It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

huge fleet of fighters and bombers. any info on this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
These are training formations for the 9 of may celebrations in Russia. I have heard that from some other Sources.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sechmet
Hello,

So there is info on this.

Russian Air Forces moved to Crimea :

- dozens of MiGs & Su's jetfighters (approx 30-50 units)
- dozens of TU-22M
- about 9 units IL-76 with military equipment

The war is coming, as nobody believes in lies about the "coming May 9th parade" - to go for parade, they could fly from deep Russia.

Information from official sources in Poland - internet media, MSM

Again,

Every year, every May 9th, Russia hosts a massive military parade in the Kremlin to celebrate Victory Day- you know, to remember the sacrifices of 20+ million Russians in the defeat of Nazi Germany during WWII.

There's always a huge amount of logistics involved in making the parade. How do you think they are able to show everything from bomber formations to tank battalions to Topols driving around? It's not as if the Russians suddenly invented the parade in order to form an invasion force.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lifeishigh

comments from your link imply that they are going to the victory day air show? no idea what that is (ww2 euro victory day?)so id have to go with them saying this is probaly not combat deployments

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin

Hello,

So there is info on this.

Russian Air Forces moved to Crimea :

- dozens of MiGs & Su's jetfighters (approx 30-50 units)
- dozens of TU-22M
- about 9 units IL-76 with military equipment

The war is coming, as nobody believes in lies about the "coming May 9th parade" - to go for parade, they could fly from deep Russia.

Information from official sources in Poland - internet media, MSM

Again,

Every year, every May 9th, Russia hosts a massive military parade in the Kremlin to celebrate Victory Day- you know, to remember the sacrifices of 20+ million Russians in the defeat of Nazi Germany during WWII.

There's always a huge amount of logistics involved in making the parade. How do you think they are able to show everything from bomber formations to tank battalions to Topols driving around? It's not as if the Russians suddenly invented the parade in order to form an invasion force.

So to make the parade in Kremlin they move Air Forces to Crimea ?
It happens that somebody will do the mistake, but like this ?

Ooooh I forgot - if they would move Topol M balistic missiles to Crimea, this would be also because of May 9th parade ?
(I do not think you are so silly... this is a joke)

edit on 4-5-2014 by sechmet because: grammary

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sechmet

And you know this video was in the Crimea how? I don't remember anyone proving that it was there.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

www.youtube.com...

Российские истребители и бомбардировщики над Крымом

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

And that proves what? I've seen dozens of YouTube video titles that lied, or were just wrong. That proves crap, except that someone titled the video that. Where's the real proof?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

There are Tu-95's Tu-160 is there, and other fighterjets..

Many video's from May 3rd from Crimea shows russian planes.
www.youtube.com...

Please explain me Zaphod, what proves your sceptic opinion on the movies ?
Would your sceptic opinion save me from 200kT nuclear bombs which can be transported by Tu-160 ?

There is info on MSM regarding the planes, you may find it without problem..

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yes, there is information that Russian planes were moved to Crimea, I don't dispute that. But you do know that they have many more of the same types in service right? There are dozens, and in some cases hundreds of some of those types in service all over Russia. Just because someone says they shot video of them over Crimea doesn't mean that the video is in Crimea.

The video shown is practice for an air parade. You don't move large amounts of aircraft that way. Some of those aircraft are going to be faster than others, and some much slower. You don't force your faster aircraft to travel at the same speed as your slower aircraft when you're preparing for an attack, or moving combat aircraft into a theater. You move your fighters in first, and turn them quickly to be ready in case you need to launch them on a defense mission. Then you bring in your tactical aircraft, and turn them, followed by your bombers.

You never line combat aircraft up into a parade formation, and fly them low and slow into a potential combat area. That's beyond the height of stupidity, and you risk losing a large number of aircraft, especially since none of the ones in the video appear to be armed. They have no way to defend themselves if they're jumped on the way in, or someone wants to stop them.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

But this is NOT combat area - this is Crimea airspace, under the control of Russian Air Forces

Is it clear ?
And about the height, this may be kind of tactics, probably helps to avoid the radar recognition... remember - this is Russia, russian people think the other way - this is not a risk unable to be taken under some conditions..

