It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you imagine the afterlife to be like?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
So how does being like angels in heaven rule out food and sex.....?

Because Jesus said so. And since He came down from Heaven to be born, then that means He knows what is there. He knows better than you or me. He said sex stays in marriage and there is no marriage in heaven so therefore there is no sex.

Jesus response - “At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven” (Matthew 12:25). Jesus said in Mark 12:25 that “When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.”

Angels don't have sexual bodies and they don't make babies.
Each angel is created by God. There is no sex.
That's what Jesus Himself said would happen to humans who went to heaven.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Everyone will be hangin out wishin they were human again.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Everyone will be hangin out wishin they were human again.

You can always reincarnate if you like being human. Play tourist.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle The ole weekend worriors just spending time off from the galatic mundane grind to live out drug fueled sexual fantasies and power trips with a slight chance to catch the eye of the creator and be raised up to the next level.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: LittleByLittle The ole weekend worriors just spending time off from the galatic mundane grind to live out drug fueled sexual fantasies and power trips with a slight chance to catch the eye of the creator and be raised up to the next level.

You can already at least level up at least one level if you want to (unsure how many level there are if there are more). It is not leaving this 3D place but you can feel the love on the other side. I might not be religious but I do agree with below:

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

edit on 3-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
I think there is nothing.
I think the whole purpose for our existence is to simply pass on our genes and then die.
This is how it is for all living things plants, animals and or course us too.

So was there nothing before you came to this existence? Seriously if there is nothing after living then you shouldn't manifest here in the first place because there would be nothing prior either.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle The secret to overcoming this place is last turn,blue. Only the spirit will know what this means.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I try not to think of what it would be like, I fear it. I really just have no idea what an afterlife consists of. If there is a heaven, then what? We just frolick around with past loved ones? Do we continue to learn? to build ourselves into something more? or is that it? I can't stand the thought of anything being final, of a final destination to aspire to, sounds so ironically mundane.

And frankly, I don't mean to sound so rude to Christians because I like their morals and their Jesus but I don't care to be ruled by their God. I don't want to go from being enslaved by the powers of those on earth, to an unforgiving God who expects obediance at all costs. If what is said bout him is true, I fear more of the same concerning my souls enslavement.

I use to not hope for rebirth, I hated the thought of growing old and dying, of completely forgetting who I am. I am still afraid, especially to forget everything I am, and those whom I love but I would still prefer to be reborn than not to. Plus there might always be the chance to remember. What if the things we see in our dreams and even nightmares are really just a past moment in time? what if they are not, who really knows?

I have an adventurer's spirit, that much I do know. I hope that i'll be reborn, in another world, another earth like planet with newer things to discover and learn about, new mistakes to be made and learned from.

Or perhaps, i'll die... curtains called, lights out, show over.

edit on 3-5-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
I can't stand the thought of anything being final, of a final destination to aspire to, sounds so ironically mundane.

What's even scarier is imagining being anywhere for the rest of eternity. Even if it's the nicest, most relaxing place you could ever imagine... Think billions of years, then multiply that by a billion, and you're not even close, because there won't be an end to your existence. You'll be permanently stuck. I almost think total spiritual destruction and ending of consciousness would be preferable.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This is all fair to say if you go from a Biblical sense of an Afterlife!!!

However it could be argued that God didn't make all the Angels!

I'd agree no one marries in the Afterlife, however, IMO at least, we will meet our Soul Mate...
Depending on how we treat life from this Realm of course!

Peace Flyers!!!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i,m going with nothing,its a blankness with no thought or awarerness,we get that now when ur brain is not aware of a dream.
you sleep and don,t dream or don,t remember it.
you wake up with no memory but except getting into bed,why should it be any different when you die?

i,ve had alcohol but sure that makes sense lol

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Well OP, it's a great question, but it has an almost endless answer!!!

If you asked how would Heaven be, I'd say that's 100% of the Universe at your finger tips, the ability to write someone's future, how they will interact, how they will respond to the harsh realities of life, & all the answers to questions even the Almighty would ask, if only on our behalf as to bring us to a philosophical conclusion!!!

However you said Afterlife, which could be anything from Heaven, to the lowest level of Hell, depending on how we live this part of life, will determine where we go from here!!!

