It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Drunk Cops Shot At People This Week In NYC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I've heard extreme sociopathy and alcoholism go hand-in-hand. Recent events would seem to lend truth to this theory:

Three Drunk Cops Shot At People This Week In NYC

The current trend began on Thursday, April 24, when two NYPD detectives who were supposed to be out investigating a robbery decided to take a detour at a local bar. The New York Daily News reported that each officer drank 11 beers before 57-year-old Jay Poggi – who’d reportedly also had a couple of shots – ended up shooting his partner Matthew Sullivan in the wrist.

Liquid courage, boys.

This past Tuesday, meanwhile, an off-duty police officer baffled investigators when he reportedly discharged his gun 13 times in the direction of a car that was stopped next to him at a traffic light. At this point, 27-year-old officer Brendan Cronin was heading home after a trip to the bar when he began firing at the car, hitting the man in the other car six times – in his arm, hand, and torso – before driving off.

Are we taking guns away from the right people?

Just a few hours after this incident, a female NYPD officer was involved in a drunk shooting incident in New Jersey. There are conflicting reports about what exactly occurred, but both the New York Post and Daily News stated that officer Wanda Anthony discharged her weapon during a domestic altercation.

The Post reported that Anthony fired her gun into the car of another woman, while the Daily News stated she fired “at least one round at a former boyfriend” and his new girlfriend.

"You love me, don't you? DON'T YOU?!"

I find it hard to believe there are actually people out there who think cops and military are the only ones who should be armed. We talk a lot (because it happens a lot) about police brutality by pigs-on-duty, but let's not forget that these people still have their guns after they've punched out and are walking anonymously among us.

And their personalities (psychoses) haven't changed. I think they should have to wear their uniforms at all times as a matter of public safety. So we know who to stay the hell away from.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
wouldn't be surprised if the real problem is SSRIs
and liquid stupidity
funny how at least in canada the bar man or server is responsible because they served such a one a drink

in a case like this i think they should take all the guns away from the whole police department for a week of active duty downtown...teach em some respect...

and fire the doctor that proscribed the likely SSRIs

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
about time they introduced random breath tests for police on duty and while they are at it some drug testing...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The problem is right in front of you yet you still ignore it. The problem was not guns but alcohol. The liquid that destroyed america.

Ban alcohol and soceity would have no need for guns considering that most crimes gun related or not have alcohol involved at some level.

This is too far advanced for the common man to understand.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

that is possibly one of the stupidest things i've ever read....

school shooters were drunk? holmes was drunk? the mall shooter was drunk? armed robery, mugging, rape, and domestic violence is a byproduct of too much drink?

i could go on, and on.....

you're nuts, and your claim is a lot of bunk...
edit on 3-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
we might not need any more al capones...
brew fueled model T's would however be good

sentencing to public ranges in local jails might help...haha, uniform on
no gun.
if you wanted to make a sport of it, throwing in a box of beer might help get the party started
edit on Satam5b20145America/Chicago51 by Danbones because: spelling as usually

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

school shooters were drunk? holmes was drunk? the mall shooter was drunk? armed robery, mugging, rape, and domestic violence is a byproduct of too much drink?

In all fairness, domestic violence usually does involve alcohol.

But we tried banning alcohol and Chicago turned into a black market war zone. I sense a touch of sarcasm in the post above suggesting it. I hope that's what it is, anyway.

As suggested by another member above, I would not be at all surprised if these cops were on anti-depressants... which may be only amplifying any latent psychotic tendencies.

And people with latent psychotic tendencies are their target recruit pool.

Speaking of anti-depressants. If a cop is mentally unstable enough to require medication, why are they even on duty? What's the point of psychological evaluations? Do they have rules about SSRI or MAOI medications?

Not that they'd follow such rules. They don't follow any others besides those maintaining the "blue line".

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I agree that alchohol and guns are a very dangerous mix....without proper protocols to separate the two from each other.....the chances are better than even that somebody will get antsy....or clumsy...or stupid....

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Is there any selection process for the NYPD anymore? I guess "standards" don't exist for them.

Seems like NYPD is more like the alcohol plus firearms club these days.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I agree that alchohol and guns are a very dangerous mix....without proper protocols to separate the two from each other.....the chances are better than even that somebody will get antsy....or clumsy...or stupid....

alcholol and guns don't mix...
that is true
and thats on top of guns and stupidity...or alcohol and stupidity...
even stupidity and stupidity doesn't mix well...
or two wrongs would make a right

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

that is possibly one of the stupidest things i've ever read....

i could go on, and on.....

you're nuts, and your claim is a lot of bunk...

