It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geomagnetic Activity Watch: Some Peoples' Lives May Depend On It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I hope ATS Members will help monitor geomagnetic activity - and especially, post the early warnings. The very young, elderly, people with chronic illness, and those predisposed to heart problems and stroke can benefit.
Solar Activity Watch 2014
Quake Watch 2014

It's been known for some time that geomagnetic activity can influence biological processes, including the incidence of various human diseases. Much evidence shows geomagnetic activity can trigger heart attacks and heart failure - especially the micro variations that begin 24 hours before a geomagnetic storm hits the earth. Now, new research shows that geomagnetic activity can cause strokes too, and "The connection between strokes and geomagnetic storms was stronger for people under age 65." Effects on the human body include impacts on blood pressure, heart rhythm and blood clotting (at the least).

2014 is a solar maximum year. Geomagnetic activity on earth occurs with solar storms and is also associated with earthquake activity - again, the culprit is the ultra-low-frequency emissions preceding and following earthquakes.

There is really nothing doctors and modern medicine can do to help protect patients at this point - so they've been ignoring or dismissing known effects to "prevent panic."

But people can help themselves. Protective actions include:

1. DON'T PUSH YOURSELF. Take it easy when you know there's geomagnetic activity coming.

2. AVOID STRESS - physical and psychological.

3. DRINK lots of WATER to avoid dehydration.

4. DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or do drugs. Or at least, minimize consumption.

REMEMBER - geomagnetic activity can last from hours to days, and the micro variations (ultra-low-frequency emissions) that come 24 hours before and after solar storms and earthquakes can have the worst effects. Pay attention.

ATS THREADS

Solar Activity Watch 2014
Quake Watch 2014

2011: Geomagnetic Disturbances Cause Heart Attacks and Strokes

2011: Weird Health Problems Related to Geomagnetic Storms, Earthquakes? Watch Thread.

Research shows that geomagnetic disturbances can cause heart attacks and strokes. The problematic disturbances are the low and very low level frequencies that happen before and after a solar storm and around earthquakes. High risk groups are older, very young, or chronically ill.

HELPFUL LINKS

X-flare alerts are available from:
spaceweathertext.com... (text),
and spaceweatherphone.com... (voice).

Solar Activity, Solar Cycle Predictions, and Sunspots

NASA: Solar Cycle Prediction (Updated 2014/05/02)

HEART and STROKE REFERENCES

1997: Meta-analyzed heart rate variability, exposure to geomagnetic storms, and the risk of ischemic heart disease.

….exposure to geomagnetic disturbances increases cardiovascular disease risk.

2002: Graded response of heart rate variability, associated with an alteration of geomagnetic activity

It is becoming recognized that geomagnetic activity may influence biological processes, including the incidence of various human diseases. There is evidence that heart rate variability (HRV) may serve not only as an index of autonomic coordination of the circulation, but also as a powerful predictor of risk in apparently healthy subjects. ….This graded response of HRV to geomagnetic activity should encourage us to search for human magnetoreceptors and for a better understanding of putative mechanisms of magnetoreception.

Cardiac Arrhythmia and Geomagnetic Activity

….The presented data, a part of science named Clinical Cosmobiology, has shown that temporal links exist between cardiac arrhythmia, including life threatening events, SCD and level of cosmophysical activity. Atrial fibrillation,ventricular tachycardia/fibrillation and SCD are occurring in inverse relationship to the level of GMA. It is possible that the level of GMA is a factor preventing SCD, especially in patients with damaged heart muscle. The role of factors becoming more active in low GMA, like neutron activity, are an object of further studies.

2006: Magnetic Storms Affect Humans As Well As Telecommunications

It has long been established that magnetic storms not only affect the performance of equipment, upset radio communications, blackout radars, and disrupt radio navigation systems but also endanger living organisms. They change the blood flow, especially in capillaries, affect blood pressure, and boost adrenalin.

….The heart and cardio-vascular system have always been considered the main biological targets of geomagnetic activity. However, the damage inflicted by magnetic storms on human health has been found to be different. Experts from the Institute of Space Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), Institute of Physics of the Earth (RAS), and the Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy have established that the biggest danger emanates from the micro variations of the geomagnetic field, which coincide with the heartbeat. They occur in about half of all magnetic storms, and are most typical for a prelude to a storm with insignificant changes in the geomagnetic field (mostly affecting high altitudes), and for the recovery phase, when the geomagnetic field is coming back to normal.

