It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid contains the diameter of the Earth and Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Let us propose that the ancients knew something seen useful in a way, yet hidden from the commercial science today. Then a question occurs. How they attained this knowledge and how it perished through the ages? Common understanding of society structure leads us to the idea that it was never meant to be shown on public scale. Few were the ones enlightened(illuminated) by this knowledge and even fewer the solo researchers who found their answers, digging and pondering. The masses never knew in real sense of this matter. It was stored and kept safely, and still it is. Even with the nowadays "open-sources" the mob is out of reach. Another mechanics play the role of Houdini, making this elephant of Golden Geometry to disappear in front of your eyes. And you can swear, that the elephant actually was a mirage. But was it?

In the next article, researchers in that field show that the builders of the pyramid knew well of the Earth and Moon diameters. And by incorporating them in this monument they openly declared their significance. So we have something important, that is made secret, we have a rat. I hope you are big enough cat, to catch that rat. Are you?

At a higher astronomical scale, it is known that the Great Pyramid hides the grand cycle of Precession of the Equinoxes of our solar system around the central sun of the Pleyades (25827.5 years) in many of its dimensions (for example in the sum of the diagonals of its base expressed in pyramidal inches). It is also well known that the three pyramids in the Giza complex are aligned with the stars in the Belt of Orion.

Link to whole article.

-Was this a Bartender, or a shadow from another Harry's joke?
edit on 3-5-2014 by Egoismyname because: title fix

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is a link to a site dedicated to looking into the many measurements we know today and shows where they are in the G Pyramid .There is about 30 or so clips www.the-tribulation-network.com...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
SnF for you for a great topic. I also believe that there's a great knowledge which has been lost or hidden over the years, hence my name "lostbook." It's almost as if the PTB are playing a game with humans to see if we can find the hidden secrets as to who we are or figure out the way out of our hidden reality. They wait and watch to see if we can figure it out.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Humans by nature are secretive. It's something, I believe, comes with having a higher intelligence. You can boil it down to the smallest scale of life and track it through ones life.

As children we tell each other secrets, it's a learned trait. My four year old constantly does it to me...even when 99% it isn't even a secret.

Growing up through adulthood we still hold secrets of our own. This goes from a simple personal level, relationship level then all the way through business success and political power. It's no secret that having an edge in life comes with knowing things others do not.

It's all too obvious then, that ancient people (maybe not your average worker, but those of power) held secrets then which are still known today. The big question, at least for me, would be whether or not advanced cultural or cosmic knowledge is being kept due to selfishness or to protect ourselves from one another.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Wow,

I finally see the Fnords

Slapping those "proportional" triangles and accessory lines on the Earth and Moon and decrying "CSSTP" and "CASTC" is silly.

Thanks for the enlightening thread, OP.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Egoismyname

The pyramid also gives us the following.

Source of pics

OP, people wont like what your saying, I know, I've posted a couple of threads on this subject. They will offer a never ending list of reasons for the numbers, but they will not entertain the idea that the numbers are deliberate.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Great thread.

I believe the Giza Pyramid is one of two biblical monuments mentioned in Isaiah 19:19. I also believe that it was built after the Great Flood to record the changes in the earth's tilt from 0 to 23.5 degrees. Im sure it has served and/or will serve other purposes during the Millenial Kingdom, but a look at the two internal chambers, along with the pyramid's location indicates that it was built on earth's pre-tilt equator.

My theory about the flood is that the earth experienced an explosive expansion to release the increasing subterrainian water pressure. I do believe we will experience a similar explosive expansion in the very near future. I wonder if the pyramid's geometry records changes in the earth's girth?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

The pyramid also gives us the following.

Source of pics

OP, people wont like what your saying, I know, I've posted a couple of threads on this subject. They will offer a never ending list of reasons for the numbers, but they will not entertain the idea that the numbers are deliberate.

The sun moves through space at an average speed of 12 miles per second. Presumably we have to include this speed in your calculation.
No two sides of the great pyramid combined are even close to 12 miles. They are between 230.25 meters and 230.39 meters each.

