It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Wadlow - The Alton Giant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Happened to come across this picture on Twitter - amazing how big this guy was 8'11 due to a pituitary gland issue. He only lived to age 22 and died in 1940 which was the year the picture was taken.

Robert Wadlow

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've visited the life-size statue of him. As a guy who stands 6'11" it was pretty surreal to feel so tiny..., and humbled.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Think that is his dad on the right who was 5'11.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I remember getting a Guiness Book of Records around 1984 and pretty much read it from front to back.

Out of everything in there this Guy's Bio was unreal.

No one will probably get close to that Height.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

His wardrobe must have been expensive to tailor. That small tie he is wearing is kind of comical...

Cheers,

Kratos

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
His memorial is only about 10 mins from my house! I remember going there as a kid on a field trip. There is a replica of his arm chair there as well. That's honestly the only thing Alton is known for, other than being really haunted that is.
edit on 3-5-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
His memorial is only about 10 mins from my house! I remember going there as a kid on a field trip. There is a replica of his arm chair there as well. That's honestly the only thing Alton is known for, other than being really haunted that is.

Same here. Did you guys go to the McPike, spelling might be wrong, mansion as well? When I went there it was in such disrepair that they wouldn't let any of the kids go inside but I think they were still doing tours. It certainly looked haunted. Mr. Wadlow has to be the only reason anyone not from around here would ever hear of Alton, Illinois.

top topics

join