It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I don't know too much about Obamacare since I am not American.Therefore,can you answer these questions ?

1)Did you joined Obamacare?
2)(If you joined Obamacare )How much money you have to pay into Obamacare?
3)Do you feel Obamacare can give you necessary help when you are sick?How about the service quality?
4)If you paid money into Obamacare,do you feel it's too expensive?(or too cheap?)
5)If you don't want to join Obamacare,how to avoid it ?

`(*∩_∩*)′

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

That's an awful lot of questions imo.
ATS is full of threads about this topic if you are looking for answers.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The old ATS search is your friend:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I read some of threads about it ,but I think those questions on the first post would got different answers by different individual.
Like "How much money you have to pay into Obamacare? ", the number should be different by different individual,right ?
edit on 2-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

3)Do you feel Obamacare can give you necessary help when you are sick?How about the service quality?
4)If you paid money into Obamacare,do you feel it's too expensive?(or too cheap?

1) No.
2) N/A
3) No and no.
4) In my case $K- $6K per year with $5000 deductible. What do you think?
5) Just say no (and pay the fine.)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I ork for a religious organization, so currently, we are exempt from Obamacare.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

4) In my case $K- $6K per year with $5000 deductible. What do you think?
5) Just say no (and pay the fine.)

What is " In my case $K- $6K per year with $5000 deductible."
I don't know about it's cheap or not in U.S. price,you can just say what do you feel about it.

I thought people can avoid it by "JOIN "a religion .

originally posted by: beezzer

I ork for a religious organization, so currently, we are exempt from Obamacare.

What kind of religion ?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
(remove this,mods )
Carelessly added more than 1 replies ...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Catholic.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Catholic.

Don't understand why "work“ for a religious organization can exempt from Obamacare...

Can you choose to join Obamacare?Would you?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Obamacare is legislation.
it mandates what insurance companies have to have in a health plan.
You buy your insurance from a healthcare insurance company.
Costs varies from plan to plan and with the size of the deductible.

Sercice quality depends on your insurance provider and the healthcare
facilities you go to.

on some of the deductibles i have seen i have no idea how they
still expect some people to still afford to get healthcare.

$5000 to $10000 for deductibles is still pretty high to pay for a lot of people.

i do like the idea of everyone having healthcare, i just don't thing obamacare was the way to do it.

edit on 2-5-2014 by ishum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick

Catholic.

Don't understand why "work“ for a religious organization can exempt from Obamacare...

Can you choose to join Obamacare?Would you?

No. Not even at gun point.

But I am not a rancher in Nevada, yet.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Obamacare is called the Affordable Care Act, meaning that it's supposed to make health care affordable. It is trying to do that through insurance. Insurance is when everybody is paying money all the time, even when they are not sick, to pay for the people who are sick. Insurance needs healthy people to pay for insurance even when they are not sick, so a lot of healthy people think that they won't need insurance and are angry about paying.

Obamacare was supposed to make it so that no one pays more than 11% of what they earn. That isn't happening so good right now. Also, some insurance companies make you pay for doctors visits and such from your own money until a certain amount, like $5,000, even though they may be paying $500 every month in insurance bills already.

Some people are mad that their insurance money pays for other people's drugs and operations that their religion is against. But not all religious people get to stop making their insurance payments every month. Some religious people are asking to be allowed to not pay for some things that they don't like. That's what the Supreme Court will decide soon.

I hope that helps

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

What is " In my case $K- $6K per year with $5000 deductible."
I don't know about it's cheap or not in U.S. price,you can just say what do you feel about it.

In my case the only remote option is to choose the bronze plan. The cheapest because frankly I couldn't afford anything else. Well actually I couldn't afford a $500 per month payment at all so I opted out. The fine (this year) from the tax Nazis is very small though they'll increase it each year until they crush us.

Really when you're budgeting just to be able to eat do you really think anyone can afford an additional $500 per month? Geez, if I had that kind of money I'd have bought a new truck or something.

Additionally the $5K deductible is up front. Dying.. no one cares unless you pay up (hospitals included.) If people can't pay the $500 then what's the chance they have a spare $5K laying around for deductibles?

