It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: What is your political ideology or affiliation?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Looking at the results, I guess that'll kill the 'ATS is a far right wing site' junk screamed by some ...

Ironically, the amount of stars on your post is clear evidence that there are more conservative-types here.

I think more of them just dumped their vote into "I have a combination of views from all political groups".

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Is it just me, or do all of these sudden ATS Polls reek a little of profiling?

edit on 4-5-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

Kind of scares me a little to be honest, and I may be being a little dramatic but... Yahoo used to be pretty politically balanced and it's site was purple...

...Several years ago they had a poll about political affiliations and, well. Let's just say the site is blue now. I hate when partisan political factions take over discussion forums because you can't have a reasonable conversation or bring a fresh perspective about anything to any topic; it's just the same old crap day in and day out and you'll be lambasted for thinking one way no matter how much proof you have to back it up.

You could go to a story about food and wine on Yahoo today and read the comments and see some way that the community has warped it into a topic about gays or immigrants. It's ridiculous.
edit on 4-5-2014 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
A system that's not led by lunatics, where everybody is treated as a human being, paid fairly and entitled for equal education. A society where science and philosophy is equally praised and common good is placed before that of the few.

A place where individualism, privacy and freedom of choice and speech is appreciated, but a place where unity will still be encouraged.

That's all I care about. You can't take your money to the grave.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tryptych
A system that's not led by lunatics, where everybody is treated as a human being, paid fairly and entitled for equal education.

Don't let insurance companies, banks, and licencing bureaus hear you say that.

You'll be labelled a terrorist, Russian spy, or witch depending on your era of origin.

Hopefully it's not the former; you don't need to be given a trial to end up in Guantanamo Bay.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRegal
Ironically, the amount of stars on your post is clear evidence that there are more conservative-types here..

No. It says that people are being tired of being called 'far right conservative' simply because they can see through Obama's B.S.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I am Green. I was surprised at the results, very interesting poll.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Mind you, the NSA is watching...for future reference.. or not.
edit on 4/5/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord Mine is................If you cant run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRegal

Don't let insurance companies, banks, and licencing bureaus hear you say that.

You'll be labelled a terrorist, Russian spy, or witch depending on your era of origin.

Define "witch"?

Oh yeah, add some green mentality to that list of mine, but more on a personal level.

EDIT: I think it's important for all truthsayers to avoid ANY classification and marginalization and just spill the beans. Just ram the truth.
edit on 4/5/2014 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: smithjustinb
Libertarian with a very strong conservative/constitutional leaning. Who's with me?

Ummm...Give me Liberty........or get the hell out of my way.

It was a toss up between either of the Libertarian choices, to be honest. But I settled for the same one you did because it mentioned the Constitution..........the strong conservative aspect was more a "meh" moment.....Now if only that were changed to "common sense"..........but then it would have to be common and I fear that trait is rather uncommon and not attributable to the greater unwashed or "progressive" genetic makeup....

Perhaps a eulogy is in order...?

YouSir

GIVE ME LIBERTY!

Meanwhile, in the real world, the modern American brand of libertarianism fills the same sort of niche on the far right that communism does on the far left.

They're both unworkable ideologies built around and entirely reliant upon unsound, heterodox economic theories that are themselves premised on axiomatic models of human behavior which have nothing to do with reality.

An appeal to "common sense" is simply an appeal to ignorance — a ploy of propagandists who pander to intellectual laziness.

Ummm...Providing of course that you even knew how I personally defined Libertarianism...Or if I were aligned with either branch ideologically...as opposed to only agreeing to some aspects or aligning myself with certain principles...per se.

I also agree that Libertarianism is certainly opposed to the standard unworkable economic models presented by the "duality as one" system you would champion...Face it...your model is failing...miserably.

As for axiomatic models...What part of "we hold these truths to be self evident" do you find unrelated to realism...?
Personally I find that certain aspects of human behavior are indeed "self evident", and, one can even characterize models of behavior that are inclusive of abilities not necessarily pertaining to the norm....I.E., "common sense"...

It can verifiably, be argued that certain individuals have the ability to analyze minimal facts or otherwise unrelated events and conclude convergence where most persons would fail to make connections. In fact these abilities are paramount in detective/investigative fields.....while some part is due to training the greater part is innate and quite uncommon...

So while your opinion is well and good for you...in your sphere of one...it simply has no bearing on the normative or position beyond your singular perspective...

Perhaps....rather than equate others to "panderer's of intellectual laziness"...you should treat yourself to further education in your occult abilities...

To conclude...LIBERTY...in a more personalized note, would include the precept that...one is left to their own devices, providing one caused no harm to any other...you see Libertarianism requires one to be responsible for "self", and ones actions...and to make right the result of accident or non-consideration...

YouSir

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Where exactly is the option for Neo-Marxist (or something similar to this)?

I am very much in favor of the equalization of wealth, but I'm in no way a Communist. Communism has failed miserably, in part because the party-elite developed into some kind of Bourgeoisie itself that took advantage of the working class and partly because it relied on a fraud monetary system, the stability of which depended on influx of external wealth that was scared away by the party's ideology and practice. Supporting a system like this would be shortsighted and counterproductive.

Please present us with an option similar to the one I presented and/or the Zeitgeist-ideology (which is in now way similar to Communism).

Thanks in advance.

edit on 4/5/14 by Cerdofuego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRegal

NEITHER are true.

However, I'm pressed for time and won't have a substantive response until later.

I will note that the globalist oligarchy are masters at

1. playing all ends against the middle
2. using all ends to destroy the current world order

3. defining all categories, interest groups etc. in ways which further their genocidal, destructive, tyrannical goals

4. manipulating all sides, categories, interest groups toward their wholesale destruction of the current 'order of cultures and society' toward the building on said ashes the NWO.

Wisdom sees through the shallow propagandist aspects of their game to the underlying strategies and manipulations.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hardline Teabertarian with liberally conservative socio-anarchist tendencies.

And Glee...I like Glee.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm not defined. I find that people who need ideologies usually don't want the responsibility for thinking things through for themselves. Political ideologies usually only serve politicians, so that they may polarize the sheeple. In the US gov, political ideologies are just what politicians use to keep people distracted from the real issues, or to defend the wealthiest of their constituents, but basically they do nothing but maintain the status quo.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

My views are a combination of all political dogma.. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is what the majority are.

Especially in American politics.

We have all sides playing to prejidices to 'win'.

American politics has never been about 'truth'.

American politics has never been about 'facts'.

American politics is about the PERCEPTION of both.

Whoever is the better spin master 'wins' the game.

Dogma is the word of the day because it is about incontrovertibly 'true', and 'faith'.

I would have answered the poll but some of the names I get called on here wasn't listed.

Everything from racist to warmonger to 'neocon'.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Not really.

It 'reeks' of "Look a new toy!"

Not everything is a plot.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Prepare for some unexpected surprises in the results.

In this polling system, I can filter responses by the country of those responding.

We'll give it a few more days, to get more data, before I reveal the interesting insights.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
So you are going to make a vote map then?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

That pretty much sums up the Chinese..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join