It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight MH370 - 11 Terrorists with Links to Al Qaeda Have Been Arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
** That's from the title of the article. It' s not my title.

Eleven terrorists with links to Al Qaeda have been arrested on suspicion of being involved in the disappearance of MH370

- Suspects were arrested in the capital Kuala Lumpur and the state of Kedah
- Said to members of violent new terror group said to be planning attacks
- Interrogations came after demands from agencies including FBI and MI6
- Manifest revealed presence of consignment but did not reveal its contents
- Airline has admitted 200kg of lithium batteries was among the items
- It refused to say what else, citing 'legal reason' related to 'ongoing' probe

The title of the article says 'terrorists arrested' ... but what I'm reading says that people were held for questioning. Maybe Malaysia considers someone 'arrested' when they are brought in for questioning. I don't know. Those people questioned have denied being involved with this plane, but admitted to other terrorist activities. They are referred to as 'suspects' in the article. Again ... I don't know if that's the press trying to use loaded language for attention, or if the people are actually really 'suspects' like we usually think of.

A group of 11 terrorists with links to Al Qaeda were yesterday being interrogated on whether they are behind the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. The suspects were arrested in the capital Kuala Lumpur and in the state of Kedah last week and are members of a violent new terror group said to be planning bomb attacks in Muslim countries. The interrogations come after international investigators, including the FBI and MI6, asked for the militants, whose ages range from 22 to 55 and include students, odd-job workers, a young widow and business professionals, to be questioned intensively about Flight MH370.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You just can't make this stuff up. Whatever happened to that plane, the story gets more and more fantastic than a good thriller film.

Thanks for sharing btw

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
the terrorists are probably a cover up just like they use them as cover ups for everything else!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well of course it was Al Ciada
Who else hijacks airplanes?

I wonder if the two pictures they showed were the best of the bunch lol... The one on the left looks he was just pulled out of a deep sleep

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Seems to me that they don't have a single clue as to what happened to that plane. NOT a clue.

It's speculations after speculations after speculations. UFOs were involved...no...err...a black hole swallowed the darn thing...errr....no...it landed at Garcia...errr....no...it crashed in the indian ocean....errr....it was hijacked by the pilot or co-pilot...no....it landed in China....err....it was because of the scientists on board...no...it was the cargo on board...

Now Al Qaeda.

Playing us much??

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonoftheSun
Seems to me that they don't have a single clue as to what happened to that plane. NOT a clue.

And the entire investigation has been seriously inept. These 'arrests' (which look more like just interrogations to me), came at the behest of the FBI. So it looks like our guys are finally getting involved at some level. Malaysia screwed up. I don't know if anyone will ever know what happened ...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Can't wait to see the photoshopped pictures of who got arrested.

I got ten bucks they paste Bin Laden's head on these people.

This Country is a joke...

link   
Why the slow trickle?

Why not tell people everything you know, and more importantly everything you don't?

link   

And the entire investigation has been seriously inept.

I absolutely agree with you. Incompetence comes to mind. I would go mad if I had a relative that had been aboard that plane.

Mind you, the way this whole thing keeps spinning, along with the Media, it could very well be that it's a cover-up for something that happened and that they clearly don't want the public to know.

At this point in time, it stinks to high hell. Big time.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I don't know if anyone will ever know what happened ...

and this ^ is the design of the situation i fear..

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
This Country is a joke...

Which country is a joke? Malaysia is leading the investigation. Do you mean Malaysia? Or do you mean the UK since that is where this news article came from? Or something else????

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I was talking about Malaysia...

I just remember the pictures of the two guys that got on the Plane.

Remember they both had the same pair of legs?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Why the slow trickle?

Why not tell people everything you know, and more importantly everything you don't?

Incompetence. And maintenance of not being seen as an incompetent entity to those very people.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It appears that the Al Qaeda boogieman didn't die with bin Laden as the current administration would like the world to believe, especially voting Americans.

Islamic terrorism or any connection to it is the very last consideration. Perhaps what really happened on this flight was simply an unfortunate incident of workplace violence?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Please don't misunderestimate my sarcasm.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Terrorism?
No way. Probably a protest over a youtube video that got out of hand.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I just checked CNN and they are live...covering the WH Correspomdent's dinner.

They have been covering mh370 non-stop for months, jumping on every bit of irrelevant information and billing it as "breaking news" but now they would not dare to interrupt dear leader 's dinner.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something here, but how can they suggest a terrorist group was behind it when they still haven't found the plane, and no terrorist group has come forward claiming responsibility.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but this is just another case of setting up a fall guy[s] so that their cover up, or incompetence isn't revealed. But incompetence of this level by the authorities is a little to had to swallow, so that would suggest it's a case of covering ones tracks and finding someone to blame to shift the focus of attention ?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Betcha they miraculously find the wreckage now and recover a floating Koran from among the personal effects.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
From the article linked in the OP:

During the trial of Sulaiman Abu Ghaith Osama Bin Laden's son-in-law, Saajid Badat, a British-born Muslim from Gloucester, said he had been instructed at a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan to give a shoe bomb to the Malaysians.

He said: 'I gave one of my shoes to the Malaysians. I think it was to access the cockpit.'

Badat, who spoke via video link and is in hiding in the UK, told the New York court the Malaysian plot was being masterminded by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the principal architect of 9/11.

Let me get this straight? Bin Ladens son-in-law, who is in hiding in the UK, claims to have given a shoe bomb to the Malaysians, to access the cockpit...

I dont buy this, if he admits to have given them a bomb then why hasnt he been arrested?, why come forward now?. This stinks of a whitewash.
edit on 3-5-2014 by RifRAAF because: ormatting

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join