learn more

Odessa slaughter: How vicious mob burnt anti-govt activists alive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+11 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Dozens of people died in flames in Odessa, when radicals set ablaze the local House of Trade Unions with anti-government protesters blocked inside. The city is now in mourning for those who died, suffocated in smoke or had to jump out of windows.

Women and children were hiding in the Trade Union’s building,” an eye-witness told RT. “First the armed men set fire to tents, then they started throwing Molotov cocktails and grenades at the building. We heard shots fired and saw smoke,

Dozens eventually burnt alive or suffocated to death. To escape the fire and smoke, people were hanging out of windows and sitting on windowsills. In sheer desperation, some of them eventually jumped to the ground.

Odessa slaughter: How vicious mob burnt anti-govt activists alive (GRAPHIC IMAGES)

This is Horrible , SO much for peace loving Ukrainian Nationalists . I'd say Russia should simply move in and finish this off once and for all ...
edit on 5/4/2014 by defcon5 because: Mod Note: Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines - Copy and paste the EXACT headline as it appears in the original news article. Do not create or sensationalize your titles.

+46 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Oh hey, look! More Pro-Russian garbage. Let's all watch the stars and flags roll in! Russia Good! 'Murica bad!

Have you watched any footage of the last few days? Because I have... And it was Pro-Russian separatists setting buildings on fire, not the other way around.

So why no commentary on how tragic it is that pro-russian thugs have kidnapped, beat, and even killed people? Where's the krokodil tears when it's your side that is doing the killing? Does RT ever report about it? Do you pay attention to multiple sources of media?

What's your excuse for the brutality of pro-russian thugs? Let me guess, they are justified because: "Fascists".
edit on 4-5-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Care to point out who the people were who started the fire and what connection they have to NEO Nazis?

better yet explain how anti Kiev forces got involved.
Then go one further and explain who started the violence?

I ask this because I am tired of people making claims with absolutely NOTHING to support the BS.

The EU has requested an independent investigation into this incident to prevent either side from exploiting it. Something I strongly support since its obvious agendas are also being run by people in the forums.

ETA - not to mention a blatant T&C violation for making up your own title and not using the one given by the Reporting news agency - RT.
Its sad when even RT has its news coverage hijacked and distorted by ignorance.

Odessa slaughter: How vicious mob burnt anti-govt activists alive (GRAPHIC IMAGES)

Not to mention the article does not use the term NEO Nazis.

Way to fail op...
Way to distort information...
Way to portray an event as something its not...
Way to continue to incite anger and division via actively lying and making claims you nor your source article can support.

Any chance we can move this pile of garbage to the hoax bin?
edit on 4-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Way to fail op...
Way to distort information...
Way to portray an event as something its not...
Way to continue to incite anger and division via actively lying and making claims you nor your source article can support.

Any chance we can move this pile of garbage to the hoax bin?

Maybe you should do some research before lecturing me on right and wrong .. The building was burnt by Radical Nationalists .. Funny how you seem to be in a hurry to put this into the hoax bin ..

+12 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I ask this because I am tired of people making claims with absolutely NOTHING to support the BS.

What do you expect from RT.com??

+16 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

because the BS being put forward cant be substantiated by either side, including in the RT source you first tried to pass off as something its not.

So this is the point we have gotten to. Intentionally misleading people and changing news article titles in an effort to present something as fact when even Russian media sources cant say for sure who started the fire and what their affiliation is?

This situation is not funny... in fact its sad and people like you are not helping the situation in any way shape or form.

Feel free to answer my initial questions -
Care to point out who the people were who started the fire and what connection they have to NEO Nazis?
better yet explain how anti Kiev forces got involved.
Then go one further and explain who started the violence?

You apparently have way more info than RT does so by all means - explain to us where you got your information to make these blatantly false claims.

Hint - you made the claims not RT and nothing in RT's information supports what you claim.

+10 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

What do you expect from RT.com??

That's just it.. nothing in the OP tirade of ignorance is even in the RT article they used. Its not supported in any way shape or form.

When people have to lie using RT to cover those lies, its bad.

I asked the OP to point out certain info in the video she posted.

Result? nothing but another video that does not support the points they are trying to push.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
(Mod Snip of Content - See Note)

At the same time, the survey is accompanied by catty comments, they cynically call the dead "squints". (dead people in slang).

lifenews.ru...

On May, 2 in Odessa the confrontation occurred between Antimaidan activists on the one hand and the fans of Odessa and Kharkov football clubs and radicals of the "Right Sector", as well as Euromaidan activists - on the other. As a result of the confrontation turned into a real massacre.
There were several thousand radicals at place of collisions, many of whom were armed, they were chanting: "Glory to Ukraine!", "Death to the enemies!", "Get Muscovites to knives". Radicals used firecrackers, smoke grenades, batons and Molotov cocktails, by means of which they set building of the House of Trade Unions on fire.
Total, according to Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, due to fire, 38 people were killed: 8 people jumped from the windows of the building and fell to the death, another 30 got poisoned by carbon monoxide, another 50 suffered injuries, 10 of them are police officers.

Translated with the help of a friend

So, let's repeat once again - "It was a peaceful meeting, nobody was going to burn anyone..."
Several girls urgently removed their pages from social networking sites. One of these cute girls still has photos of preparations. It was preparation to peaceful meeting, right?

edit on 4-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: MOD NOTE: Refrain from posting gore and graphic images of the dead - Media standard isn't always ATS standard.

+19 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

That video and claim is also by RT.com - the propaganda mouthpiece of the Russian government.

The whole of the rest of the world is reporting that the rioting was started by pro-Russians, and that both sides were throwing molotov cocktails at each other.