Medical statistics for Moscow show that 70% of all micro variations, caused by geomagnetic disturbances, are accompanied by an abnormally high incidence of heart attacks (a growth of about 13%), and blood-strokes (7.5% growth). The low and extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields destabilize the heartbeat, leading to a sudden death or infarction. Medical experts have finally explained why heart attacks take a heavy toll before a magnetic storm - because micro variations begin 24 hours before the storm.

"We think that simply forecasting storms is counterproductive because people merely get scared as a result," said Dr. Breus. "But steady micro variations are different. We should concentrate on this in forecasting geomagnetic disturbances."

......cont'd

edit on 3/5/14 by soficrow because: move link

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

2006: Solar and geomagnetic activity, extremely low frequency magnetic and electric fields and human health at the Earth’s surface

….Three conclusions are that geomagnetic effects are more pronounced at higher magnetic latitudes, that extremely high as well as extremely low values of geomagnetic activity seem to have adverse health effects and that a subset of the population (10–15%) is predisposed to adverse health due to geomagnetic variations. The reported health effects of anthropogenic sources of electric and magnetic fields are also briefly discussed, as research performed in this area could help to explain the results from studies into natural electric and magnetic field interactions with the human body. …

Geomagnetic Storms Can Trigger Stroke

Geomagnetic storms are associated with increased risk of stroke and should be considered along with other established risk factors.

ALSO SEE

Detection of ultra-low-frequency emissions connected with the Spitak earthquake and its aftershock activity, based on geomagnetic pulsations data at Dusheti and Vardzia observatories

2013: The influence of meteorological and geomagnetic factors on acute myocardial infarction and brain stroke in Moscow, Russia.

….The objective of this study was to assess impacts of air temperature, barometric pressure and geomagnetic activity on hospitalizations with myocardial infarctions and brain strokes. We studied 2,833 myocardial infarctions and 1,096 brain strokes registered in two Moscow hospitals between 1992 and 2005. ….The number of myocardial infarctions decreased with temperature, displayed a U-shaped relationship with pressure and variations in pressure, and increased with geomagnetic activity. The number of strokes increased with temperature, daily temperature range and geomagnetic activity. Detrimental effects on strokes of low pressure and falling pressure were observed. Relative risks of infarctions and strokes during geomagnetic storms were 1.29 (95 % CI 1.19-1.40) and 1.25 (1.10-1.42), respectively. The number of strokes doubled during cold spells. The influence of barometric pressure on hospitalizations was relatively greater than the influence of geomagnetic activity, and the influence of temperature was greater than the influence of pressure. Brain strokes were more sensitive to inclement weather than myocardial infarctions. …

OTHER

The Sun, Earth and People. It's All Connected Interesting.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
WOW! What a lot of great information you have brought to the table!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Very good article you wrote, I have done quite a bit of research on this subject over the last two years. I concluded that the changes in the geomagnetics in an area can effect people greatly. This includes the power grid disappearing in the cities and even in rural areas. Until people's minds acclimate, which can take many days, chaos can break out. This is well known by the government, they have adjusted the perception of the enforcement agencies to compensate. Some of the chaos that erupts during changes in geomagnetics would not happen if the event or power outage happened. A good man can get nuts for a short time and do things that they would never think about doing.

When I was running a generator at the house a few years ago because of a three day power outage to keep the freezers cold, the wife got a headache when the generator stopped so I could add some gas. As soon as the generator was started again her headache disappeared. While she had the headache, she got kind of bitchy. When the power goes out she gets antsy too, both of us usually have to leave a crap right away also....we have a well, so that is an inconvenience if you don't have flush water. So there are both psychological and physical changes to the body when the frequency of the environment changes.

During a geomagnetic storm, there is an increase in the current at ground level, the amp changes are low but the voltage changes can be high. If you increase elevation quickly even twenty feet from the ground, the voltage is much higher at the raised elevation.
edit on 3-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Another great thread by the look of it, Soficrow! I've only had a moment here to skim over your material, but I will be back to this when I get back from work today.

Always something new to be alert to, eh? Thanks for keeping watch to catch some of it.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

S&F
Thanks for making this great thread. It could save lives.

This is the first time I hear about this. I'm glad I read your thread.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Sofi,

Thanks for this info, I will be passing it on too.

Here is some info for the coming days of early May,
the forecast looks quiet for now, thankfully!

Geophysical Activity Summary 01/2100Z to 02/2100Z: The geomagnetic field has been at quiet levels for the past 24 hours. Solar wind speed, as measured by the ACE spacecraft, reached a peak speed of 391 km/s at 01/2304Z. IIB. Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be at quiet levels on day one (03 May) and quiet to unsettled levels on days two and three (04 May, 05 May)

www.newsroomamerica.com...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Can solar activity also effect micro organisms/viruses/diseases I wonder?
Is there a connection to the recent outbreak or MERS in Saudi?

