I'm sure this photo is easy to explain...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gavron
A quick look in photoshop shows a rather sloppy cut/paste job on the helicopters and especially the "ufo". This is just a fake, and a pretty bad one at that.
I have known the person who took this photo my whole life. He has absolutely no interest nor thought about these kinds of things. He is not a "photo shop" kind of guy to begin with. But all of that is just my opinion from having grown up with him and I don't expect you or anyone to take my or his word for it.

I don't believe, however, that you can have much experience looking at things like this though based on your response that the helicopters were photo shopped also. I would think someone who does could look and tell it wasn't photo shopped rather easily. The more likely explanation is that it's a bird or bug flying in front of the camera.
edit on 3-5-2014 by CrawlingKingsnake because: cleaning up a bad phone reply job

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingKingsnake

I would personally believe this to be a ufo before I believed he photo shopped it and I don't believe this to be a ufo.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Looks to me like a group of helicopters doing a fly by and a bird in the closer foreground flying across the plane of the lens at a different angle to the helos and it just created a happy coincidence.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I take into account what others are saying here..so to judge this conclusively beyond doubt is difficult with what we have...but..i must say my first impressions were, that it distinctly reminded me of this UFO recently documented in Holland.

In this link www.ufo-blogger.com...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
Four choppers chasing a ufo?

I don't know.
I inverted the colors and this is what I got. Is it normal that there is a square around the ufo?
Or is that the pixels,because I zoomed it up to a 1000 pixels from 300.

I find it interesting that it looks like the rotors of all 4 choppers were caught in exactly the same position. Were they copied and pasted from one helo picture?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why would the rotors of the helicopters being CLOSE to the same position exclude this from being real?

I mean it could be a bird but to me this definitely looks interesting.

Good post and thanks for sharing it.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I don't know.
I inverted the colors and this is what I got. Is it normal that there is a square around the ufo?

I find it interesting that it looks like the rotors of all 4 choppers were caught in exactly the same position. Were they copied and pasted from one helo picture?

If you are referring to the picture in the post you quoted then you should have a second look.

The rotors are clearly NOT in the same position.
If you look at even ONE blade on the two copters then one is at HalfPastTwelve and the other is more like OneO'clock

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thalestris
Looks to me like a group of helicopters doing a fly by and a bird in the closer foreground flying across the plane of the lens at a different angle to the helos and it just created a happy coincidence.

I am inclined to believe the same thing, but I just found the picture too coincidental and interesting not to post for discussion..

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingKingsnake
I don't believe, however, that you can have much experience looking at things like this though based on your response that the helicopters were photo shopped also. I would think someone who does could look and tell it wasn't photo shopped rather easily. The more likely explanation is that it's a bird or bug flying in front of the camera.

That Photoshop interpretation is usually the result of people seeing the squares (or the rectangles created by those squares) created by the JPEG compression and confusing them with badly made cut/paste jobs (probably the only type of cut/paste job they can do with Photoshop).

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Blurd in the foreground.

I'm more curious about the helicopters flying in formation.
edit on 3-5-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I agree and didn't mean to sound rude in my response to that poster. I was frustrated with the phone posting issues and cut my response short and hastily.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
For those saying that all the helicopters have the rotors in the same position, only the first and the third have them in similar positions, as this animation shows.
The helicopters were numbered from 1 to 4 from left to right.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2
We live pretty close to Fort Campbell Air Force Base, so aircraft passing overhead in formation is fairly common.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I noticed that I haven't posted my opinion about the photo.

I think it's a bird closer to the camera, for at least three reasons:
1 - people ignore things that they are used to see when concentrating on something else, so someone taking a photo of a helicopter formation would ignore a bird flying close by;
2 - the shape looks like a bird in flight, with the wings closed or perpendicular to the body and the camera;
3 - it's slightly more blurred than the helicopters, probably meaning that it was moving in relation to them and as seen from the camera, as it would happen to a bird flying relatively close to the camera and with a higher angular velocity than the helicopters when seen from the camera's point of view.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The helos look like the OH-6 Cayuse.

On second thought, maybe not. Those nose is a little more pointy than the Cayuse
edit on 3-5-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I would also go with a bird in the foreground.

Not noticing it when taking the picture is a natural thing as the person who took the picture was concentrating on snapping the helicopters.

Nice pic !!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I don't know.

You have just proven this photo is "shopped". Well done!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It's a bird - obviously much closer to the camera than the helicopters.

I've caught quite a few like that over the years.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i see 4 locusts and a flying saucer

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

More like proved it's been JPEG compressed at some point.

Do people never blow up their own photos? If they did they'd see these artefacts all the time.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join