Muggings are more than likely done with a drink or two or to get more booze, most rapes are alcohol related, domestic violence has much alcohol involvement. So sir, your post was the dumbest shtuff I read all night.

The story claims the cops were drinking and they used their gun, there lies the problem. Drinking, Sigh. People would cling on to a sinking ship if it made them feel good.

These people are most likely children of alcoholics. Many events led them to them using a gun, one thing for sure is that if a gun was not available none of these shootings would of happened.

Arguing with people who drink and explaining to them the disease which is alcohol. People raised by parents that drink have deep issues. The amount of unwanted children being born that are result of people who most likely would never had procreated do because they were drinking. These people grow up, they too become problems, cause problems.

People are way too unstable. I dont care who you are. Anyone has the capacity to lose their cool. If a gun is present the odds increase that someone will get shot, if those people are drinking those odds quadruple at least.

This isnt science, sorry to offend the previous drinker. Give him a star as you drink your drink and remember, your drink is damaging your brain which in turn makes you a compromised danger to sound minded men who do not damage their brains and think at a completely different level than most.

If you dont understand this then maybe you never will.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

again, bunk....now you attack alcohol, AND guns....

if there was no gun, they'd use something else...

and according to a study, alcohol is only involved in about 40% of all violent crimes...not even half, and here's the kicker..the study this is based on, is just over 15 years old...so it's outdated information...

so it's NOT the cause of, or a contributing factor in, MOST crime....it's a factor in less than half....

would you care to continue clinging to YOUR sinking ship?

and please, no more of this "i'm smarter than you, because you disagree with me" nonsense...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Last time it was made illegal it created the environment for organised crime to grow and thrive. It was called the prohibition era and it was very bloody and violent.

You should know this through basic education.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: Or at least the movies, think it through before you post yo

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Seems to me Alcohol and anything is a dangerous mix. When I was a kid driving to high school in the morning a cop was in front of me and threw a beer can out of his car window. Right then I knew the world was going to be a different place later in life. In my era we went through the burned out tail light thing to search the car, had the car torn apart because we were speeding. I survived, but the police were never nice. But I am glad they live in that world and I don't. Dealing with the worst that society has to offer everyday has to have a nasty effect.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Three is hardly a trend, and the fact that they happened to be cops and perpetrated an assault with a weapon (any weapon) in a drunken state...well I'd have to see the stats on the population as a whole before coming to any other conclusions.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
wouldn't be surprised if the real problem is SSRIs
and liquid stupidity
funny how at least in canada the bar man or server is responsible because they served such a one a drink

in a case like this i think they should take all the guns away from the whole police department for a week of active duty downtown...teach em some respect...

and fire the doctor that proscribed the likely SSRIs

Someone you knock you upside your stupid. I mean head. Wouldn't be surprised if the real problem was SSRI's or alcohol? Whey did any of the officers drink? the drinking or SSRI's were an effect.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
That's was one of the best response to the OP so far.

I think those who rake people over the coals as a job should be the first one's to be substance tested.

But then, how would one expect the system which they are an integral part of to prosecute and / or punish them for any type of abuse considering the system would have to hold itself to the same standards?.

Lead by example by controlling the evidence and facts and media and everything else?...

Not gonna happen unless a cog in the system fails to do what they're told or says or does the wrong thing and is sacrificed to cover a much bigger falsehood.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Lol. No. War on xxxx does not work.

Follow the law. Investigate it. This sounds like attempted murder to me, especially the domestic case. How do you know the drinking was not a cover for ill intent? If anything is covered up, then that is conspiracy against rights under color of law by all involved, including union lawyers. In addition, we could ask if this was attempted murder, and some felony rescue to boot. "Just say you were drinking...."

The law works both ways, especially for those whom have volenteered to uphold it, and the peace.

Time for trials, not excuses. If there is nothing there, trials will show it.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

We tried that once…If I remember correctly guns got used a ton more and more people were eating bullets. But hey not everyone can be bothered to think before they speak.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well said Sir!
Try telling them its a drug! I've watched people scream at me that I'm crazy for saying such a thing!
People often ask me where I drink. I say I dont drink. They reply with "ok, what pub/bar do you use" I say I dont. Thats when you see their tiny little minds start to get confused.

If someone who's high on dope shoots a person we see the headline "Drug crazed psycho shooter".
But when the shooter was high on alcohol we see something like "the shooter may have been drinking"

People just dont get it.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join