It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my wife brought me home a grenade today...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: HomeBrew

First off, cool.

You did the right thing.

That said, WHAT THE HELL!??! What will you do now when you need a grenade for some awesome manly reason in the future?

Honestly, I would have kept it. If I couldnt I would have found it a good home. Preferably someone who is ex-military or active duty. The resale value would have been insane. The gift would have been priceless.

But you did do the right thing. Good on you.

I woudlnt have.....lol
edit on 5 5 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: HomeBrew

You did the right thing by getting professionals to handle it.

Anyhow the selling price for them is about $200 at the highest end. How much is your life worth? It's much different if it were a gun, or something non-exploding, but the stability of an old grenade is far from predictable.

Most of them were produce in Tokyo.

Have a look.

inert-ord.net...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: HomeBrew Wow your wife brought you home a hand grenade. You got a keeper there. wish my wife would bring me home a hand grenade, because if she did id be going fishing. P.S. she wont even let me get a monkey.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That's so cool! i would have kept it live or not. I have my grandfathers type 99 Arisaka numbers matching that he brought home from WW2. i also have his dog tags and my Aunt has my great grandfathers iron cross from WW1.

ive found .50 cal ammo links and casings in the desert, just need to find a cool old bomb and display it in my room.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The more I think about the more I wish we were able to keep it. I know my wife would have loved to keep it, if only for sentimental value. I just could not in good conscience keep a live grenade in the house with my family. But yes, it would have been quite cool to have on display

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: HomeBrew Wow your wife brought you home a hand grenade. You got a keeper there. wish my wife would bring me home a hand grenade, because if she did id be going fishing. P.S. she wont even let me get a monkey.

I can understand her stance on the explosives, but to negate the pure awesomeness of owning a monkey...? That's just wrong!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join