Just saying.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Egoismyname

In the next article, researchers in that field show that the builders of the pyramid knew well of the Earth and Moon diameters. And by incorporating them in this monument they openly declared their significance. So we have something important, that is made secret, we have a rat. I hope you are big enough cat, to catch that rat. Are you?

You linked us to the rat, dude.

From it and the proportions of the Great Pyramid as shown in Figure 4, the diameter of the Earth and Moon in miles can be directly determined!!!

Earth:11×720=7920 milesMoon:3×720=2160 miles

Show us the calculation in cubits.

The "mile" this website is using was invented in 1959.

Harte

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Better yet Harte, perhaps the OP can enlighten us on how the 'pyramid inch', which was fabricated by Charles Piazzi Smyth in the 1800's, has anything to do with actual Ancient Egyptian measurements. The shortest being the 'finger', which is 1/28th of a cubit or 0.73 inches.

cormac

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cormac mac airt

Source

One can infer that the dimension of this unit of measure could be geodetic in nature, that is to say, having some specific relationship with the physical attributes of the Earth's shape. Generally the Royal cubit is understood to have been 524 millimeters +/- 2mm (20.63 inches) in length.

Source

Royal Cubit equal 25.62 inches believed to be the measurement employed by the Egyptians in construction of the Great Pyramid.

The comparison with the fingers comes from the idea that relationship of the human body parts are representative for relationship of geodetic nature, thus having common harmonics. You may want to research the idea from first hand by reading some of the books mentioned in the beginning of this article.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Perhaps you ought to get your information from researching actual extant cubit rods as well as Flinders Petrie's extensive measurements of the Great Pyramid, particularly as he says:

The general form of the niche was a recess 41 inches (2 cubits) deep back; 62 inches (3 cubits) wide at base, and diminishing its width by four successive overlappings of the sides (at each wall course), each of ¼ cubit wide, until at 156 high it was only 20 (1cubit) wide, and was finally roofed across at 184 high. Thus, of the 3 cubits width of the base, one cubit was absorbed on each side by the overlappings, leaving one cubit width at the top. This cubit is the regular cubit of 20.6 inches, and there is no evidence of a cubit of 25 inches here.

Probably the base of the chamber was the part most carefully adjusted and set out; and hence the original value of the cubit used can be most accurately recovered from that part. The four sides there yield a mean value of 20.632 ± .004, and this is certainly the best determination of the cubit that we can hope for from the Great Pyramid.

From all these details of the lines, it seems that the roofing–blocks had usually a mid–line and two end lines marked on their sides as a guide in placing them; and, in case of obliteration, extra lines were provided, generally a cubit (20.6) from each end, but sometimes at other points.

The Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh

cormac

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cormac mac airt

You are talking about Royal cubit which is different from Sacred cubit. Excuse me if my second quote(from last post) did not make too much sense. It has to start with Sacred cubit, not Royal cubit. The whole article explains it.

Sir Isaac Newton defined the “sacred cubit” as 25 pyramid inches. Based on his research of the ancient texts he postulated the length of the sacred cubit to be between 24. 90 and 25. 02 inches.

edit on 5-5-2014 by Egoismyname because: spellcheck

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wouldn't because the Egyptians used a wheel to measure their distances pie be a condition of the great pyramid and there fire it would reflect the diameter in sone way if any sphere?

I dunno I'm bad at math n stuff but wouldn't it?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Your “sacred cubit” is non-existant in the GP as even Petrie says:

Taking next the niche, which has been abundantly theorized on, there are two instances claimed to show the so-called "sacred cubit" of 25 "Pyramid inches", or 25.025 British inches. The breadth of the top of the niche is not, however, 25 inches, but only averages 20.3, and it is intended for a regular Egyptian cubit, roughly executed. The excentricity of the niche is nearer to the theoretical quantity, though in all parts it is too large for the theory, the amount being 25.19 (varying 25.08 to 25.31) from below the apex of the roof, or 25.29 (varying 25.10 to 25.44) from the middle of the wall. So here, as elsewhere, the supposed evidences of this cubit vanish on testing them.