Now you can choose to continue reporting what RT.com says as if it bore some semblance to objective reporting, or you can face up that you are sucking up to the Russians and apologise to everyone else who spotted that already.

+4 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul
Actually I've seen good pieces of investigative journalism on RT on Wall Street,the Gulf oil spill,Bildeburg meetings and many other topics the Wests media will not touch,there is no news in the West its all opinion and personalities RT reports more facts then you will ever see on Fox or CNN.Now this is not to say they are not biased for Putin but overall their standard is better than the garbage we are fed.Al Jezeera also is not bad.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Right....just because you don't like what you are seeing here you want this in the hoax bin ?
Ultra Nationalists who would burn buildings are Neo Nazis . Its really simple common sense

+9 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I agree to an extent but when a media outlet is controlled by the state, their credibility should be scrutinized closely to ensure that independent journalistic integrity is still present and not subdued by the state.

When it comes to Ukraine, and based on the Russian governments actions towards media that don't agree with Russian events, its lights out on their reporting.

The point was even RT articles do not state what the OP is claiming. Now the op is trying to attach articles to try and cover.

Her initials claims are false, and even RT supports that claim.

+4 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

Right....just because you don't like what you are seeing here you want this in the hoax bin ?
Ultra Nationalists who would burn buildings are Neo Nazis . Its really simple common sense

not at all.. As I stated its because you posted no source to support the lies you posted.

As I stated, twice now, answer the questions posted to you about the claims and the source.

ETA - Life News? You posted RT news as your op. Why the back pedal?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

That video and claim is also by RT.com - the propaganda mouthpiece of the Russian government.

The whole of the rest of the world is reporting that the rioting was started by pro-Russians, and that both sides were throwing molotov cocktails at each other.

Now you can choose to continue reporting what RT.com says as if it bore some semblance to objective reporting, or you can face up that you are sucking up to the Russians and apologise to everyone else who spotted that already.

Every Media outlet is sucking up to someone according to somebodies openion .. So i cant please everyone here....sorry

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

not at all.. As I stated its because you posted no source to support the lies you posted.

As I stated, twice now, answer the questions posted to you about the claims and the source.

AM posting multiple sources , please stop showing your desperation .. Its what everyone does , when you don't like the news, either attack the OP or attack the source ..

Peaceful Russian protesters bringing in Molotov Cocktail draped in Ukranian flag and we have folks here asking for proof
edit on 4-5-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Every Media outlet is sucking up to someone according to somebodies openion .. So i cant please everyone here....sorry

Except no media outlet is reporting what you are claiming.. And now you are trying to pass off a different media source to support your initial claims, which were not supported by the RT article.

Without an investigation please explain how it was NEIO Nazis who did this? I am specifically curious since both sides are making claims in this area about incidents. Its why the EU has called for an independent investigation.

While I know that takes time and can cause issues with propaganda - on either side - your doing the 100 meter rush to judgment without facts is just as bad and only causes more problems.

Besides, you think you are right so there should be no issues with an investigation right? What could possibly be the reason to rush something like this to a conclusion based on "independent" eye witnesses who seem to disappear and turn up on another media site under a different name making different claims?

+9 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

AM posting multiple sources , please stop showing your desperation .. Its what everyone does , when you don't like the news, either attack the OP or attack the source ..

Desperation would be posting older sources with no more descriptive information to support your claims. Desperation is making a claim, being called out because you misled by using a deceptive title, portraying the video as something its not in a desperate attempt to mislead people reading the thread. Desperation is making claims that aren't supported in the media source you used and are now desperately trying to find ANY source to support the BS claim.

Let an independent investigation occur and stop lying to push an agenda you CANNOT support without MORE lies.

Feel free to answer my initial questions - Care to point out

* - who the people were who started the fire and
* - what connection they have to NEO Nazis?
* - explain how anti Kiev forces got involved.
* - Then go one further and explain who started the violence? -

Since media sources cant make this determination, I am amazed you can. I am amazed Life news can.
You tried using RT but they cant even answer those questions and did not use any of the catch words you used to mislead.

+13 more 
posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
But as pointed out by a member with a rational perspective on the situation, you twisted the original news headline to evoke an emotional response from posters. If you want to be taken seriously, the first step is to not edit news articles. In effect, you are creating propaganda.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Except no media outlet is reporting what you are claiming.. And now you are trying to pass off a different media source to support your initial claims, which were not supported by the RT article.

Without an investigation please explain how it was NEIO Nazis who did this? I am specifically curious since both sides are making claims in this area about incidents. Its why the EU has called for an independent investigation.

While I know that takes time and can cause issues with propaganda - on either side - your doing the 100 meter rush to judgment without facts is just as bad and only causes more problems.

Besides, you think you are right so there should be no issues with an investigation right? What could possibly be the reason to rush something like this to a conclusion based on "independent" eye witnesses who seem to disappear and turn up on another media site under a different name making different claims?

The opening RT News claimed the buildings were burnt by Ultra Nationalists , the only Ultra Nationalists who can burn buildings in Ukraine are Neo Nazis .. What i find suspicious is you attacking the News without doing any serious research on the subject .. And now Since i brought you another news source you are some how using that as an excuse to attack the RT ??

Desperate much ?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove
But as pointed out by a member with a rational perspective on the situation, you twisted the original news headline to evoke an emotional response from posters. If you want to be taken seriously, the first step is to not edit news articles. In effect, you are creating propaganda.

Maybe you are right over there , but i stand by my view point that only Neo Nazis have the capability to burn down buildings .. The same was seen in Kiev and now we are witnessing Pro Russian protesters being Burnt alive . AS i said, Ultra Nationalists Ukrainians who burn down buildings are Neo Nazis ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join