Even the most Angelic of us all has sinned!!!
So is that/those sin(s) repentable???
Will it lead us to a better place or a worse place???
Better in the sense that it was less that what brought us here to Hell On Earth???
Worse in the sense that it was more than what we did previously???

Like I said it's almost an infinite number of possibilities in an infinite Universe, so if you want me to elaborate I will, but I won't bore/entertain you continue without your permission

Peace Sk0rpi0n!!!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Gender and sexuality only exist in the physical world. They do not exist in the spiritual world. This can even be looked at logically by definition alone.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Do you remember sleeping for 8+ hours or do you wake up what feels like instantly???

If not then where did that time go???
If it didn't feel like 8+ hours, even dreamless, how would you be aware that you slept???

The concept of nothing doesn't actually exist, or more so a physiological sense of nothing doesn't exist so how could we prepare for it...
Even nothing would be something...
Like darkness is just a lack of light...
Nothing is just a lack of something...

Still not nothing by our definition of the word though!!!

Peace Sparky!!!
edit on 3-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

edit on 3-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct again!!!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: earthblaze

Not necessarily!!!

How would you know this???

If everything is balanced, yin-yang so to speak... Then what's to stop the Universe being 50% masculine 50% feminine???

Until we reach the other side, none if this is conclusive!!!

"Made in our image..." Etc

Peace Earth!!!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
If things like good food, grand mansions, nice clothes, peace and tranquility, perfect partners etc are considered as pleasurable blessings on earth, why cant it be found in the afterlife as well?

This one doesn't even need the bible to debunk it.

Grand mansions need up keep = need servants = social hierarchy = some people thinking they are better than others = unhappiness = NOT heaven

Good food = need to grow it = jobs for someone else other than grand mansion owner = back to life here on earth = NOT heaven

Fancy clothes = vanity, pride, envy = 3 of the 7 deadly sins in what is supposed to be heaven = NOT heaven also.

Peace, tranquillity, equality, happiness, freedom from the bondages of this life, eternal life = a few of the things actual heaven promises

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Um, actually it is that in a sense, and far far far more. You are in the universal understanding, feeling and communicating and plugged into everyone in ways that profound, and if you are advancing you have a wonderful home, garden, you experience what is like physical, but as you reach readiness, beyond work there, learning there, family you begin to want to help and get involved in other ways, many many many work stations and places to assist with Family you love and enjoy being with.

More colors, more notes, songs, more flavors of ice cream than you can imagine! Wonderful gardens and cities too. Also cosmic cities and places to go.

Whether you experience direct co creation, or high technology, you don't need to do housework.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
And of course there are female and male entities, the spirit of Mom and Dad, whole family and belonging. And true Love even. And work is not housework or yard maintenance, though many do choose for a time to commune and work with plants, there is science, teaching, healing, soul abilities, telekinisis, creational, and work on many levels helping nudge awareness, visiting those who need inspiring and uplifting. Counseling and working as Guides too.

Some will choose to be guardian angels. Love never gives up on anyone.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

There will be work in heaven, but not as 'jobs' and not for 'money', but as volunteer work to give to others in the way that makes us most happy.

Loving and Giving to others is glorifying the Nature of Our Father in Heaven because he loved us first (1 John 4:19) and gave to us first (by giving us life). Our Father in Heaven gives rain and sunlight to the good and the evil and that is the way we are supposed to act if we really want to act like His Children (Matthew 5:45).

This is why it is glorifying to God to love our enemies, bless those who curse us, give to others, and do good to those who hate us. Regardless of what others are doing, we are supposed to let Our Light shine by doing these good works in order to Glorify Him (Matthew 5:16). We are told that those who are in heaven are as humble as little children (Matthew 18:3-4) and anyone who wishes to be one of the first ones to go to Heaven must make themselves Servants to All (Mark 9:35)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
I never said there wouldn't be work in heaven. I meant that there will be none of this class system we are used to on earth where the mansion owner lazes around by the pool while their servants do everything for them. Everything will be fair, balanced and most of all free. And by free, I mean we will have freedom from earthly things like hunger, disease, debt etcetera
edit on 3-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join