It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you imagine the afterlife to be like?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 I think that you can imagine that tranquility when out in nature and get a sense that it does exist somewhere but reality says it's not here and now ...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: sk0rpi0n Jesus is referring to spiritual riches .You have a very carnal view of the spiritual realm imo

where did jesus ever say the riches were spiritual? How do you know there canot be a spiritual equivalent of what we now understand as physical pleasure.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Matthew 6
19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal

Earthly pleasures are physical desires such as lust and greed, spiritual treasures are things like love and compassion. Store up knowledge and understanding, not money and material things nor even the hope of those things.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Why do you need mammon ( riches and money ) in heaven ? Isn´t that related to pecking order.. who is the best richests etc. Where is equality ? Isn´t that vanity ?
jesus spoke of mansions and riches. He also spoke of people being 'lowest' in heaven. So looks like there would be a heirarchy in the afterlife as well.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

It's not "here" and now where we have internet and concrete buildings everywhere, but it is "there" and now where humans haven't touched.

It may be too late for peace now because we've gone too deep, but there was a time before modern society and human intervention where heaven was on Earth. That heaven still exists in some places, but it is few and far between.
edit on 5/3/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n How about discerning the difference between carnal and spiritual .The Angels eat a type of food and we shall eat from the tree of life on the other side of the material world ...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 A time as describe as the garden of Eden ...I think we have that embedded into our human sychi but with the presence of sin in and all around us we are left wit only memories of what could be .

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thats in King James bible, in other bibles he talks about dwellings/rooms in God´s house.
Aramaiac bible says

1"Let not your heart be troubled. Believe in God and believe in me." * 2"There are many lodgings in my Father's house, and if not, I would have told you, because I go to prepare a place for you." 3"And if I go prepare a place for you, I shall come again and bring you to join me, that where I am you shall be also." 4"And where I am going, you know, and you know the way."

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
.ia didnt say anything about lust. Why does sex with a permitted partner automatically equal to 'lust? Is sex and enjoying good food evil by themselves., i think not so absolutely no reason to assume they arent good enough for humans in the afterlife.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Doesn't Allah promise 72 virgins in the afterlife? That's playing on lust in order to win over converts, he uses Earthly pleasures to gain "spiritual" followers.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Sin is only part of the modern world, it's not an inherent quality of humans. Those indigenous tribes in the Amazon aren't sinful, they live in balance with nature, something modern humans don't do for the most part.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

So explain us why the women will be virgins again in men´s heaven ? What is the purpose ? Is people in islamic heaven flesh and blood?
Christians don´t believe in flesh and blood heaven as you do, christians believe in heaven all will be angel like as Jesus told.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Thats in King James bible
alright it makes no significant difference. Mansions, houses, lodging, castles whatever are needed for physical beings.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

So explain us why the women will be virgins again in men´s heaven ? What is the purpose ? Is people in islamic heaven flesh and blood?
Christians don´t believe in flesh and blood heaven as you do, christians believe in heaven all will be angel like as Jesus told.
christians believe angels ate food with Abraham.. And some of them even had sex. So how does being like angels in heaven rule out food and sex.....?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You forgot that Jesus spoke in symbolic ways, these rooms in Gods house and him preraring the way. God`s house " God´s heart" so he prepares God´s love..
This is what is difficult to muslims to understand as they read their text robotic ways and they have no understanding in symbolic message that Jesus teaches.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Do you know what angels are like in heaven ?
edit on 3-5-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

(530.1) 47:0.1 THE Creator Son, when on Urantia, spoke of the “many mansions in the Father’s universe.” In a certain sense, all fifty-six of the encircling worlds of Jerusem are devoted to the transitional culture of ascending mortals, but the seven satellites of world number one are more specifically known as the mansion worlds.

(532.7) 47:3.1 On the mansion worlds the resurrected mortal survivors resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death. When you go from Urantia to the first mansion world, you will notice considerable change, but if you had come from a more normal and progressive sphere of time, you would hardly notice the difference except for the fact that you were in possession of a different body; the tabernacle of flesh and blood has been left behind on the world of nativity.

Check out the Urantia Book, specifically this section.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 I am thinking that them not having as many things to indulge into may account for some of that idea but I am sure they have there moments .Reading some of the earlier Native accounts noticed by writers on their activities we find Waring fashions and other forms of indulgences that would or could be considered less then ideal .White man did bring many more vises but they had some of their own habits .

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

"what do you imagine the afterlife to be like?"

Hopefully its better than this verse, maybe we get our own little pocket universe to shape and control if we have been deemed worthy.

Probably wishful thinking on my part all the same.

edit on 3-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
Jesus said that there are many ''mansions'' in his Fathers place. He also said to store up riches and treasures in heaven.

1 - Spiritual mansions ... allegorical places that souls dwell ... read St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila.
The Spiritual Mansions by St. Teresa of Avila
2 - Store up spiritual riches and treasures.

SPIRITUAL. Not mundane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join