It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you imagine the afterlife to be like?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Much like here on earth if it exists at all -crap

i will go to hell anyway

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Why do you think heaven is crap? What do you mean by crap?

(I assume you mean heaven is crap since you said you are going to hell ]anyway).

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Jesus response - “At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven” (Matthew 12:25). Jesus said in Mark 12:25 that “When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.”

Angels don't have sexual bodies and they don't make babies.
Each angel is created by God. There is no sex.
That's what Jesus Himself said would happen to humans who went to heaven.
The word here translated as "when" means at that specific time.
So it might not mean that people stay that way forever but are like that at the resurrection.
Maybe having relations in that environment would be only of a spiritual nature.
More normal, physical relations, later, I do not think is necessarily excluded.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

You can always reincarnate if you like being human. Play tourist.
It isn't like server hopping on an online video game.
You have to go through an entire life.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

If what is said bout him is true, I fear more of the same concerning my souls enslavement.
It's not, don't worry.
Jesus loves you and do what you know is right.

What if the things we see in our dreams and even nightmares are really just a past moment in time? what if they are not, who really knows?
I don't think so.
I think that there is built into dreams a feeling of familiarity with the settings and characters, to be able to slip right in and go, but that doesn't mean that there is a real continuity to them as if you were going from one episode to another, in a series, whenever you go to sleep.

I have an adventurer's spirit, that much I do know.
Which means that you are not going to be happy just staying in one blasé place, and you will be putting yourself at risk, again.

edit on 4-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Maybe it all does depend on what your opinion of the afterlife is. I mean, if your opinion of the afterlife is that it is mundane and entirely humanistic, but that you're just 'up in the clouds', then Heaven may indeed seem crap compared to Hell. After all, Heaven may have all the simple, relaxing pleasures; but Hell will definitely have all the best music!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Sex, food, mansions, jewels = CARNAL earthbound projection. Heaven = SPIRITUAL. Bottom line - to try to impose the carnal onto the higher spiritual realms is just an attempt to pollute what heaven really is. To say Heaven is full of lust and gluttony and earthly riches and clothing; and people having to labor at making the food and clothing and mansions; and that there will be death of plants and animals so we can stuff our faces with them and poop them out; and that people will be humping each others brains out in an endless orgy of lust .... that shows either a poor understanding of spirituality or a complete disbelief of Jesus teachings .. or more likely - both.

Carnal desires are a ball and chain on the spirit.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

As you and. I know FF, Medjugorje is still under investigation by the catholic church, so it is advised that readers bear that in mind.

That being said, some of the visionaries there claim to have seen or been taken there by the Virgin Mary. Below is a snippet from Vicka on what she saw

“…it can’t be described. That is something beyond description. It is filled with some sort of beautiful light…people…flowers…angels…All is filled with some indescribable joy. Your heart stands still when you look at it.” 2

Source and more description

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

They are only Carnal if that's the mind-Set or mind-Ra someone takes into it!!!

Sex can also be about pleasing another rather than yourself, & should be if we're honest!!!
Mansions & Jewels are not necessarily Carnal in nature, nor materialistic, that again all depends on the person!!!

Food however is a Physical form of regaining Energy, everything is Energy...
Including our Spirit, so there must be some form of sustenance equivalent to Food in the Spiritual essence unless you feel Spiritual Energy is Inifinite, I don't to be honest, everything needs to conserve in the Cosmos or it runs out of Energy & ceases to exist... From Human, to Planetary Bodies, to Stars, to Galaxies... Up to the Universe itself!!!

The Universe is Vampiric in (super)Nature!!!

Peace Flyers!!!
edit on 4-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
So how does being like angels in heaven rule out food and sex.....?

Because Jesus said so. And since He came down from Heaven to be born, then that means He knows what is there. He knows better than you or me. He said sex stays in marriage and there is no marriage in heaven so therefore there is no sex.
n.

the bible said angels ate and some even had sex and made babies. So if we are goimg tp be like angels, physical enjpyment cnt be ruled out

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

S&F!

As above, So below!

This means I will be able to get away with exactly the same sins as I get away with down here!

Won't God Be Surprised When I Assassinate And Replace Them!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Depends who you would like to follow from the levels Above...
Because they will find themselves with you Below on the next part of our journey, unless you go Below once more!!!

However the levels of Hell are being filled up, while Heaven is almost a barren wasteland, it'll take a while for all Below to do as Above does on a decent level!!!

Too cryptic???

My apologies pal!

Peace Diet!!!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

the bible said angels ate and some even had sex and made babies.
Abraham invited to his tent to eat, men who later turned out to be angels, but they were traveling the earth in the form of men, and so could enjoy a meal.
That does not mean that they did the same in Heaven.
The Bible doesn't say angels had sex and made babies.
That would be in extra-biblical writings like Enoch.
Genesis says "the sons of God", without being specific as to what that meant, and could just mean that these were the more direct descendants from Adam vs. maybe the general population that were created outside of the Garden of Eden.
The "men of renown" could be the people who were deemed worthy of being mentioned in the chronicle, and who's names are preserved in the Torah.
It just says it in a matter of fact way without adding judgment to it as if these were especially wicked or something.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke

S&F!

As above, So below!

This means I will be able to get away with exactly the same sins as I get away with down here!

Won't God Be Surprised When I Assassinate And Replace Them!

lol do you really wonder why you are here?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
the bible said angels ate and some even had sex and made babies. So if we are goimg tp be like angels, physical enjpyment cnt be ruled out

JESUS ruled it out. JESUS Himself. He came from Heaven, and He proved that He came from Heaven via his miracles. He knows exactly what is going on in heaven. He said ... in heaven there is no sin so sex would stay in marriage, and since there is no marriage then there is no sex. PERIOD.

