It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sober Girl Charged With DWI After Cop Runs Stop Sign and Breaks Her Neck-Police COVERUP

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This poor girl.
Minding her own business when
BAM!
A cop t-boned her after HE RAN A STOP SIGN.
She was severely injured- FOUR FRACTURES in her vertebrate- and he had the audacity to accuse HER of reckless/intoxicated driving.
She was taken to the hospital and charged with FIVE CHARGES.
After a year of litigation and her life practically destroyed, the TRUTH is finally coming to light.

At the age of 25, Weyker’s criminal history is as flawless as her posture. She was diagnosed with cancer at age three, and the prolonged radiation treatments literally curved her spine. So doctors inserted metal rods to keep her back straight. The lifelong medical complications have not stopped her from pursuing a college degree. Or from driving a car. In fact, Weyker had never gotten so much as a speeding ticket until the night she crossed paths with Milwaukee County Deputy Sheriff Joseph Quiles.

WITI Fox6 investigated Weyker’s story in depth and reported about her ongoing struggle. It all started on the night of February 20, 2013, when Deputy Joseph Quiles, with the airport division of the Sheriff’s Office, T-boned Weyker’s Camry, sending it spinning into a tree. It would be discovered later that Weyker broke her neck in four places. She told the station, “It was a miracle I wasn’t paralyzed.”

So why was she arrested? Todd Korb, Weyker’s lawyer, told WITI that the arrest was surprising because the authorities had virtually no evidence she was drunk. Korb said, “I can’t say it is necessarily a cover up, but it is suspicious.” Andrew Mishlove, a drunk driving defense expert, told the station that the only cause to arrest Weyker would have been if Deputy Quiles pointed the finger at her. “I think he was trying to protect himself and his department, to be honest,” said Weyker.

In Deputy Quiles’ original report, he claimed that he came to a full stop at the stop sign and never saw Weyker’s headlights (Weyker’s car’s headlights were automatic). However, airport surveillance footage surfaced two days after the crash and refuted Quiles’ first account, showing him rolling through the stop sign. Even though this evidence showed Quiles was at fault, Weyker was still sent threatening letters by the county saying legal action would be taken if she didn’t pay for the damages.

HE FINALLY ADMITTED HE WAS AT FAULT- BUT GOT A WEAK SLAP ON THE WRIST:

Ten months after the accident, after a Sheriff’s Office internal investigation, Quiles admitted that his first statements were wrong and that he was at fault for the accident. Quiles was suspended for nine days for the accident, but never punished for his false report, despite, WITI notes, “a previous history of discipline for filing reports written by someone else.”

news.yahoo.com...‘suspicious’--sober-driver-arrested-for-drunk-driving-after-deputy-runs-stop-sign-and-crashes-into-her-car-213 839328.html

fox6now.com...
edit on 3-5-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg

I think its a sign of the times and the low standard of requirements to become a police officer today. He looks a brute and is obviously a brute by the lazy way of filing reports and lying to boot.

I have noticed over here we have almost a rift between the younger police and the older men. The younger are arrest, arrest and arrest before asking questions, the older men still often seem to want to know what actually happened.

The police work on government policy and I think they are picked in order to frighten the public as much as maintain public order and its a subtle difference. Also some are not that intelligent simply brutish and have more in common with the criminals - which they woulod have been in life had not the standard of acceptance for the police been so low.

It still does not detract from the kids that do join in order to help the public live safely though, but they seem to be getting fewer and fewer.

In the UK the police grab your dna which a solicitor told me was their aim as he had seem a poster telling them to do this in a station once. Like him I think our dna is something perhaps we don't understand the implications of fully yet and feel we are giving away our life story which can be sold on. Woudl one refuse that copper I suspect not.

+44 more 
posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

People always use the disclaimer " there are a few good ones."

No. Let me say this once and for all. ALL COPS ARE BAD.
if they aren't criminals they are cover up participants. All of them.

+11 more 
posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Cops need to be under 24/7 surveillance.

I have to wonder, have cops always been sociopaths or are we just learning about it now due to the proliferation of cameras?

a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Lets say that a gang of 5 men approach an elderly woman, tie her hands behind her back then slam her head into the cement before forcing her into the back of a car. While all of the men participated, only 1 actually slammed the woman's head.

How would they be charged? Would they all be charged with a crime or just the guy who did the actual slamming?

Obviously, they would all be charged. If nothing else, the others would be accessories to the crime.

edit on 3-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
That's exactly what I've been saying for a while now. Till the "good" ones stand up, take responsibility and weed out the type of officer that lies, abuses their power and is just a bully with a badge, they will all be lumped in the same group. This tells me volumes about the character of this guy. He would rather lie and ruin a young girls life, than take the blame for his own mistake. They should go back and review every case he's been involved with. It says even more about the department he works for, that they gone to such lengths to protect him.

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Okay, so when people are on this forum complaining about others "cop bashing", "police hating", etc... Think of this story.

The officer should have been charged with fraud.

Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain...

Oh, but I'm sure I'm off the mark here. Someone will point out that this doesn't fit into the legal definition of fraud. Okay, but it damn sure should...

