It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Humanoid recorded over QutubMinar in Delhi, India

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Thanks for posting that video, that was interesting. I always wondered how they did this stuff in the movies. I would love to see an entire movie picked apart and shown how they created all the effects. It's hard to know what's real or fake anymore if you don't have a technical background in this area.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

No problem! It's really quite interesting. I had no idea just how much of the things we see in movies and tv shows is actually completely CG until I studied it in college. For instance most car commercials use completely computer generated models and very rarely have actual cars in them these days.

I'm looking to get into games rather than film, but I took some compositing so I learned a little about how it's done. Glad you found the breakdown interesting. There are lots of cool breakdowns on youtube if you look.
edit on 3-5-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Right off the bat it looks staged to me. I'm basing that on 5+ years of watching fake videos on ATS.

Then the "flying humanoid" comes into frame and it looks incredibly bad and in no way authentic.

I would call this one of the worst videos I've ever seen. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
a reply to: freelance_zenarchist

I thought it had to be fake, but I couldn't understand how they could have had all those people screaming and looking up at the sky.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldenObserver

That's how I felt when I watched the video. I knew if I posted the video, someone like DeadSeraph who has technical knowledge in this area could shed some light on how they managed to create it.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Fake or not, "flying humanoids" have been seen before in events that sure aren't easily explained.

Look up Charles Fort's compendium and later instances... Coney Island, NY and Seattle, WA sightings come to mind where there were hundreds of witnesses and the flying guy hung around for a long time.

It sure seems contrary to common sense, but it happens.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
A few links in case anyone else is interested...

Flying Humanoids [Paranormal Documentary]

Ken Gerhard: Encounters With Flying Humanoids 1/5

Encounters with Flying Humanoids: Mothman, Manbirds, Gargoyles & Other Winged Beasts

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

If they make a feature long flick of that short, I will surely watch it.

Cool concept for a movie indeed.

Thanks for the heads up.

MM

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

are these your "unusual things in the skies" that have you so stressed out?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Now, this is no comment about the validity of the video, since I am not experienced in the field of image manipulation. But I am pretty good with sound, and the first thing to note about the screams on this video, is that they are being made off camera. I would say they are being made from a distance of about twenty feet, probably behind the wall structure that you see in the midground, between the original subject of the shot (the couple of people who are obviously with the cameraman), and the spire in the background.

The people who are stood near the cameraman do not appear to have had the same volume of reaction, perhaps because they were too busy turning around and trying to locate the source of the shock that had caused the screaming. That of course, assumes that the screaming was not added later, and the whole thing was not some sort of hoax. If it was a hoax, it was well done though. The idea of mankind being able to take to the air without a mechanical aid like an aeroplane or a jetpack is naturally engrossing, and it is a theme which many people will WANT to believe, so it is both a good subject visually, and a good choice of hoax because it levers at certain intrinsic elements of the human psyche.

Who does not want to believe that Superman could be real ?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hiya TB, to my ears the screaming sounded like an added track. This possibility is reinforced by the lack of bodies in the footage. The location is full of open space with a few tourists in the far background and yet the level of the screams call to mind several dozen people being nearby. Sure, it's possible that a large group of tourists had herded together but more probable that it was quiet and the track added later.

The crazy reaction seems like overkill as it's meant to be a flying dude not a flying shark or Godzilla on a rampage.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Or a flying giant squid!!!

The hell with that, I would save my breath for running and fighting if one of those showed up! You have to admit though, as a choice of subject matter, a flying man is intruiging enough that some peoples reason could easily be overcome by wonder at the very thought.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Although I think that the video is of course complete nonsense , there is something about this that has been nagging at me somewhat also , as if it SHOULD be possible to fly somehows......
This seems to be how it happens in dreams for me....
www.extremelysmart.com...

This is an excerpt from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. How To Fly © by Douglas Adams There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Pick a nice day, [The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy] suggests, and try it. The first part is easy. All it requires is simply the ability to throw yourself forward with all your weight, and the willingness not to mind that it's going to hurt. That is, it's going to hurt if you fail to miss the ground. Most people fail to miss the ground, and if they are really trying properly, the likelihood is that they will fail to miss it fairly hard. Clearly, it is the second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties. One problem is that you have to miss the ground accidentally. It's no good deliberately intending to miss the ground because you won't. You have to have your attention suddenly distracted by something else when you're halfway there, so that you are no longer thinking about falling, or about the ground, or about how much it's going to hurt if you fail to miss it. It is notoriously difficult to prize your attention away from these three things during the split second you have at your disposal. Hence most people's failure, and their eventual disillusionment with this exhilarating and spectacular sport. If, however, you are lucky enough to have your attention momentarily distracted at the crucial moment by, say, a gorgeous pair of legs (tentacles, pseudopodia, according to phyllum and/or personal inclination) or a bomb going off in your vicinty, or by suddenly spotting an extremely rare species of beetle crawling along a nearby twig, then in your astonishment you will miss the ground completely and remain bobbing just a few inches above it in what might seem to be a slightly foolish manner. This is a moment for superb and delicate concentration. Bob and float, float and bob. Ign

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm not trying to derail the thread. I just stumbled on this cartoon by the great John Kriscfalusci. It struck me as synchronistic with my earlier comment on this thread. It has a flying humanoid and is hilarious. Heat up a can of weiners and beans and enjoy, if you feel so inclined.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

That must be Super Bollywood.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Looked like an RCSUPERHERO to me...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
When I first saw it I thought CGI, didn't even think it could be real. That's the problem though, we see things like this and immediately think, fake.
One of these days something like this will surface and we'll all scream fake, when infact, it's real.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Well, not only does a flying person appear, but also a man in a red shirt suddenly appears out of nowhere behind the original couple!

At 0:12 you can see the only person behind them is wearing a light striped top and light coloured trousers:

Suddenly a few seconds later a CGI man in a red shirt, dark trousers and a hat is there. Not only that but he appears to be lit by bright sunshine whereas the rest of the scene is overcast...

Edit: and this mysterious person appears in less than two seconds, between the camera panning up and back down.

At 0:18 there is nobody there:

And at 0:20 there he is, standing motionless in bizarre full sunlight...

Apologies for quality of captures: done on my phone.
edit on 5-5-2014 by Rob48 because: Added pics

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Is it a Skycam? (LOL!!!!!!!)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In a radical departure from the conventional promotional videos of novels, this video is a PR stunt for Nizam Ahmed’s book ‘Faceless’ published by becomeshakespeare.com
They got what they call "attention" worldWide and even from the ATS community too ! What more these flying people could ask for
edit on 20-1-2015 by filmy24fps because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: filmy24fps

Congrats on your first post and star.

When you state something as a fact you need to put up a link to wherever you got the information from.
Just a heads up, welcome to ATS...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join