It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight MH370 Voice Recording Was Edited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

7 minutes of audio recordings of the final conversations between pilots of the missing Malaysian jet and teams of air traffic controllers on the ground were released

There is one problem: the recordings were “edited” leading many to wonder if the entire conversation wasn’t fabricated

Newly Released Flight MH370 Voice Recording Was Edited

““It’s very strange,” said audio-video forensic expert and registered investigator Ed Primeau of Primeau Forensics, who has analyzed hundreds of audio recordings. He said the beginning and end of the recording are high-quality with a low noise floor, meaning ambient background noise is almost silent, unlike the middle.

“At approximately 1:14 (a minute, 14 seconds into the audio, which can be heard here), the tone of the recording change to where to me, it sounds like someone is holding a digital recorder up to a speaker, so it’s a microphone-to-speaker transfer of that information. That’s a pretty big deal because it raises the first red flag about there possibly being some editing,” he said.

edit on 3-5-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blowback

If this is the case, it doesn't surprise me in the least. The whole thing is shady, why should the audio recordings be any different? I mean, I would think that there would have been some audio of what happened. The pilots would radio as soon as something happened. There is no mayday or anything, so unless the plane exploded without warning (other evidence points to this not being the case) there should have been something.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is gonna be like the 9/11 case where everybody is an investigator and come up with theories... I don't see how any of this stuff would make the passengers families feel any better?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
This is gonna be like the 9/11 case where everybody is an investigator and come up with theories... I don't see how any of this stuff would make the passengers families feel any better?

Not really our job to make the victims families feel better - that falls on all nations responsible (namely malaysia and u.s.a) but we should continue to dig to solve this mystery because clearly all we receive is lies and misdirection. We wouldn't have to analyze voice recording frequencies like this, nor should we as citizens have to try and plot a plausible flight path --- the establishment is all knowing especially with all those super duper satellites that cover the sky

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What the above poster said.

But alao mate, in case you have missed it in the articles, many of the family members themselves think the Malaysian Government is full of # and they are seeking for the answers just as we are....This is what it comes to when the leaders of the world feel the need to keep everything a secret....

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Star and flag for the GIF, nice job,lol

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Does somebody know where I can acquire the original files that were released?
I mean, I would not be surprised if it is edited, I just want to be sure since everybody can make such a youtube video and claim that.
I want to look at the original files myself.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak

Not really our job to make the victims families feel better - that falls on all nations responsible (namely malaysia and u.s.a) but we should continue to dig to solve this mystery because clearly all we receive is lies and misdirection. We wouldn't have to analyze voice recording frequencies like this, nor should we as citizens have to try and plot a plausible flight path --- the establishment is all knowing especially with all those super duper satellites that cover the sky

Now now, no sense in being logical. Best to let the trained Psyop agents do there job at easing our concious. Stop stirring the pot...

edit on 4-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hi. Here is slightly more comprehensive analysis of the recordings.

www.zerohedge.com...

The "acting head of aviation" is the defence minister which is rather strange to say the least. The pilots must of said something that the Malaysian Government do not want us to hear.

Again I am left with this feeling that the Malaysians are trying to hide something. In the preliminary report there was no explanation by the authorities of the action or non action of the Malaysian airforce intercepting this unidentified plane. The Malaysian military radar system apparently cannot positively identify airliners with their transponder turned off so they could not be sure it flew back over Malaysia. In other reports I have seen the military claimed they did nothing because it appeared to be a civilian airliner. Nobody believes them.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
Star and flag for the GIF, nice job,lol

Off Topic…………Your GIF is brilliant…...

On Topic….. I just heard on the radio that a number of terrorists were arrested in India and the Far East and accussed of being part of a ''New Al-Queda'' type group…….

Doesn't this sound like a drip-feed into the MSM to pollute and scare people into believeing that MH 370 was ''stolen by dark forces'' when in actual fact the aircraft has been taken by 'Western' Powers (Super power) for reasons we will never know……

PDUK
edit on 4-5-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: because i obviously cant spele ;-)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If it's not your job to make the families feel better than what is the point on blasting more misinformation all over the internet? You guys are no better than a lying Government. IMO
edit on 4-5-2014 by 3u40r15m because: Quotes

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If it's not your job to make the families feel better than what is the point on blasting more misinformation all over the internet? You guys are no better than a lying Government. IMO

Absolutely nothing of which i posted would be considered misinformation. Good try though, name with numbers. Science and forensics do not lie. They do not have motives.

"Journalists" otherwise known as human teleprompter voiceboxes and World governments DO lie. They DO have motives.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I do not believe this plane has crashed *gut feeling* I have felt this way since day one. Furthermore, I believe these people are still alive...for now.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Blowback

Well, the first video is definitely interesting! Assuming this guy is legit (does anyone know?), it seems clear the recording was edited. The big question is WHY.

I couldn't see the second or third videos. Second said it is "private", and the third says it was removed.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Legitness factor:

Pro:
* Contrary to popular belief, using Adobe products for forensics is accepted in court, and can sometimes be much easier for presentation purposes
* The general discussion / conclusions seem okay enough
* Evidence does seem to suggest editing

Cons:
* The reasons for editing are important. There are multiple reasons for edits including time / storage, audio captured from multiple sources such as different operators / feeds or broadcasting locations (tower / air control) and I suppose national security.
* The noise floor and ambient noise could be related to communication from different locations, on different frequencies, through different hardware etc ...
* As far as the digital skipping, some radios use multiple methods of broadcast to prevent failure: alternating between analog and digital is a basic example. When switching communication method it can cause skipping because its done in real time so that the conversation / broadcast can continue uninterrupted. I can't confirm if a boeing 777 uses this type of hardware, but it's not really discussed at all? And if it's not discussed, then you have to conclude the analyst hasn't considered it.
* Persons untrained in forensic process perhaps handled the initial capturing or storing of the data, thus its messy and edited - this is surprisingly common even for really serious cases in many countries
* Key noting; person clearly wants the advertising

Not saying the person is full of poop, but the acquisition methods of the original source need to be investigated and known as do the capabilities of the hardware involved. Also, it's not clear how familiar the analyst is with avionic communications etc ... some of the anomalies related to noise floor and skipping may be native to the hardware.

Side note: whilst many forensic methods use signal processing, doing forensics does not make you a signal processing scientist ergo deferring to a person's credentials in this area is a bad move.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

The question, then, is whether this recording is supposed to all be form the black box, or if it's from various sources. I was under the impression it was from the black box. If not, then your points could well explain the differences in background noise.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

The question, then, is whether this recording is supposed to all be form the black box, or if it's from various sources. I was under the impression it was from the black box. If not, then your points could well explain the differences in background noise.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Unfortunately the black box hasn't been found yet.

Australians have allegedly found pings from it, but it hasn't been retrieved and the batteries have run out.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Unfortunately the black box hasn't been found yet.

Australians have allegedly found pings from it, but it hasn't been retrieved and the batteries have run out.

Ah! Well, then this would have to be from some other source or sources. Your points make a lot of sense. I wonder why this expert didn't discuss any of that? Multiple sources for the recordings easily explain differences in the background and quality.

Still, I have felt from the moment I heard about this flight that something was "off" about the case. No idea what, but something. I can't believe no one knows where they plane went!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Note to the mods - can someone clear the double post of mine above? I didn't notice it till too late to edit it. Second one of those tonight, and I seldom see them. Thx.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join