journalist' you were present on the scene and the photographs are yours? You have proof to support your claims? As a 'journalist' you are able to discern fact from fiction and should present the facts as they are. So, to clarify, you are a 'journalist' with categoric proof that what RT report happened, happened?

Edit: looked at the pictures. Indeed, they are graphic but who is the source? They are pictures of burned bodies and that is it. If you are going to link to such things then the images need to be put in context and ideally the who, what, where, when and how principle applied.
edit on 4-5-2014 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join