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

And it's within range of combat aircraft from the Ukraine. If they found out that Russian planes were moving in, they could move ground teams in with MANPADS, or if they chose to really push things hard, they could send a group of fighters in. You think that if Ukraine felt their back was to the wall they would sit there and do nothing while a huge group of aircraft was moved in that was going to be used to attack them?

You train like you fight, and you fight like you train. This is a stupid way to move aircraft anywhere, except to a parade.
edit on 5/4/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

But this is NOT combat area - this is Crimea airspace, under the control of Russian Air Forces

Is it clear ?
And about the height, this may be kind of tactics, probably helps to avoid the radar recognition... remember - this is Russia, russian people think the other way - this is not a risk unable to be taken under some conditions..

If this is in Crimea, then why would the Russians be so stupid as to fly intercontinental bombers to airbases in contested territory? Have you ever heard of B2s landing at Baghdad airport? Or Kabul?

It's for the Victory Day parade in Moscow. It's rehearsal. They do it every year. I've seen videos of these events. It's really not complicated. It has nothing to do with Crimea or Ukraine.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

Russia is preparing air forces for local war with Ukraine

The movies are from Crimea.
Also official reports say the same - a lot of Tu-95, Su and Migs, some Tu-160's came to Crimea on May 3rd

I will not discuss with idiots, for me this is EOT

Within 2 weeks you will know I told you the truth.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

And when nothing happens within two weeks and there's no confirmation this was a move to the Crimea region are you going to admit you are wrong?

You said they moved dozens of each type there. So what, they flew them there in parade formation, four of each type at a time?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Exactly, I will. If nothing will happen.

What will happen in my opinion within coming 14 days - it will be 2nd Crimea scenario for East-South Ukraine.

As now you can see ukrainian helicopters being shot down, this is no longer something what we can call "peace".

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Exactly, I will. If nothing will happen.

What will happen in my opinion within coming 14 days - it will be 2nd Crimea scenario for East-South Ukraine.

As now you can see ukrainian helicopters being shot down, this is no longer something what we can call "peace".

You mean while the choppers were mowing down Ukrainians? Definitely not peace.

And you call me an idiot while it is beyond obvious that these plane formations have nothing to do with Ukraine or Crimea. For the fourth time: Russia holds a massive military parade every May 9th in Moscow. These planes are part of the parade's formations.

As for your assertions that Russia would send Blackjacks and Bears and many fighters to Crimea: it's absurd. You do realize that Russia borders all of the separatist regions on Ukraine's east and north flanks, right? And why would you send intercontinental bombers within artillery/airstrike/commando strike range of the enemy when it would take all of an hour to just fly them to Ukraine from a safe base in Russia? The Blackjack alone probably wouldn't even achieve a necessary altitude between the distance of an airfield in Crimea and the Ukrainian border. Blackjack's cruise missile salvos could probably be launched from the airport and hit targets in Ukraine, so why put the Blackjack at risk when it would be so much easier to deploy cruise missiles from ships and the ground? It's not as if Russia doesn't host a naval fleet with missile cruisers at its naval base right in Crimea...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lifeishigh

FAKE FAKE FAKE

Unless a plane can fly without it's props turning then this is a a fake alright

Go back and watch that big place behind a taker and you can clearly see the prop blades are not turning at 4:30 or it is being towed by what looks like a tanker to me.

it's very clear to see, you cannot miss it

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I could not identify the first group of fighters though. They looked like the Italian AMX fighter/Bombers with the enlarge canopy and single tail fin. Not sure of any Mig's or SU's with that design.

theaviationist.com...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

A tiny land mass that requires at least 7 long range bombers and some 40+ fighters? Come now. This is an absolute show of force here. NATO is moving hardware into NATO nations so Russia is amping up their hardware. Don't pi$$ down my back and then tell me it's raining.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

That's merely a product of of an illusion that occurs when the speed of rotation is such that--in the interval between each frame. You see this all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join