As for the stories in the Old Testament about 'angels' having babies with humans .... poppycock.
1 - Those stories contradict JESUS who came from Heaven.
2 - Angels are pure spirit and can't procreate with humans.
3 - Angels are individually created beings and don't have babies.
4 - Obviously pure spirits don't eat or have sex ... they have no need and aren't created that way ... therefore the Old Testament stories are just fanciful myths and folklores. Those 'angel' stories either never happened or those 'angels' were really organic creatures, such as aliens, that the uneducated peasants stuck the 'angel' label on.

Bottom line - Jesus said no marriage and therefore no sex in Heaven.

Jesus response - “At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven” (Matthew 12:25). Jesus said in Mark 12:25 that “When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.”

Some folks are stuck in an organic mundane Old Testament version of what they think Heaven would be ... a mirror image of Earthly life but with themselves on top of the heap with tons of sex and food and money. Obviously the people in the Old Testament had NO CLUE what heaven was like so they made up stories based on their own human drives .... food, sex, money. On the other hand, JESUS, who came from Heaven, told us exactly what it's like. There is no need to guess ... human drives are GONE.

I don't understand the death grip on sex some people have ... desperate to have sex forever. It's like being stuck in a carnal thought process. Some earthy religions are sex orientated so I guess their version of eternity reflects that obsession or something.

edit on 5/4/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
there must be some form of sustenance equivalent to Food in the Spiritual essence unless you feel Spiritual Energy is Inifinite,

Spiritual version .... sure. But not the organic version that people are thinking about. Being pure spirit, people would have no need for organic food. And there is no death in heaven, so having plants and animals die in order for people to stuff themselves with it just doesn't make sense. And then there would be the problem of poop and pee. If people are eating organic human food like on earth, then there is sewage and therefore people would have to build sewers and sewage treatment plants ..etc etc .. not so heavenly for those stuck doing all that .. ya' know?

It's just so earthbound in thought. It's like folks can't even remotely imagine any kind of life that doesn't mirror the life on earth. I find that inability to be odd. But whatever....we will all find out when we are dead.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

(I assume you mean heaven is crap since you said you are going to hell ]anyway).
the same way earth is crap one ruling family calling the shots and in the whole of history their is only going to be 144.000 there

crap party dude i will head straight for hell with the other 99 % dead heads are so boring anyroads

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
a reply to: LittleByLittle

You can always reincarnate if you like being human. Play tourist.
It isn't like server hopping on an online video game.
You have to go through an entire life.

That is something I leave to you between you and the divine. I can see scenarios where it is exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

originally posted by: arpgme

the same way earth is crap one ruling family calling the shots and in the whole of history their is only going to be 144.000 there

crap party dude i will head straight for hell with the other 99 % dead heads are so boring anyroads

As I interpret the 144000 chosen are about a thing happening on earth not heaven and they are from my point already at least partly here. But then I am choosing to interpret the 144000 as waves of souls sent here for specific reasons. The waves exists if they are 144000 I have no information on. But I am pretty sure I have meet one of them in the flesh.
edit on 4-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Which heaven? Which version of the afterlife? As the OP is constantly comparing Christianity and Islam, I thought I'd do it here for him.

Let us compare Christianity with Islam and let me tell you which I prefer followed by how I see each version of heaven

Probably because I am a woman Scorpion has refused to entertain 99% of my posts. He has only responded to a query in another post, where I thought he had abandoned the post and then ridiculed me. All my thoughtful posts he has ignored summarily.

I'd rather do my best to: turn the other cheek
rather than: exact and eye for an eye, even in an accident, which is practiced in Muslim countries

I'd rather do my best to: love my enemies
rather than: have my God tell me to murder in his name, which is what those who kill their children and wives for "honor" say is Allah's will

I'd rather do my best to: not feel anger
rather than: have my religious leaders encourage anger, hatred and the killing of those who do not believe in Allah

I'd rather do my best to: honor children
rather than: have my religious leaders say it is ok to give a child "in marriage" to a man (I am a professor of Human Development and know that until the age of 16 a female child's vagina is not fully developed, and great internal damage and even death can occur to 9-12 year olds who are "married"

I'd rather be in a religion that says in Christ there is no male or female, that means male and female are equal
Rather than in a religion whose religious leaders condone beating females

Why? Because I'd rather serve the kind of God Jesus represents.
To be more loving, more kind, more fair, more compassionate, than in a religion that encourages violence, anger, rape, murder in the name of it's God.

I'd rather go to heaven for falling on my knees, acknowledging my sins, asking for forgiveness and trying to sin no more
Than: go to heaven for killing myself along with a bunch of other people - I would not want to be in a heaven with people who are unrepentant mass murders

I see Christian heaven as a place full of kindness, compassion with only loving people. A place with no jealousy or need for sex, food, drink as competition for those things has caused great evil in the world. A place with no worldly desire, just a desire to truly love the souls of others, a desire to learn, and a desire to thank God constantly for allowing us to be there.

I see Islamic heaven as hell for women who will be constantly subject to the carnal lusts of their "heavenly husbands" and will have only occasional glimpses or receiving of love. I see it as a place where men are only interested in sex and thank Allah daily for being able to have all the sex they want by defiling virgins. I see a place where unrepentant murders rejoice in the horror and terror of having killed mutilated and raped in the name of Allah. I see it as a place where people are relieved they made it because they can have no peace on earth that they were good enough, unless they kill for Jihad, and therefore, are arrogant and violent in the afterlife as part of their rejoicing.

edit on 4-5-2014 by grandmakdw because: grammar

edit on 4-5-2014 by grandmakdw because: clarity of thought

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join