It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geomagnetic Activity Watch: Some Peoples' Lives May Depend On It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: soficrow
Interesting

Ok I had a stroke at age 49 . Can you correlate any activity with the date: February 21 2010, before 10 pm, right after the Olympic Team Canada vs Team USA Hockey game?

How can it prevent a stroke if you are susceptible. Your brain just goes dead. It's very quick.

Aside from that I have a solar app that gives alerts.

Sorry - my time is at a premium and you'll have to do the research yourself. But this might help:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starwise
Nice post!

My father has an ICD and pacemaker. Every time there is a major solar flare, his ICD goes off because his cardiac arrhythmia kicks in gear.

So, is that proof, or just coincidence??

It's anecdotal - not proof, but not coincidence either. Certainly makes it clear your father needs to monitor geomagnetic activity and take protective action.

From the OP:

...Protective actions include:

1. DON'T PUSH YOURSELF. Take it easy when you know there's geomagnetic activity coming.

2. AVOID STRESS - physical and psychological.

3. DRINK lots of WATER to avoid dehydration.

4. DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or do drugs. Or at least, minimize consumption.

REMEMBER - geomagnetic activity can last from hours to days, and the micro variations (ultra-low-frequency emissions) that come 24 hours before and after solar storms and earthquakes can have the worst effects. Pay attention.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Geophysical forces also effect us in various ways it seems. An understanding of faults in your area and uplifts is as essential as understanding geomagnetic interference from space. Here's an article that goes into it a bit more and for the record I do not agree with all the interpretations and conclusions that they subscribe to. It is clear though that Geophysical effects do play with our perceptions of reality.

Source: www.psychologytoday.com...

Recently, hordes of upscale spiritual seekers, drawn by claims that the former sacred mountains of the Incas foster mysticism, have been flocking to high places in the Chilean Andes. The obliging peaks even periodically blaze with weird glows and flashing lights, accompanied by popping, sizzling sound-effects. To the swelling community of New Agers, this mysterious son et lumiere is tangible proof that they're at a hot spot of spiritual magnetism. The phenomenon was first reported in a 1912 issue of Scientific American, more recently by Gemini astronauts, and scientists suspect that the visions are, in fact, generated by electromagnetism. They claim that anomalous energy fields are generated not only by the conductive sediment in mountains, but also by the large basins considered holy places by native Americans, including the Uinta in Utah, the Tucumcari in New Mexico, and the Black Hills in the Dakotas. "We're electrical beings living in a magnetic environment," says scientist Louis Slesin. "Because we're finely tuned to subtle energy fields, when they vary, as they would on top of a mountain, we change biologically and psychologically too:'

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

"We're electrical beings living in a magnetic environment," says scientist Louis Slesin. "Because we're finely tuned to subtle energy fields, when they vary, as they would on top of a mountain, we change biologically and psychologically too:'

Thanks so much for that link and quote stm. S&
.....All the medical research focuses on negative effects - nice to know about the more positive ones too.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thought I'd add a bit more from that link.

Sacred Places

More than two thousand years ago, Hippocrates' observation that our well-being is affected by our setting was established as a cornerstone of Western medicine. Throughout history, people of all cultures have assumed that environment influences behavior. Now modern science is confirming that our actions, thoughts, and feelings are indeed shaped not just by our genes and neurochemistry, history and relationships, but also by our surroundings.

Like those of other living things, our structure, development, and behavior arise from a genetic foundation sunk in an environmental context. Yet while we readily accept that a healthy seed can't grow without the right soil, light, and water, we resist recognizing the importance of environment in our own lives.

Makes sense to me.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Along with temperature, pressure, wind and UV reports - we need geomagnetic activity readings.

In my area, we get daily UV readings - the range goes from low to extreme (risk). The idea is that people can take precautions when the risks are high.

The same thing could be done for geomagnetic activity. Easily. On high risk days, at-risk-people could take extra care to avoid exertion, stress, alcohol and dehydration. For example.

But Dr. James Brorson, an "expert" at the University of Chicago department of neurology says the Earth’s magnetic field is everywhere (like the sun) and there’s really nothing anyone can do to avoid geomagnetic storms - so there's no point trying.

Hmmmm. Makes me wonder what Brorson said about UV rays and skin cancer. Maybe his considered expert opinion was something like this: "The idea that sunshine influences whether or not we get skin cancer almost seems like magical thinking. It’s certainly too early for people to change their behavior based on the sun. Besides, UV rays are not usually very predictable, and even if they were, there’s really nothing anyone can do to avoid them. The sun is everywhere. I don’t think that there’s practical significance."

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'd love to see the general public made aware of geomagnetic conditions on a daily basis. The older I get the more I feel the extreme geomagnetic storms effects on me. Out of sorts kinda feeling, revved up feeling. I've found one thing that tends to help. I go barefoot in my garden, put my hands on the earth and take some deep breaths. Its very calming and I don't feel so overloaded with energy for awhile. I don't know if the excess is going into the ground from my body or if some force in the ground is moving up dissolving the excess somehow? My location is pretty much fault free, not an active zone but nonetheless it helps in some way…..