How about obstruction of justice. Since he was trying to cover up his own careless driving. Oh wait, how about careless driving...

The major reason people get worked up, and "hate" on police... Is because of stories like these where police officers are not handed down a deserving punishment. If a regular Joe t-boned a police car and subsequently tried to cover it up, he'd be rotting in jail by the time this officer was allowed back on duty.

Think about that.

If you don't do your own house cleaning, people are going to consider that entire house a dirty pile of _____.

Cheers.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Perjury. Intentionally filing false statements.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The cop looks like a typical fat beef head with likely a small penis.

One word to describe him:

INSECURE

edit on 3-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm sure we've all experienced the "must have been your fault" crap before either from a clerk, cashier, librarian, parent, friend or any other bureaucrat. When confronted with the mere possibility of an error the wall goes up and the blame is projected right back.

Denial and defensiveness are knee-jerk reactions for the insecure.

When it involves a cop however it takes on a whole new level that is horrifying and dangerous. Wonder why there are so many insecure cops?

Oh, that's right. They're recruited as such and trained to be even more so: Officer.com

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

First, thanks for including the photo of the CRIMINAL WITH UNIFORM AND GUN. Everybody have to be able to recognize him on the streets.

I'll never call him "Police" since he is the opposite.

I'm mad now, I have a daughter and this one got me 100%.

If you believe in God or Karma, you know what will happen to this CRIMINAL. He will face justice from higher level.

Those who protect him, are criminals too.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Poor girl, at least it looks like she'll be suing them for a LOT too, and fair enough as well.

I think people are missing the fact that, yes there was a lot of BS going on here, but the truth was found out..better late than never.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

No. Let me say this once and for all. ALL COPS ARE BAD.
if they aren't criminals they are cover up participants. All of them.

And the award for most ignorant post of the day goes to....

Seriously, all of them? Even the ones who investigated this internally?

Have you met every single cop, ever, have you?

And you know them to ALL to be BAD?

I think your broad and mindless accusations are a little over the top...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It should have been determined at the scene of the wreck who was at fault? His front bumper sitting in the engine compartment, or the side of her car enveloping her in her displaced drivers seat?

Was it a 4-way stop? I didn't read the link yet...

Having imbeciles investigate the scene (of crimes) seems to be the norm nowadays?

How about the selfie campaign that nypd tried pulling off? their twitter asked ppl to send in selfies with police in the shot.

It backfired. People sent in pics of people getting beaten instead.

have at it

edit on (5/3/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Would have thought so...

There's a picture of her car in the OP's link, he clearly T boned her.

And it's pretty clear looking at the intersection who had right of way...

LINK

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk
Do you realize that all a cops job is now is to generate revenue? I was in a car accident from having too low blood suger a few months back. My seat belt failed and I ended up in the back of our van somehow. as I was lying passed out on the backboard in the hospital in severe pain the cop that was first on scene woke me up and said heres your ticket for failure to maintain your lane of travel. A little insensitive dont you think? I just went to court for it. That diabetic coma I went into cost me $500. now before you say anything like I should be aware of my health at all times, I have no control over my blood sugar if it suddenly drops to dangerous levels. Yes I have stepped down to ride the bus and sacrificed my license due to my fear of it happening again. I asked the courts if I could do community service instead of a fine. the clerk did some calculations on her calc and said it was mandatory that i pay $200. Mandatory my behind. I coulda went and cleaned up the parks and highway but the government needs their money any way they can get it. screw the little guy right?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Did anyone check to see if he was drunk or high? I fly for a living and if I or any of my crew are involved in even a minor accident we all go get a piss test. Are cops involved in shootings, accidents etc told to get a piss test too... I think not...

Its the old view that has not only come alive again but stronger... "There are cops and everyone else is scum...."

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Well I may not have met all cops but the ones doing the IA investigation for this can't be too good if all he got charged with was the accident being his fault. He committed at least 3 more crimes one I think is felonious. He should loose his pension go to jail and be fired. The day someone posts a story that shows the good cops seeing to the bad ones getting fair sentences I'll go with em all being bad.

ETA: Also wanted to say I know it's judges who do the sentencing however they should be arresting prosecutors and judges who take part in covering these things up too. I mean hell most of the covering is done at the DA's level not really the cops. It's so easy to see through their stories that they got to have help in burying charges hiding evidence and finally judges whom they totally work with to make sure what they can't hide isn't taken too seriously.

I say tar and feather them all!
edit on 3-5-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I hate cops for reasons just like this. I will never assist a cop.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

Having imbeciles investigate the scene (of crimes) seems to be the norm nowadays?

The supreme court in the US has ruled it okay for police criteria to include an upper IQ limit.

People with 120 have been excluded.

So it might entirely be the case that Imbeciles will be investigating.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

I think people are missing the fact that, yes there was a lot of BS going on here, but the truth was found out..better late than never.

I think your missing a bigger point, that your point brings up.

How often is the truth NOT found out.

Far to often the PUBLIC welfare is placed below the level of concern of even simple disciplinary action against the offenders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join