It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid contains the diameter of the Earth and Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Thanks Harte! I just learned something. Appreciate the response. Interesting this 22/7 ratio. Any idea why they used it? Was it arbitrary.

Yes, it was arbitrary, sort of. That is, it's obvious that just any random slope won't work. A pyramid will collapse for large slopes, and for small slopes it loses its granduer (and takes up quite a large area at the base.)

But within a certain range, it was arbitrary. For example, next door at Khafre's pyramid - when dimensions are manipulated in the same way - comes to exactly 21/7, or 3. This value is 3.0 with three or four zeros after the decimal before digits begin to creep in. That is a testament to the accuracy for Kahfre's pyramid as well.

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Was it the maximum angle of repose they could build the pyramids without structural compromises? Also, since this ratio is pretty close to Pi. Wouldn't the pyramid come pretty close to describing the circumference of the earth as a coincidence.

Any circle is similar (using the geometrical term correctly) to the Earth's circumference. Pi appears in every circle. Not exactly Earth-shattering, IOW.

It's been quite some time since I looked into this, but if I remember correctly, a few examples of pyramids exist with a greater slope than Khufu's.

Harte

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I am curious, what slope are you guys talking about? Because a slope of 3 means about 72 degrees, which is quite steep.

According to google, the egyptian pyramids have a slope (face angle) of about 52 degrees or 4/3. The red pyramid is less steep with about 43 degrees.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: Harte

I am curious, what slope are you guys talking about? Because a slope of 3 means about 72 degrees, which is quite steep.

According to google, the egyptian pyramids have a slope (face angle) of about 52 degrees or 4/3. The red pyramid is less steep with about 43 degrees.

Explained here, and not for the first time by a long shot.

Harte
edit on 5/9/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Oh look...this subject again.

I wonder how many times this needs to be posted and debunked before it automatically ends up in the hoax bin each and every time?

Sorry kids...it's all mumbo-jumbo, clever manipulations of details and absolutely not true in the least.

Fabricated hogwash to sell books to people who swallow hogwash easily. None of this has a place in modern academics or working mathematics.

MM

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

Ah the curse of duplication, fringe never corrects or reports a finding that a piece of evidence is wrong or a hoax, it just keep being used over and over.

In 2008 I kept track and there were 114 mentions of the Piri Reis showing Antarctica...............

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join