It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staying Logged In On iPad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I need some help from some of you fine folks... please.

I am new to the iPad and am now using it alone for all of my computing needs as my daughter has taken the PC over for herself.

On the PC I was always logged in here. That's the way I wanted it and it always worked unless the forum itself logged me off on occasion. I used Chrome as my browser on the PC and that is one of the first things I downloaded to my iPad for browsing. However... It keeps logging me out almost every time I leave the browser to do something else and come back. I can open my browser back up and the page goes to refresh itself and that is when it is logging me out. I then have to go back through the whole log in process again. All of my other pages refresh without an issue.

Can anyone help me stay logged in? I am not sure if it is a setting I am missing, or if it is even possible to stay logged in on the iPad to begin with.

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me. All I can offer is a star and abundant gratitude.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Hi ya, I use safari and have no problem staying logged in, although my iPad is not the latest model, can't give any advice sorry as I am pretty computer illiterate. Good luck a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Thanks anyway. Mine is new to me. I couldn't begin to afford a new one by any means. I am using Google Chrome instead of Safari and I am thinking that is where the issue may be. I am currently testing another browser and so far there doesn't seem to be an issue.

Thanks again. You are not alone in your computer illiteracy.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Are you using safari? Every time I put a password in it asks me if I want to save it.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

No. I am currently using Chrome. I think that may be the issue. Every time I go back into it, it automatically refreshes my pages. ATS seems to be the only site it keeps logging me off of when it does refresh. I downloaded a new browser to check the issue and it doesn't seem to be having one quite yet. I like using Chrome but may have to ditch it if that is the case. It does save my name and password and I don't have to retype it when it kicks me off but I do have to click to log in and wait for it to fill in the information. I know it only takes a second or two each time I have to do it, but it does become annoying after the 50th time.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yeah I know what you mean. After they released ios7 most of my apps restart even if I just close them for a second. I really wish I hadn't downloaded it.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Yeah I know what you mean. After they released ios7 most of my apps restart even if I just close them for a second. I really wish I hadn't downloaded it.

I hear you there. As soon as mine came out of the box that popped up. Being excited I downloaded it without researching it. Live and learn.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I use an iPad, and a laptop, and the ancient, busted piece of crap PC at work to get on ATS. the iPad is always logged in. It uses safari. I have never had a problem with it.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks TruBrit. I have dumped Chrome and am currently using another browser. I haven't had the issue since then. It's been about 10 hours and I haven't had to log back in yet. I didn't want it to be Chrome... But it seems like it was.

top topics

join