It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geomagnetic Activity Watch: Some Peoples' Lives May Depend On It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

RE: "I want information."

Make that accessible information - easy to access, easy to understand.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

RE: "I want information."

Make that accessible information - easy to access, easy to understand.

Since about 2000 Ive been consciously exploring effect of geomagnetism as I am a Geo-sensitive and experience a wide array of unpleasant experiences prior to EQ's and volcano events.I become quite unwell during intense activity. 2003/4 I experienced something akin to a stroke during an X flare event that was so intense it turned our grass yellow in hours. It also began a series of intense often terrifying spiritual and psychological experiences I recorded as best I could at the time.

As a result of that experience, ( a lot of it written in my Personal page here on ATS) I am currently writing a paper/book I call the "The Cross of the Sun" - my hypothesis being that intense solar events affect on the human brain spurn enlightenment/dark ages style evolution/devolution here on earth directly. So far I've been able to link intense activity that leads on to a quieter sun cycle, to the rise of Religious extremism fairly well and I plan to do a small dissertation on the link to Ra cults world over. Still scouting statistics atm.

I thought it might be useful to post this link: Suspicious Observers You Tube page
I found these guys a while back as they were just getting started - its a 3 minute daily news type scenario where they give easy to follow reports on solar and solar/earth affect events and I've found it useful as a quick go-to each morning before I head out.

It's worth noting there is a solar emissions uptick in progress right now after the last week of relative quiet, which I figured out was the case yesterday anyway due to some really intense mood swings and headaches, though over all, the sun is quieter right now than it has been since the early 2000's....we've not seen anything like that level of intense flare activity since then, so far. ( thank frak!)

ty for this thread, if nothing it will help provide a tool to combat stigma within and without, correlative info when speaking with Dr's and ppl who just dont get that ' we are all connected' whether we like it or not. Will keep it on my watch list.

taa

Rosha

edit on 3-5-2014 by Rosha because: gremlins

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosha

Wow, this thread must be an amazing confirmation of your experiences. Or confirmation of a beginning of awareness on the subject. I'm having trouble voicing my thoughts. I find this a very fascinating subject, to say the least!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This is a great thread!
I think everything is connected and like a chain of events it's inevitable that it will affect us.

One of the best (imo) to learn from on the subject is a guy on Youtube Barcaroller
Check out his work!

S & F
*It's late and I didn't get to finish reading all your post, but I look forward to it tomorrow!
edit on 4-5-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

Wow, this thread must be an amazing confirmation of your experiences. Or confirmation of a beginning of awareness on the subject. I'm having trouble voicing my thoughts. I find this a very fascinating subject, to say the least!

In a way yes, I've seen many of the articles before and know of a lot of other more psyche and spirituality based-but-related research projects going on on the same issues, but seeing it become more widely dispersed into social media consciousness in such a positive and scientifically authenticated way is hopeful yes.

I have known what I have known intuitively since the onset, as much as I tried to deny my own record, headache here has always meant EQ or activity there and the psychosocial/spiritual affect of it was pretty clear to me. So I didn't need personal vindication of any correlation, just some way to quell my own panic long enough to rationally look at what I was experiencing and then, to explain what I knew to my atheist geek housemate and in a language he could understand. Hm..yeah I guess, to try and prove to myself that I wasn't just a nutter with a niche too
This science has helped that informing process at least *weg.

Intersecting this, is that this research is lending itself to validating a concept I struggled with when trying to untangle the New Testament and early THOTH/ Ra cults recently. That religious texts, ancient and modern, do have a scientific purpose. My opinion being that secreted scientific observations have been carried through times of intellectual darkness via history's sub text- religious ritual dogma and symbolism.

As I see it today, the latest symbolic description of this mass geo-magnetic affect on earth was observed consciously, and is to be found buried in the New Testament symbolically- it was also a time of wild solar flares, ppl seeing ufos, massive EQ's and war/social and climatological shifts- and so to me much of what we are going through today socially makes more sense to me, at least, it makes of interesting speculations about what may be going on that 'we do not know'.

My papers aim wasn't and isn't to seek to 'gel' religion and science but it has begun to pull apart both in so subtle a way that it has certainly given me more insight into the possibility and potentiality of both fields when both in service to each other...I just wish more ppl would let go bigotry and bias on both sides so we can look at stuff like this freely and openly without insult.

