It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would the Illuminati advertise?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I've always had a major problem with the illuminati type conspiracy theories.

While I don't doubt that the people we vote in aren't actually the people running the country/world. ( hell even I don't know how smart it is to put some one news finger on the button every 4 years. Keep rolling the dice and sooner or later you get a hitler) I think all the symbolism stuff is just illogical as hell.

If you ran a secret organization who ran the world, but wanted to remain secret why would you ever advertise?
I don't think you would. These are supposed to be the smartest most powerful buisness men on the planet. So why would they be stupid enough to advertise????? And on the money no less!

Now the concept of a shadow organization is logically solid. It's the symbolism conspiracy I find foolish.

The other problem I have with the illuminati conspiracy is the one where they want to kill off a percent of the population. Any action that killed off even ten percent of the population of the world would cause such a "shake up" in society that there's no way to insure those in power now will remain in power. Well the only ones who could pull this off are the ones presently in power. Well since the super rich and powerful already don't have to obey laws. Why would they risk it? What pay off would there be for the massive risk they would be taking?

Thoughts?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
To put it simply, for the past 10 years their have been so many predictions of doom about the Illuminati...we all should have been dead 20 times over by now.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Lol

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Not only does greed and power know no bounds but those at the top (call them what you will) also think they are better than everyone else. And entitled, smarter and deserved.

They also live behind castle walls, surrounded by moats and guards, ride in armored limos, jet helicopters and have little contact with the real world.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Agreed! So since they already live like kings with no consequences for there actions, why would they risk there cushy life by advertising or causing a massive disaster that causes upheaval?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Agreed! So since they already live like kings with no consequences for there actions, why would they risk there cushy life by advertising or causing a massive disaster that causes upheaval?

Because the only thing they get their jolly's off is watching others suffer.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
To put it simply, for the past 10 years their have been so many predictions of doom about the Illuminati...we all should have been dead 20 times over by now.

The problem is it only has too happen once and it can happen at anytime. But I do agree the predictions are ridiculous and the people who usually make them are borderline delusional.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It's one of my top 5 dumbest things I've ever heard in my life.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

why would they risk there cushy life by advertising or causing a massive disaster that causes upheaval?

So they can fix it? Riding to the rescue of their poor little charges? They are "helping" and we are so ungrateful and undeserving. We just don't understand them. They take very little risk comparatively.

Really, I think its how they assuage all the guilt of causing so much pain and misery in order to acquire all their wealth and power in the first place.

In Germany and Japan during WWII both populaces were propagandized to believe they were the "masters of the world" (Master Race and all), better than everyone else. This dehumanizing helps to fuel the war machine, makes it easier for the average person to kill or allow to be killed untold numbers of "the enemy".

So who teaches people that? I think its in all countries. In America its called (by the elite) American Exceptionalism. Americans believe their world is better than anyone else's and justifies all sorts of mayhem thereby.

Same with the Church. They preach that only we are saved and everyone else is heathen, again dehumanizing people into being Hell bound or punishable by eternal fire or whatever. So why not kill them in droves? After all, they are going to hell anyway?

That brainwashing begins early and comes from the top.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'm with you ,I really am.... But that's still taking a big risk IMHO. What if some pleb ( commoner) is who ends up getting the credit for the rescue? Some one they can't buy? Seems to me they would want the status quo far more.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

But that's still taking a big risk IMHO.

Ultimately you are right. Eventually their own behavior cause the collapse of their paradigm. Look at Hitler. In the end he said, "If Germany can't defend herself then she deserves to die." (along with him).

Also "scorched earth tactics". "If I can't have it, no one can". Back to greed and power.

See the ruins around the world for how all "civilizations" wind up.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
well I dont really see to much adverstising on there part. But I will go with your premise. part of their philosophy and ideology and how they justify this is the fact that they believe we want to be controlled that were sheep and if we didnt want to be controled we would do something or say something. So part of this wierd law is telling you what there going to do to you, what ther eplans for control are, and "advertsing if you will.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Because if we stop believing in the Illuminati, then that means our problems may be actually solvable...and that is like, a lot of work. Gotta become activists in areas, learn stuff, hold politicians accountable, become parents, etc...

Naa, just blame it on either the devil, or the illuminati. That way, we can remain lazy and assume nothing matters.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The pay off to getting rid of people would be to get rid of the people who they feel are taking away resources to get rid of the "useless eaters" ( I think thats a direct qoute from a globalist). Further more when you say there would be to much of a "shakeup". This to is apart of their playbook order out of chaos, Problem reaction solution. you manufacture the problem because you already have the solution planned out 10 years prior

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Put yourself in the shoes of a charter member of the conspiracy and see how it looks.

