It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana cop caught on camera abusing police dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Video of the Hammond patrolman lifting the dog off the ground by its collar and striking it with its own leash surfaced Wednesday, prompting the Hammond PD to put the cop on administrative leave for abusing the pooch.

A Hammond police spokesman told NBC the cop's methods were "inconsistent with acceptable training guidelines."

Source

I like how they try to sugarcoat the incident with fancy words, but you can't turn animal abuse into anything less than animal abuse. I don't care why he was treating the dog like that, there's no excuse, and any explanation by the officer himself will just make him look worse.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Striking an officer of the law and all...

I Am sure Civilians have seen time over assaulting a Police K9.

Its a Shame that even fellow police are not immune to the brutalities of their fellow officers.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
They shoot dogs that run up to them with tails wagging, why would anyone expect them to treat there own dogs humanely.

When you have someone who is angry, stressed and can't deal with it and you stack a gun and a badge on it, innocence normally end up paying for it.

If they don't start prosecuting these cops and getting rid of them it will only get worse. Everyday they shoot more and more unarmed people and walk.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

join