Ro.
edit on 4-5-2014 by Rosha because: sudden onset typonese

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosha

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

....seeing it become more widely dispersed into social media consciousness in such a positive and scientifically authenticated way is hopeful...
......Hm..yeah I guess, to try and prove to myself that I wasn't just a nutter with a niche too
This science has helped that informing process at least

I so relate to much of what you say - but don't write about it here. For two reasons: 1. I took a lot of flack when I first started posting here for not referencing and 'substantiating' my claims; and 2. I realized that a lot of scientists would lose their jobs, homes, etc. if they voiced the obvious and went against dogma and established agendas (relatively speaking, I had nothing to lose).

...So I accepted the role of providing the evidence needed to shift paradigms. It's been a hard road but I'm happy to see many 'claims' I made 10 years ago are finally making it into mainstream consciousness - even though I was ridiculed back then - and many are benefitting from my efforts. Not to over-state my contributions.

....That religious texts, ancient and modern, do have a scientific purpose. My opinion being that secreted scientific observations have been carried through times of intellectual darkness via history's sub text- religious ritual dogma and symbolism.

I see that too. Interesting, isn't it?

edit on 4/5/14 by soficrow because: delete wink

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I suspect that as time goes on people are going to be more enlightened. It's just a general trend that I've spotted since I've been young. There has been more awareness of issues that were previously to some extent taboo.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So this news is hitting the mainstream. My favorite quote is from Dr. James Brorson, an expert in the evaluation and treatment of stroke in the University of Chicago department of neurology. Despite the fact that geomagnetic activity increases the risk of stroke by almost 20%, he says, "“Any patient of mine, I would counsel them to by no means worry about this.”

And despite the fact that evidence of health risks associated with geomagnetic activity have been accumulating since the early days of the space program (at least), Brorson also says, “It remains to be seen whether this holds up.”

Wotta guy.

And he's an expert on strokes? If I was his patient I'd find a new doctor. Fast.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
In a rush just dropping these off:

SPACEWEATHER:

Spaceweather: spaceweather.com...
SOHO Solar Wind: umtof.umd.edu...
Planetary Orbital Diagram - Ceres1 JPL: ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
SDO: sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
Helioviewer: www.helioviewer.org...
SOHO: sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...
Stereo: stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
SOLARIMG: solarimg.org...
iSWA: iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov...
NASA ENLIL SPIRAL: iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...
NOAA ENLIL SPIRAL: www.swpc.noaa.gov...
GOES Xray: www.swpc.noaa.gov...
Gamma Ray Bursts: grb.sonoma.edu...
BARTOL Cosmic Rays: neutronm.bartol.udel.edu...
ISWA: iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...
NOAA Sunspot Classifications: www.swpc.noaa.gov...
GONG: gong2.nso.edu...
GONG Magnetic Maps: gong.nso.edu...

bbiab

Ro

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Great information and like Rosha and many others here I can totally relate to this.
There's a thread here that many of us post in quite regularly called " An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction"
link here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
If you go there you will see a lot of the same symptoms as listed in these studies.

I'm convinced that most of us who check in there are experiencing these same effects of ULF and geomagnetic responses.
It's nice to see science is catching up with what we have all been going thru.
One thing I would like to add is I work from home and almost never wear shoes. My feet are in contact directly with the ground more often than they are ever in shoes; could this intensify these symptoms? My bet would be yes.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cherryontop

....almost never wear shoes. My feet are in contact directly with the ground more often than they are ever in shoes; could this intensify these symptoms? My bet would be yes.

You call it symptoms - I call it connections. Sometimes there are disturbances in the Force, other times the connections are invigorating, energizing and renewing. Gotta take the bad with the good.

...the trick (goal) is awareness.

edit on 4/5/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow
YES! I have referred to it as that, a disturbance in the force, verbatim.
It took me a while to make the connection, then a little longer for my friends and family to realize I wasn't nuts!
They listen to me now.
Your information is definitely going to make more aware.