Let us suppose that I was from one of the oldest and richest families in our society with many important connections, living sometime around WWI. I've got everything I could individually want, except for a guarantee that I will never lose it, and the ability to put my equally wealthy rivals in their place when they cross me- everything's great but starting tomorrow I might spend the rest of my life in a miserable struggle to defend it and never get anything else constructive done as a result.

I've seen my fellow tycoons cut eachothers throats for control of new industries, I'm watching the Ottoman Empire die, I'm watching the birth of communism and realizing that there could be a newer more dangerous heir to William Jennings Bryan over here soon, I've seen Asians beat Europeans in a war now they are offering to send an army to Europe to help right the balance of power.

If I'm that guy, I know something has to be done if I don't want to be the end of a dynasty. And I know that the way such matters have been handled in Europe for the last hundred plus years is a balance of power system- a series of shifting alliances specifically intended to keep all players in the game and prevent any one player from dominating. A central authority is not needed or desirable to my type, but there must be a framework of some kind to keep everyone in bounds.

I ask myself how I can make people not follow rational self interest all the way to world domination. I decide the rules must be sacred. Christianity will no longer serve however, because for a couple hundred years already the European elite have been rewriting those rules to suit themselves and now even the people feel free to do so- a cross of gold has already been the metaphor for my class abusing the poor. Occultism is all the rage though. My rivals' wives are holding seances and discussing the curse of the Hope Diamond, the curse of the Pharaoh is in the news, the fortune from the Winchester rifle is being used to build a home for the spirits of the men it shot... yes Occultism is exactly the type of undefined fear that will keep people in line. And furthermore the Satan story gets right to the heart of what I want to prevent- a war in heaven caused by the ambition of the second most powerful figure in the picture.

So now I've decided to build a community of power, with an occult mythology that teaches wise cooperation rather than ambitious struggling between the powerful. But how do I let people know what this new God wants them to do? I can't convert all of western civilization, and I can't be seen practicing a different religion than my subjects.

But we've dealt with this before. It's unusual in western history for the peasants to really understand what religion means for society- it's enough for them to know what is expected of them personally if they don't want to be punished. The masses have normally been held in dead languages, the deepest secrets have usually hidden in the symbolism of architecture and medieval style art (wherein one does not look and recognize as we do to the photograph and the printed word, but instead must study and interpret based on an agreed system of symbolism and references). Now people are less able than ever before to read this stuff for themselves, because it's deader than it's ever been, but the people I want to talk to are still being classically educated and being exposed to stuff like this.

So after I get my fellow plutocrats together at a lavish resort, open the doors of perception for them, tell them a few mystic-tinged parables, pick out a few promising high priests among the group, and schedule another meeting, we're on our way.

The end result is that if I want to put up a sign that says, "this is where we discuss terms for our conflicts- don't come if you aren't party to a dispute, don't bring your servants, weapons, or anything else, and never mention what happens here or we'll kill you" but I don't want the janitor to read that sign and mention it to a reporter, I can put up a statue at the entrance that references a relevant part of the new mythology.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Now the concept of a shadow organization is logically solid. It's the symbolism conspiracy I find foolish.

This is my take: Symbols more effectively communicate messages to the subconscious mind, than language ever could. So, to these people, the use of symbols has a far greater affect on our minds than anything else. So I think logically, it is more effective to use symbols as a means to convey a secret message and still be able to maintain the secrecy. We see it all the time: "Look Beyonce just flashed an Illuminati sign!" "No she didn't, it was just a triangle...sheesh!" ...And the squabbling continues.

Here is a great article from Psychology Today that supports this.

What is so poignant here is that words are unnecessary to communicate or convey a message. The symbol, the representational picture or image, conveys the complete thought, concept, or ideal without the use of words to describe it; the proverbial, “a picture is worth a thousand words.”

[...]

What is far more important is the idea that the subconscious utilizes symbolism and imagery to express itself and the devaluing of the image in favor of the word may have done more damage to the way we think as a collective humanity. This may explain the decline of holistic expression so identified with the right brain. It has been suggested that television, film, and the Internet may be reintroducing the images that account for a heightened awareness and expression of holism. We can only hope that’s true.

