It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Unveils Cabin Design for Commercial Spaceliner (Images)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Boeing has seen the future of private human spaceflight, and it is blue. Sky blue, that is.

The aerospace giant on Wednesday (April 30) unveiled its new concept for the cabin of a future commercial spaceliner — a vision based in part on the blue-lit Boeing "Sky" interior of the company's modern airliners, as well as work on the company's CST-100 space capsule to ferry NASA astronauts on roundtrips to the International Space Station.

Well! I am really impressed . I have heard of this project by Boeing and the amazing thing they say it will be operational by 2017.
Check out the photo's.

news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

spaceliner might be a misleading term.

its a commercial space capsule, really its an updated version of the Apollo Command Module; I think its about the same size/has a similar diameter.

Keep in mind this was developed by boeing for NASA and another company Bigelow (that real-estate tycoon in nevada who wants to build a private space station).

I could go on but Its basically going to be for either government astronauts (not necessarily american), or eccentric million/billionares .

The sad part is it could be developed sooner, but congress would rather NASA's money goes to the whole "Orion/Space Launch System"-program, supposedly because of sunk-costs...

The Commercial Crew Development program (Spacex, Boeing, and SNC), along with the commerical cargo program (the thing that gave us spacex's dragon and orbital's cygnus); have been fairly successful, and (in my opinion) prove how the government can serve to create new markets, while private ventures can serve to meet the demands of those markets.
edit on 3-5-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: added some stuff

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

spaceliner might be a misleading term.

its a commercial space capsule, really its an updated version of the Apollo Command Module; I think its about the same size/has a similar diameter.

Keep in mind this was developed by boeing for NASA and another company Bigelow (that real-estate tycoon in nevada who wants to build a private space station).

I could go on but Its basically going to be for either government astronauts (not necessarily american), or eccentric million/billionares .

The sad part is it could be developed sooner, but congress would rather NASA's money goes to the whole "Orion/Space Launch System"-program, supposedly because of sunk-costs...

The Commercial Crew Development program (Spacex, Boeing, and SNC), along with the commerical cargo program (the thing that gave us spacex's dragon and orbital's cygnus); have been fairly successful, and (in my opinion) prove how the government can serve to create new markets, while private ventures can serve to meet the demands of those markets.

I agree with as far as the term Spaceliner... but a cool craft.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
In 2008 me and my business partner started refinancing Robert Bigelow's entire Budget Suite Hotels in the state of Texas to cash out $20 million dollars in order to buy 20 rockets from the Russian government in order to bundle them together to launch his expandable pods to build the first space hotels. Unfortunately the market Crashed and Bank of America messed my deal up and I lost so money in commission. God the Universe owes me around 17 Million because of the Crash.

Anyways, I like the design looks like they stole it right out of Hollywood.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Color me curious!
I actually love the design, very eye-catching.

Here they are:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I don't know...., maybe who took the photos didn't get the right angle. It took me a bit to figure out where to put the head and the feet, but I got it. Anyway I'd wait until somone else sits first to see if I got it right.

Nobody can tell you if the design is good unless you try it. I don't see where to lean the arms but maybe at zero gravity it won't matter.

Also they should put a dummy on one seat, to see how's the seatbelt for example. What about the little table like those in the planes...haha.

Show me the bathroom too, for God's sake.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I like it

They like it to:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
www.gizmag.com...

okay; this is probably a better view of it...

new topics

top topics

join