Better to pay the fine and die on your own without big brother squeezing the last few coppers from your corpse.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Your reply seem quite objective and helpful...but this thread is asking what do you feel about it...

a reply to: ishum

Do you feel it's too high ?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I don't know yet. I couldn't afford insurance and didn't have any for the past 6 years. My "Obamacare" starts this month. I"m glad to have health coverage. My payment is small and I can afford it. I don't know how well it will suit me. I don't have any major illnesses. So, We'll see.

edit on 3-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

it seems high to me.
considering to many make very low wages anymore.
the middle class is being destroyed so eventually, i feel, more and more
people will be needing the subsidies. i just don't see obamacare as being sustainable
for very long. maybe if they were getting more family wage jobs in the country.

really think there's going to have to be alot(for the guy with the rant) of rewriting
to make it work.

in a way id have rather seen them just go to a single payer. i know alot people don't like that either.
but i think it would have been easier in someways. it would have gotten rid of the insurance companies altogether.
all that many that went to the executives could have gone to pay for the insurance coverage.
i don't like the idea of someone making $100s of thousands or even millions in wages or bonuses for
turning people away or canceling their coverage when they need it.

peoples health is way to important for greedy middlemen.

but, at the same time, i want the government to work within the constitution.
it doesn't specifically give the feds that power...... so i dunno.

edit on 3-5-2014 by ishum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick
I don't know too much about Obamacare since I am not American.Therefore,can you answer these questions ?

No I did not sign up for the travesty presently called "Obamacare".

I did not join, but did go through the entire process to find out how much My premiums would be. For just myself (not my daughter or husband) I was looking at about $1,000 per month. I did check more than once and the first check had me paying over that amount per month with around a $6,000 deductable to boot.

Since I would not be able to keep my doctor and my plan would not pay for pain management... No. I do not feel that it would have helped me. As a matter of fact, it would have hindered me since I would have had to pay sky high premiums and deductibles but would not be able to use the insurance for what I would have need it for most often.

4)If you paid money into Obamacare,do you feel it's too expensive?(or too cheap?)

I did not get a chance to pay any money in as I can not afford the monthly premiums to begin with. If I had that amount of money to play with, I would have been insured before Obamacare came along. I turned down insurance that was cheaper than that because I couldn't afford it. I certainly can't afford it now that Obama has made it "more" affordable. Irony.

The only way I can avoid it is by paying the penalty tax/fine/fee for others to be able to afford their "free" insurance at the end of the year. I think Native Americans can claim exempt and maybe a few other sects of folks... But I can't, so I really haven't looked too deep into it.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

In my case the only remote option is to choose the bronze plan.

Oh~there's different colors of plans?How about Gold and Platinum plan?

Well actually I couldn't afford a $500 per month payment at all so I opted out.

Therefore ,the minimum amount of the Obama care is $500 per month?

The fine (this year) from the tax Nazis is very small though they'll increase it each year until they crush us.

Really ?How about the % in next year ?Seem a effective way to earn money.

Additionally the $5K deductible is up front. Dying.. no one cares unless you pay up (hospitals included.) If people can't pay the $500 then what's the chance they have a spare $5K laying around for deductibles?

I see something here ...If you are a very sick person (Genetic disease),you must go to hospital every month ,but you don't have a job since your illness (no money to pay the $500),then this is a way to kill you ,right ?

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Since I would not be able to keep my doctor and my plan would not pay for pain management... No. I do not feel that it would have helped me. As a matter of fact, it would have hindered me since I would have had to pay sky high premiums and deductibles but would not be able to use the insurance for what I would have need it for most often.

Is it very unfriendly to chronically ill patients?
edit on 3-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

If you want to see the costs of Obamacare, this is the most direct source for the numbers by State, then County then Plan type. It also sorts by Region code.

Individual Medical Landscape

It's a big dataset to work with, but before tax subsidies (to those who qualify) and other things thrown in to raise or lower it, those are the base rates for the healthcare.gov site, as I understand it.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

If you want to see the costs of Obamacare, this is the most direct source for the numbers by State, then County then Plan type. It also sorts by Region code.

Individual Medical Landscape

It's a big dataset to work with, but before tax subsidies (to those who qualify) and other things thrown in to raise or lower it, those are the base rates for the healthcare.gov site, as I understand it.

Thank for the link ,but you don't want to tell me how much you paid ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join