Which means it's a made up unit of measurement which has nothing to do with the GP.

cormac

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Well, since the ancients used formulas by using their brains, where as we use our computers, I would say its been hidden in plain sight all this time because of advanced technology.

I would think there was more pressure to educate as there is today. They had to memorize and apply the info where today we just fire up the Commodore 64 and start cruising.

To us, the mathematics involved very well might be "cutting edge" for us but given the circumstances it may very well have been information one learns from an early age back then.

No electronics = their buildings / construction techniques served as the blue prints themselves. We always overcomplicate things... There was a test done between a college class of engineering students and a class for 4th graders. Both groups got the same question - A piece of paper with an image of a refrigerator and an image of an elephant. The instruction - explain how to fit this elephant into the refrigerator.

The college group got it wrong and the 4th graders got it right.

The college students tried using various formulas / ideas.
The 4th graders simply said you cant fit an elephant into a refrigerator.

At the rate we are going when the Annunaki do return they are going to look around, get back in their ships and demand a refund from Galactic realtors.

edit on 5-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Wouldn't because the Egyptians used a wheel to measure their distances pie be a condition of the great pyramid and there fire it would reflect the diameter in sone way if any sphere?

I dunno I'm bad at math n stuff but wouldn't it?

No.

It has to do with the way they measured angles.

The GP has a slope which, when mathematically manipulated (by fringers using arithmetic without justifying their steps,) the ratio arrived at equals 22/7.

It is this value 22/7 (which is quite close to the value of pi) that they are on about.

If you do the calculation yourself, you'll find that the value obtained from the GP dimensions is about 1000 times closer to 22/7 than it is to pi.

Harte

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: cormac mac airt

Which means it's a made up unit of measurement which has nothing to do with the GP.

cormac

I see you have your point and you have your thesis. Well I have mine. In the end I think our conversation about cubits is ridiculous in its marginality. Peace.

It is interesting to note that Sir Isaac Newton had a great interest in the length of the cubit. His interest it seems was based upon his belief that the cubit and by extension the inch were relative to the astronomical measurements he needed to confirm his gravitational theories. Isaac Newton in his Dissertation on Cubits narrowed the value of the Hebrew or “Sacred Cubit” to approximately 23-27” in length. He used the following 7 points to arrive at his conclusion. All values are calculated in British inches. 1 British inch = 1.0011 primitive inches.

1. By investigation of Talmudist’s and Josephus’ in reference to the Greek cubit he calculated the range of the Hebrew cubit to 24.3 – 31.24”
2. From Talmudist’s proportion to the human body 23.28 – 27.94”
3. From Josephus’ description of the pillars of the Temple 23.28 – 27.16”.
4. By calculation of a Sabbath days journey 23.28 – 27.16”
5. By Talmudist’s and Josephus’ description of the Inner Court 23.28 – 26.19”
6. By proportion to the Chaldaic and Hebrew cubit to that of the cubit of Memphis 24.83”
7. Statement of Mersennus as to a supposed copy of the “sacred cubit of the Hebrews” 24.91”

Source
edit on 6-5-2014 by Egoismyname because: link to source added

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thanks Harte! I just learned something. Appreciate the response. Interesting this 22/7 ratio. Any idea why they used it? Was it arbitrary. Was it the maximum angle of repose they could build the pyramids without structural compromises? Also, since this ratio is pretty close to Pi. Wouldn't the pyramid come pretty close to describing the circumference of the earth as a coincidence.
a reply to: Harte

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If you have to base your premise on an article that incorporates non-existant units of measure (i.e. "pyramid inches"), have the need to mention the "sacred" cubit as if it's relevant to the GP (even Petrie says it's non-existant therein) as well as the converted claimed measurements into miles (which didn't exist in the 4th Dynasty) then you've pretty much obliterated your own credibility IMO.

cormac

edit on 6-5-2014 by cormac mac airt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join