I think it makes more sense to focus on the fact that these people BELIEVE they have power through the use of symbolism rather to suggest they actually do, which is a huge mistake on the part of so many Illuminati conspiracy theorists. It is also likely the reason that so many people are turned off by any and all conspiracy theories involving the Illuminati. Perhaps if you saw it in another light, you would be more apt to take heed. Not to take heed that these people have any such power, but to take heed that there is a group of powerful and wealthy people who actually believe this stuff. To take heed that these same people who believe such drivel are running the world!

Think about it. We KNOW these people get together and put on ridiculous robes and masks. We KNOW they perform weird rituals during some of these gatherings. So I think it is perfectly logical to say that they also believe they have ability to tap into some kind of supernatural power, much like Christians do when they pray to God to heal sickness or solve their financials problems, in order to condition us all to go along with their twisted agenda.

To reiterate: I do NOT think the Illuminati actually has the power to do any of this. I do NOT think they have the power to control the minds of the masses through the use of symbolism (that is not to say I don't believe in mind control itself). I simply believe THEY believe they do and it is highly intriguing to me, which is why I have no problem joining in on speculative discussions regarding this subject.

ETA: Just as symbols more easily and effiicent convey complex messages, they are also much more easily taken for granted and overlooked. From my source above:

The point of this is to begin to “think” in a different way; to become aware of the world of images and symbols, their meaning to you and how their presence affects you. Common symbols (institutional logos, highway signs, religious images, and so on) abound in daily life. See how much you might be taking them for granted.

edit on 3-5-2014 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

BINGO! You hit it right on the nose! Like I said in my post, the use of symbols is much more powerful than words ESPECIALLY when it comes to the desire to convey a secret message.

I also believe these people get so wrapped up in their use of symbols that they feel the need to flash them whenever they can in order to give a "shout out" to those "in the know". Think about it? What better way for a Christian to let those around them know they are than to wear a cross around their neck, put a Jesus fish on their car, or cross themselves in public? Without the use of these symbols they would have to verbally tell everyone they come in contact with that they are Christian. Just throw on a cross necklace and BAM! everyone you come into contact with is immediately in the know about your religious belief without a word having to be said.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Nothing is so cleverly concealed as that which is hidden in plain sight...

A couple years back I researched this topic and stumbled upon a couple of very interesting quotes that I saved in a text file.

Not surprised at all to find that NEITHER one of these YouTube comments can be found online now...

@leonvoltaire "Good points. In 1898, 14 YEARS before the Titanic sunk, a fictional novel written by Morgan Robertson called "Futility- The Wreck of the Titan" was the exact script of what would happen 14 years later. Even the Ships NAMES were the same! Was this a coincidence? (Twilight Zone music here) NO. The Elite have a code that they obey, which they obey. They Must hide things in PLAIN Sight! This Justifies their murders of STUPID people, who can't perceive the Master Race plan. Sick? YES!!!"
WillSee11 7 months ago

www.youtube.com...

"...the Elite must always show you what their going to do. It's one of the few codes of conduct they have."
Raisethename 6 days ago

www.youtube.com...

" In the time-honoured Janus tradition observed by Satanists of making the truth known just once so that they may wear a two-faced mask" ~ Michael James Stone

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
An illusion it will be, so large, so vast it will escape their perception. Those who will see it will be thought of as insane.

“THE ILLUSION WILL BE SO LARGE, THAT IT WILL HIDDEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR FACES. THOSE THAT DO SEE THE TRUTH, WILL BE CONSIDERED INSANE.”

edit on MayuSat, 03 May 2014 15:28:18 -05003pm31Sat, 03 May 2014 15:28:18 -050020142803 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nunya13

The symbolism would only be helping there cause if they planned on revealing themselves and being celebrates.... Which they already are. If remaining secret was there goal then advertising would be the opposite way to market your self.

Still not seeing the benifit vs reward ratio.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There's a lot of misconceptions about the Illuminati going around. While I'm not an official member I read their books(The God Series by Mike Hockney) and Armageddon conspiracy website. Information that became available in the past couple of years.

I don't care much for the secret societies and things like that however this group that made these books do know the truth of reality. All I care about is knowledge and they have provided it whether they're good or evil. They are shown very altruistic in the books.

I know of all the conspiracy talk going around but if you offer truth to this degree they got my attention.

An interesting note this Illuminati:

Are looking to reach Myers-Briggs INTJ and INTP and hold them in very high regard.
Very much dislike the rich and abrahamic religions.
Have in depth knowledge of religion, psychology, science, philosophy and most important of all mathematics.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join