Edit to add, I went back and found a post from a couple years ago...it even has the classic 24-48 hr timeline.

originally posted by: Cherryontop
reply to post by westcoast

I know this sounds hinkey, but Obi wan Kenobi explained it best...." I sense a disturbance in the force."
For the record, it has not gone away. I'm usually between 24-48 hours ahead of whatever it is that's coming.
Still hoping it's just too much coffee or something I ate

edit on 4-5-2014 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I am very sensitive to geomagnetic activity and can usually tell you when something is about to happen or is happening at that very moment. And my sensitivity to emf fields in general is so fine that for instance, I can tell you a week in advance that a big storm is coming. I should add that my abilities are limited to local activity and can't tell you what is happening like say in another city or state.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17878208]soficrow
NOTE: A phage is a virus.

1979: On the mechanism of magnetic field effects in bacterial photosynthesis.

1982: Recombination dynamics in bacterial photosynthetic reaction centers.

Ahhh, so that' what Phage is.

No wonder every time I brought up this topic over the years in the forums he would claim that this was not possible and geomagnetic changes, such as on the sun, or from outside sources of our Solar System and not only from Earth, could not possibly cause any sort of changes either physically, or emotionally.

Note: mental picture of Phage.

en.wikipedia.org...
hageExterior.svg

BTW, good work on all the compilation of data.

edit on 5-5-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
BTW, I would also add some of the research I have posted on the past on this topic.

Title:
Climate determinism or Geomagnetic determinism?
Authors:
Gallet, Y.; Genevey, A.; Le Goff, M.; Fluteau, F.; Courtillot, V.
Affiliation:
AA(Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, 75005 France ; [email protected]), AB(Centre de Recherche et de Restauration des Musees de France, Palais du Louvre, Porte des Lions 14 quai Francois Mitterrand, Paris, 75001 France ; [email protected]), AC(Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, 75005 France ; [email protected]), AD(Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, 75005 France ; [email protected]), AE(Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, 75005 France ; [email protected])
Publication:
American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2006, abstract #GP51A-0940
Publication Date:
12/2006
Origin:
AGU
AGU Keywords:
1503 Archeomagnetism, 1521 Paleointensity, 1605 Abrupt/rapid climate change (4901, 8408), 1616 Climate variability (1635, 3305, 3309, 4215, 4513)
Abstract Copyright:
(c) 2006: American Geophysical Union
Bibliographic Code:
2006AGUFMGP51A0940G

Abstract

A number of episodes of sharp geomagnetic field variations (in both intensity and direction), lasting on the order of a century, have been identified in archeomagnetic records from Western Eurasia and have been called "archeomagnetic jerks". These seem to correlate well with multi-decadal cooling episodes detected in the North Atlantic Ocean and Western Europe, suggesting a causal link between both phenomena. A possible mechanism could be a geomagnetic modulation of the cosmic ray flux that would control the nucleation rate of clouds. We wish to underline the remarkable coincidence between archeomagnetic jerks, cooling events in Western Europe and drought periods in tropical and sub-tropical regions of the northern hemisphere. The latter two can be interpreted in terms of global teleconnections among regional climates. It has been suggested that these climatic variations had caused major changes in the history of ancient civilizations, such as in Mesopotamia, which were critically dependent on water supply and particularly vulnerable to lower rainfall amounts. This is one of the foundations of "climate determinism". Our studies, which suggest a geomagnetic origin for at least some of the inferred climatic events, lead us to propose the idea of a geomagnetic determinism in the history of humanity.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Possible impact of the Earths magnetic field on the history
of ancient civilizations

Yves Gallet a,⁎, Agnès Genevey b, Maxime Le Goff a, Frédéric Fluteau a,c,
Safar Ali Eshraghi d

a Equipe de Paléomagnétisme, Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris cedex 05, France

b Centre de Recherche et de Restauration des Musées de France, UMR CNRS 171, Palais du Louvre, Porte des Lions,
14 quai François Mitterrand, 75001 Paris, France

c UFR des Sciences Physiques de la Terre, Université Denis Diderot Paris 7, 2 Place Jussieu, 75251 Paris cedex 05, France

d Geological Survey of Iran, Azadi sq., Meraj blvd., PO Box 13185-1494 Tehran, Iran
Received 30 November 2005; received in revised form 3 April 2006; accepted 3 April 2006
Available online 19 May 2006
Editor: R.D. van der Hilst

Abstract
We report new archeointensity results from Iranian and Syrian archeological excavations dated from the second millennium BC.
These high-temperature magnetization data were obtained using a laboratory-built triaxial vibrating sample magnetometer.