I don't know enough to make a judgement,just wondering.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

I don't know enough to make a judgement,just wondering.

From an article I read a few years ago it can effect all forms of life. The article addressed the grasshoppers. The research did not conclude that this activity caused locust activity though, other earth generated frequencies seemed to have more relationship to the grasshoppers heightened activities..

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
It makes sense-If its a large magnetic force,its going to affect all those smaller magnetic fields-In other words,anything which contains electrons...which is just about everything.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Yes, geomagnetic activity can affect microbes and viruses. Also, electromagnetism often plays a huge role in bio-engineering. In terms of pandemics, there's likely an interplay between viral mutation and human epigenetic reaction to fluctuations. Here's a start:

Mechanisms of Geomagnetic Field Influence on Gene Expression Using Influenza as a Model System: Basics of Physical Epidemiology

Recent studies demonstrate distinct changes in gene expression in cells exposed to a weak magnetic field (MF). Mechanisms of this phenomenon are not understood yet. We propose that proteins of the Cryptochrome family (CRY) are “epigenetic sensors” of the MF fluctuations, i.e., magnetic field-sensitive part of the epigenetic controlling mechanism. ….

…..In this paper, we support an idea of a definite role of electromagnetic and Geomagnetic fields in biological regulation, including regulation of gene expression patterns in any living being that can directly influence flu epidemic process and any other biological phenomena. Existence of “electromagnetic bio-regulation” would easily explain solar influences on the Biosphere. ….

Effect of experimental magnetic storm on the production of lambda phage.

1. Sharp fluctuation of the intensity of the vertical component of the MF amounting to +/- 0.1 Oe changing the sign over each 3 min causes variability of both lysogenic and indicator strains of E. coli. This testifies to an extremely low threshold of their magnetic susceptibility and to biological importance of fluctuations of natural parameters of the geomagnetic field as an ecological factor of the environment. 2. A change in the intensity of the vertical component of the MF, not any higher than +/-0.1 Oe, inhibits phage production in the lysogenic system of E. coli K = 12 lambda and is also reflected in the morphological peculiarities of negative phage colonies as well as in the phage-susceptibility of the E. coli indicator strain.
NOTE: A phage is a virus.

1979: On the mechanism of magnetic field effects in bacterial photosynthesis.

1982: Recombination dynamics in bacterial photosynthetic reaction centers.

PS. Thanks all for your comments and input.

edit on 3/5/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/5/14 by soficrow because: moved quote

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Not for the first time soficrow you expanded my simple wonderings into scientific reality.
I shall read those links on my next day off,hopefully tomorrow or monday.
Thank you for the extra knowledge,once again.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Thank you. ...I'm quite pumped about all the breakthroughs in Epigenetic science, and this area looks to be opening up to epigenetic analysis along with the rest of it.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Do you have a link to a page that monitors geomagnetic activity? Call me dumb, but I'm not sure how I would google that.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

Do you have a link to a page that monitors geomagnetic activity? Call me dumb, but I'm not sure how I would google that.

I get email alerts for "geomagnetic activity" but call me dumb, I don't know how to interpret half of them. Here are the links I posted in the OP - hope they might help.

HELPFUL LINKS

X-flare alerts are available from:
spaceweathertext.com... (text),
and spaceweatherphone.com... (voice).

Solar Activity, Solar Cycle Predictions, and Sunspots

NASA: Solar Cycle Prediction (Updated 2014/05/02)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Thanks. You'd think that with all of our technological advancement, that we'd have a website about that. Unless we're both dumb and we can't find it.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I'm hoping the Weather Network might pick up on this issue and do a "Geomagnetic Activity Report" along with their "UV Report" - or maybe in the list with barometric pressure.

HULLO? Weather People? We need this. We really do.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It's something that should concern us. Especially if what you're saying is true.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

It's something that should concern us. Especially if what you're saying is true.

Oh, it's true and has been known for some time although the various epigenetic mechanisms in play are not all known or well understood. Thing is, authorities don't want to admit problems or talk about them until they have pat solutions (PPV treatments). However, information is power and there is a LOT an individual can do to protect themselves in this case as in many others.

Fact is, I am sick and tired of the condescending, patronizing patriarchy trying to control my life. For starters, they do a lousy job. I want information.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I'll try to bookmark this thread when I get on my laptop. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join