It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Drunk Cops Shot At People This Week In NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

It's called personal accountability and it has nothing to to with excuses for why something happened. It's not the fault of anyone but the person who did it nor is it the fault of any other thing. Obviously these people had piss poor judgment...the problem is everyone looks for something to blame rather than the person who did wrong.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

It's called personal accountability and it has nothing to to with excuses for why something happened. It's not the fault of anyone but the person who did it nor is it the fault of any other thing. Obviously these people had piss poor judgment...the problem is everyone looks for something to blame rather than the person who did wrong.
I agree with you. I was also agreeing with shadow herder concerning peoples inability to accept that alcohol does very often play a part, and also how they disasociate it from drugs, even though thats exactly what it is.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yea it plays a part just like the guys life probably played a part too…I just get tired of the trend these days to blame everything for someones actions. Next thing you know they'll make another hand full of useless laws to add to the other bagillion on the books…then we can all have a fun time sitting in our padded cells letting our respective governments take care of us because we blamed everything possible and now nothings legal. Ya know?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

we tried banning alcohol.....it was called prohibition and was one of the more violent time periods in our history and one of the few where criminals were shooting at each other(and police and civilians ) with fully automatic BAR's Tommy guns and at times dynamite dont get me wrong im pro gun and anti alcohol but banning it wont work either look at the war on drugs or what happened during prohibition ......might stop some of the unemployment though as people form gangs and bootlegging operations again in large scale.
again dont get me wrong i am not a fan of booze and alcoholics etc but we tried it it didn't work and we should learn from that

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

yes, but you picked the wrong horse to back, as his statements were completely wrong...and this isn't personal opinion either, it's backed by numbers...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

originally posted by: Danbones
wouldn't be surprised if the real problem is SSRIs
and liquid stupidity
funny how at least in canada the bar man or server is responsible because they served such a one a drink

in a case like this i think they should take all the guns away from the whole police department for a week of active duty downtown...teach em some respect...

and fire the doctor that proscribed the likely SSRIs

Someone you knock you upside your stupid. I mean head. Wouldn't be surprised if the real problem was SSRI's or alcohol? Whey did any of the officers drink? the drinking or SSRI's were an effect.

whats the matter officer....over dose or miss a dose?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder
The problem is right in front of you yet you still ignore it. The problem was not guns but alcohol. The liquid that destroyed america.

Ban alcohol and soceity would have no need for guns considering that most crimes gun related or not have alcohol involved at some level.

This is too far advanced for the common man to understand.

We tried banning alcohol once before, it didn't work. We even have a modern day parallel in the war on drugs. I'm no fan of alcohol but it's not something we can ban with any sort of positive results.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
about time they introduced random breath tests for police on duty and while they are at it some drug testing...

I usually don't quote the Bible (nor read it very often, for that matter), but I came across this earlier and thought it to be somewhat relevant to all this:

"It is not for kings, O Lemuel--not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave beer, lest they drink and forget what the law decrees, and deprive all the oppressed of their rights."

-Proverbs 31:4-5

Again, not thumping by any means. Just throwing that out there as something that caught my eye today, translated by me as, "Don't allow the people in charge to get #faced. Bad things happen."

The time clock at the precinct definitely needs a breath tube coming off of it. The "State-Belligerence Interlock Device".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join