Together with our previously published archeointensity results from Mesopotamia, we constructed a rather detailed geomagnetic field intensity variation curve for this region from 3000 BC to 0 BC. Four potential geomagnetic events (“archeomagnetic jerks”), marked by strong intensity increases, are observed and appear to be synchronous with cooling episodes in the North Atlantic.

This temporal coincidence strengthens the recent suggestion that the geomagnetic field influences climate change over multi-decadal time scales, possibly through the modulation of cosmic ray flux interacting with the atmosphere. Moreover, the cooling periods in the North Atlantic coincide with episodes of enhanced aridity in the Middle East, when abrupt societal changes occurred in the eastern Mediterranean and Mesopotamia.

Although the coincidences discussed in this paper must be considered with caution, they lead to the possibility that the geomagnetic field impacted the history of ancient civilizations through climatically driven environmental changes, triggering economic, social and political instability.
© 2006 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.

www.ipgp.fr...

The Mayans: Climate Determinism or Geomagnetic Determinism?

Yves Gallet

Equipe de Paléomagnétisme, Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, France

Agnès Genevey

Centre de Recherche et de Restauration des Musées de France, Palais du Louvre, France

Abstract

Climatic variations since the end of the last ice age have been large enough to influence the fate of ancient civilizations, and deciphering the exact role of climate in the history of old societies is an active and challenging domain of research. This potential influence, which serves as the foundation of ‘climate determinism,’ can be viewed as the response of natural-resource-dependent, agriculture-based communities to climatically driven environmental changes. In some cases, these could have provoked major damage in economic and social organization of the societies, thus paving the way for political disintegration.

Published 13 March 2007.

Index Terms: 1503 Geomagnetism and Paleomagnetism: Archeomagnetism; 1616 Global Change: Climate variability (1635, 3305, 3309, 4215, 4513).

www.agu.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Interesting

Ok I had a stroke at age 49 . Can you correlate any activity with the date: February 21 2010, before 10 pm, right after the Olympic Team Canada vs Team USA Hockey game?

How can it prevent a stroke if you are susceptible. Your brain just goes dead. It's very quick.
edit on 5-5-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

Aside from that I have a solar app that gives alerts.
edit on 5-5-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Nice post!

My father has an ICD and pacemaker. Every time there is a major solar flare, his ICD goes off because his cardiac arrhythmia kicks in gear.

So, is that proof, or just coincidence??

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexteramLucifer

I am very sensitive to geomagnetic activity and can usually tell you when something is about to happen or is happening at that very moment. And my sensitivity to emf fields in general is so fine that for instance, I can tell you a week in advance that a big storm is coming. I should add that my abilities are limited to local activity and can't tell you what is happening like say in another city or state.

People from earth-based cultures who live "close to the land" commonly have such abilities. I grew up on a farm in the country where most everybody was like that and took such awareness for granted. ....It's just one of the many 'abilities' we have lost by turning our backs on our 'source.'

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: [post=17878208]soficrow
NOTE: A phage is a virus.

1979: On the mechanism of magnetic field effects in bacterial photosynthesis.

1982: Recombination dynamics in bacterial photosynthetic reaction centers.

Ahhh, so that' what Phage is.

lol. I thought you knew! ...He's a prodogmaphage, a strain endemic in old university corridors, prone to infecting the young and enthusiastic.

No wonder every time I brought up this topic over the years in the forums he would claim that this was not possible and geomagnetic changes, such as on the sun, or from outside sources of our Solar System and not only from Earth, could not possibly cause any sort of changes either physically, or emotionally.

BTW, good work on all the compilation of data.

He does that doesn't he? It's all coming back to me.

btw - Thanks. ; )

edit on 5/5/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Thank you! S&
.....Missed those. Great stuff.

...You know of course that I do NOT subscribe to single-cause-and-effect analyses? I'm all about the non-linear complex systems approach - which incidentally does not preclude considering the effects of human activities.

; )

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join