Great topic as usual, Soficrow!

Thanks,

STM

edit on 5/7/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Nice one. Finally.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jazz10

???

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

lol. I thought you knew! ...He's a prodogmaphage, a strain endemic in old university corridors, prone to infecting the young and enthusiastic.

lol, you are very right about that.

He does that doesn't he? It's all coming back to me.

btw - Thanks. ; )

Yeah, there are some people who simply don't want to admit they are wrong, ever. No matter what evidence you present. In some cases these people even try to come up with their own "research" even though it goes against what dozens, and dozens of scientists have discovered, and what the evidence actually says.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I watch the daily spaceweather at suspicious0bservers.com

Ben Davidson does a great job .....

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Does this mean you are coming to appreciate the importance of complex systems analysis (v/s assumptions of single-cause-and-effect)? ; )

...Even with the geomagnetic activity -> health links -and the evidence is clear and strong- it's also clear that other factors work in tandem to pre-dispose some individuals to more extreme effects.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
WelI I certainly feel better after that 'pop'...hope Mexico and sensitives everywhere are ok.♥
I find it sad and often frustrating too that we must constantly go through this denial/revelation/acceptance process with science, but then I am reassured by it as well in some ways. If nothing else it helps to sort wheat from chaff.

Ro

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosha
I find it sad and often frustrating too that we must constantly go through this denial/revelation/acceptance process with science, but then I am reassured by it as well in some ways. If nothing else it helps to sort wheat from chaff.

Ro

The denials usually are politically and economically motivated, not scientific. The health effects of geomagnetic disturbances and radiation were studied and documented up the wazoo when the space program began over half a century ago. All the other evidence is just icing.

...So my weather report this morning tells me lots - wind speed, barometric pressure, says it's going up to 15C, the afternoon will be sunny and the UV report says "high moderate."

Shouldn't be that hard to provide similar readings for ULF geomagnetic activity, should it?

edit on 9/5/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Does this mean you are coming to appreciate the importance of complex systems analysis (v/s assumptions of single-cause-and-effect)? ; )

...Even with the geomagnetic activity -> health links -and the evidence is clear and strong- it's also clear that other factors work in tandem to pre-dispose some individuals to more extreme effects.

I always stated that there are multiple natural factors that affect the environment and humans as well, and yes some people are more predisposed than others to feel the effects of geomagnetic disturbances more than others.

Never have I stated that there is just one source.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Aww. Sorry. Just kidding around. Didn't mean to poke the bear.

Thanks for posting here. Good stuff.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

...So my weather report this morning tells me lots - wind speed, barometric pressure, says it's going up to 15C, the afternoon will be sunny and the UV report says "high moderate."

Shouldn't be that hard to provide similar readings for ULF geomagnetic activity, should it?

Well until it is simplified, take a days forecast from this southern pole oriented antenna

" squirrelly with +10/10 chance of mod- high EQ activity over next 24hrs expecting eastern seaboards will be upset most. Ongoing 'tugging' of the lower mag field for next two days as weather continues to move south for winter.Two inbound CME's one bang on trickling in, one side hit rushing past, means some heavy shearing going on and likely temporal lobe migraines for some - those affected and caught unaware need to duck *under* the waves and keep watch of radio black outs as precursor to active GM storm in future. On the intuitive level, poor menfolk world wide, do prepare for some significant upraises in feminine tempers with added mood swings and some kick ass purposeful venting. And will someone PLEASE tell them to stop fraking in Oklahoma! It feels like a woodpecker up there!"

Was about to write "just teasing" but then..I'm not too..lol. hmmm the times we live in.

Still..yes, I agree, it would be good to have GME part of an accepted daily announcement. Maybe we can start 'weather' thread here somewhere until it is?

Ro
edit on 9-5-2014 by Rosha because: sudden onset typonese

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosha

lol. ...Just spent a couple of hours raking grass/leaves, then several hours resting with feet up - but heart rate still over 110. My normal resting pulse rate is 70ish - except sometimes. Thought I'd see about geomagnetic activity, got the following. Quiet to active? ...If I had access to relevant reports for my location, I could structure my activity levels accordingly instead of stressing my heart and godknowswhatelse.

The geomagnetic field is expected to be at quiet to active levels on day one (10 May) and quiet to unsettled levels on days two and three (11 May, 12 May).

[Grumpy.]

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Aww. Sorry. Just kidding around. Didn't mean to poke the bear.

Thanks for posting here. Good stuff.

lol, the bear is asleep. Was just asserting my point of view that I agree with you in that there are multiple natural factors that affect geomagnetic activity as well as other natural events on Earth.

edit on 11-5-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: correct sentence.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosha

Well until it is simplified, take a days forecast from this southern pole oriented antenna
Ro

The problem is that not everything that occurs in nature, and the universe can be quantified and predicted. The forces that control geomagnetic events, alongside other natural events, can be quite unpredictable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join