It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Octopi now dangerous killing machines?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The wild story at Tenkiller is the giant catfish on the bottom at the dam. Big enough to take a man in one gulp.

Alligator gar, I've seen some big ones in the Little River down by Bowlegs.

Roper

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Spectre

Hi, I found this thread after googooling it , Last night I watched a documentary on national geographic about three deaths related to a octopus in a lake in Oklahoma, it had real footage from High school kids spending the weekend at the lake, 3 of them we dragged to the depth and died , their bodies were never found.
Interesting show, it is on every Tuesday at 10 PM CST
Scary stuff, it is called Camera something, last camera; I kind of forgot the name of it.
It is supposed to be a show about people’s real footage and events.
Contact

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Nothing can live in Lake Dirtybird so it must be an urban legend.

Mutation is possible, and you'd know that if you'd seen the wildlife that sometimes crawls out of that nasty water onto shore. The mutations can be seen drinking swill and bellowing loudly in what is assumed to be a mating call. It sounds something like: "hey, baby, baby!"

After flailing about wildly for hours they eventually become exhausted and drive home to their natural habitat.

There have been many sightings of these strange lake creatures but none have been reported to have tentacles.

This reporter will keep you updated of any new developments on the Oklahoma polluted waters creatures.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tightboarder90

last night there was a show on the oklahoma octopus and it showed it and it was a real tape and it killed three people

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have been in Oklahoma for decades and have never heard of anything like this. Most of our state lakes I have at least boated on, and I have many friends who do the same. This is most likely a hoax.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Nver heard of an octopus in devil's lake. (im from milwaukee, WI) however there were pirrhanna in lake michigan at one time, but only because someone planted them there.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
For those disbelievers, you had better contact "Animal Planet" on TV because they are running a show on Octopus in Oklahoma this week, and here is a video of an octopus in Oklahoma at the beach that was on Animal Planet.

www.mefeedia.com...

I'm sure all of you will find even more if you do a Google search.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
For those disbelievers, you had better contact "Animal Planet" on TV because they are running a show on Octopus in Oklahoma this week, and here is a video of an octopus in Oklahoma at the beach that was on Animal Planet.

You wouldn't happen to have the time it is running this show, would you? I went to their page and my search didn't find any mention of it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

here is an interesting video

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fritzM

The OK Octo was on a show called Lost Tapes. It is one of those docudramas that has a small amount of truth covered in sensationalistic type acting. They do their best to make it appear "real" but it's not. I don't like these kinds of shows just because they make crytozology appear less legit.

Show comes on once a week but I don't remember which evening.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fritzM

Comrad "fritzM" if you go to google and type in, Animal Planet Lost Tapes Oklahoma Octopus, and then go to the Animal Planet site that has Oklahoma Octopus in it you can watch another of the Lost Tapes where it says that a boy in 2007 died and while he was dying in the water he stated that something had him and was pulling him under, plus sightings, plus the statement that more and more people are dying in the lakes in Oklahoma for some unknown reason.

All you have to do is to type in Lost Tapes Oklahoma Octopus once you are at the Animal Planet site, and then you will see the film ready for you to select on the right side of the page called "Lost Tapes Oklahoma Octopus"

animal.discovery.com...

I hope this helps you find it

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I had found that video. I had read your original message as saying that it was going to be broadcast on the Animal Planet television station this week.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fritzM

Comra "fritz" Animal Planet ran that show 3 times "last week", the week that I first reported it. But if you watch the videos in blue letters, you are seeing what they showed on TV. The rest of the time, they only talked about how strange it was to have octopus in Oklahoma. Most of the show was TV commercials, so you really didn't miss anything if you simply watch the 2 videos I put here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If any information of a octopus in oklahoma pleas repost. Ive heard stories of a creture from family. I live in norman and am investigating this myth. I also know thunderbird is a dirty lake but whose to say nothing can't survive in it. Look how we survived just post sum info if any...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Oh my gosh people! Lost Tapes is not a factual show. Lost Tapes is a docufiction television series on Animal Planet. The program, a mix of documentary and docufiction, airs fictitious footage of traumatic stories that are "inspired by the possibility that hidden creatures exist". Try and research these drowning victims in Oklahoma, and you'll come up empty handed. However, research the show on Animal Planet, and you'll quickly find that this is fictional, and the video is produced by Animal Planet and not from any actual footage. Plus, a number of the actors could use a few more acting lessons.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hi. Lost Tapes la docuFICTION series as flashed across the screen at the beginning of the show the stories are INSPIRED by legends of the octopi. Legends that even though my family has been in OK since the land run and I grew up on the lakes no one had ever heard about before the Lost Tapes was run.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
While fishing in the rivers of tenkiller there was awfull noises in the water catching my attention when I looked up to see what the sound was i saw about five leathery dark brown arms splashing out of the water I never seen any thing like it in my life all night the creature fed in the shallows with violent splashing sounds it was on an watery wet lands with shallow water. I researched it when I got home and found out there is a possibility for octupus actually being in the waters and me and my wife are going to continue research to prove that what i seen exist.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I am real curious here now. First you said you live in Idaho,
then you said seattle now you are saying you live in Ok?
Would you mind to please clarify this for me? Thanks.
Now you are from wisconsin???

Also, how come your the only poster that takes forever
for your post to appear even though it has already been received?
Why is that?

[edit on 28-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by tightboarder90

last night there was a show on the oklahoma octopus and it showed it and it was a real tape and it killed three people

Animal Planet's show Lost Tapes is the show you are talking about. Lost Tapes' stories are fiction. They are written using legends of cryptozoological animals as basis. They aren't actual tapes of people that were there. They are filmed by a studio crew. The show's main purpose is to teach about the legends/sightings and to entertain. It is not a true news cast or documentary. The "tapes" are fake, but the legends are real. Tho I must admit I'd never heard of a legend of a Oklahoma Octopus before the show and I've been a fan of Cryptozoology since I was a child.

There is no reason to freak out. Those were actors you watched not real teens dieing by octopus. Currently there are no known freshwater octopi. Tho as stated Bull Sharks do swim miles into rivers. I have seen one myself in the Mississippi River.

Just remember Lost Tapes is fiction. The legends are real, but the show's "tapes" are not

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join