It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repubs VS Dems & ObamaCare = Dog and Pony Show (It's All An Act)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Tired........
There is no other word that can be used to explain my current state of mind over our government.
I am tired...of ALL of them.
I have been saying for a while that our voting system is rigged. They already know who will hold what seats and when.
What you see playing out every two years is all an act.
These people, once "elected", have absolutely no monetary worries for life. They continued getting paid, in office or out.

I would like to bring your attention to the fact that the Republican run house has tried to bring up legislation on repealing the ACA at least 50 times.
My question is why?
They know that it will in no way, shape or form pass the Democrat held Senate.
So why?
For the SHOW!
Dose anyone, at this point, really believe they want the ACA repealed?
I feel sorry for them that do.

I would like to also bring to your attention the following article.

WASHINGTON (AP) - At the prodding of business organizations, House Republicans quietly secured a recent change in President Barack Obama's health law to expand coverage choices, a striking, one-of-a-kind departure from dozens of high-decibel attempts to repeal or dismember it.

In this case, though, large business organizations that support repeal pressed Republicans to make the change.
apnews.myway.com...

I know that many, who tow their party line, will say "They are just trying to fix the parts that need fixing until they can repeal it".
My response to such thinking is that YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!
And, don't let your Party lines become Trip Wires.

IT'S ALL FOR SHOW.
This law will NEVER be repealed, unless it is done BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE!
(Well, perhaps that is not entirely true. If big Buisness wants it done, it will get done).
I have said it before and I will say it once again......
The ACA was meant as a bailout for the Insurance Companies. It was not meant to help ONE single American.
If you actually on it and like it, that's great. But before you post about how great it is, look into how many are getting screwed at you expense.
Quad
(Mods, if you feel this would be better off in the "Rant" forum, I will totally understand. This is actually not the thread I had in mind when I started. I am just tired.)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

The GOP reminds me of the guy who always says, "Hold me back" right before a fight.

Yet once fists start flying, this is the same guy who slinks away to the corner of the bar an tries to hit on the bartender.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

The GOP reminds me of the guy who always says, "Hold me back" right before a fight.

Yet once fists start flying, this is the same guy who slinks away to the corner of the bar an tries to hit on the bartender.

Uh Oh, I did that once. But in my defence, she was cute and made a very good whiskey sour.

On a serious side though, we got to do something. I would say that "we should all vote for anyone who's not Repub. or Dem." but as I stated in the OP, I don't have any faith left in elections.
I am at a loss.
Quad

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Screw national elections.

Start local.

Get involved.

My humble opinion.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Don't worry they will "Fix IT" ----then it will be even worse...

In fact ,Obamacare is setup so they have to come back and "Fix IT" every few years ..

One of the major questions that many confused voters within the political right continually ask often gravitates around why some Republicans seem to support repair of Obamacare over repeal; however, the answer to that particular question is not as difficult as many might imagine.

One need only follow the money.

If we look at the major Obamacare Exchange health insurance players,, heavy-hitters for campaign contributions and lobbying-- and delve deeply into who their major political donation recipients actually are--the question becomes elementary.

The Secret Behind Why Some Republicans Support Repair over Repeal
edit on 3-5-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Good advice beez but easier said than done.
With all the ot I am working it is hard to get "involved" in anything.
There are little things I try to do.
One of the biggest is just talking to people, yet that is taxing as well because most just want to talk about "their teams" or their favorite TV show.
I was just talking to a younger gentleman about the ACA, his response............"what's the ACA? "
No joke!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

One of the biggest is just talking to people, yet that is taxing as well because most just want to talk about "their teams" or their favorite TV show.
I was just talking to a younger gentleman about the ACA, his response............"what's the ACA? "
No joke!

Can you blame many of them? Well... Okay.. Maybe we can..but I'd say it's not at all surprising, anyway.

America and the West to a larger degree than ever before is developing collective ADD and aversion to negativity, as I've recently heard it called. Negativity pretty well covers the main section from front to rear in any major newspaper in the world. (Some Islands in Oceania may be exceptions...the fact we don't know is why they would be.)

Until 2001, those in Government were paid to go do Government stuff and generally not bother us little people running around and making the money to pay for that Government stuff. Stupid and well thought out stuff, alike. It wasn't made a part of our every day lives and no President in my living memory has occupied the television more consistently, day after day, often reinforcing all that bad, than this one.

After 2001, it's thrown the other extreme to every threat, fear, concern, issue and problem those Government people have, becomes OUR personal thing to think about and as often as not, feel guilty or bad about. It's a daily flow and has been for years. One crisis into another and always looking forward, because another big thing to hit will be coming soon enough.

Overloading the people works as well as overloading the system...to a similar end result, IMO.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Misinformation
Seems to be an interesting piece but I couldn't get it to pull up "The Top 15 GOP Recipients". When I hit "read more" it would take me back to the home page.
The link takes you to the homepage as well. I had to go into the "news" section to find the article you linked.
Could you perhaps paste the top 15 recipients here?
I am on my phone so perhaps that's the problem.
Thanks

edit on 3-5-2014 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Wabbit,
I like most of your post but this one just depressed the hell out of me.
It's true but I don't have to like it.
Seriously though, how out of touch with reality would someone almost 30 years old (the young gentleman I spoke of) have to be, not to know what the ACA is?

Willfully ignorant because they can't take the negative implications of the world around them, Or just ignorant?
I am on the fence on this one.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

How many people honestly think Obamacare IS a program in itself, and not simply a radical transformation of the medicare/medicaid systems with the requirement to buy personal health insurance now a part of life?

It may really be that calling it Obamacare has been a bad thing overall. Perhaps it has given many the wrong impression vs. calling it the PPACA and thousands of regulations bundled to redefine health in our nation, on all levels.

I agree with you about the level of naive ignorance to basic current events out there. It's just becoming the norm. What is "known" is wrong, more often than not, and so it goes to pass along.

I tend to try and be understanding though, because whatever the level of good times in Washington and Wall Street? Main street still hurts badly, and folks are busy and stressed to just hold what they have during this period, IMO.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was thinking along the same lines about government here in Australia of good cop/bad cop lines,good cop spends ridiculous amounts of money and mismanages economy and is dismissed for that and bad cop takes the razor to spending and cuts welfare and societal safety nets and gets dismissed for that whilst all the while citizens pay more and corporations less,maybe it all is a game

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum
It is a game. The sad part Is that we are not even playing yet we are losing.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

It's not your phone ,,the site wont except outside linking

www.conservativerefocus.com...

Blue Cross campaign contributions

American Hospital Assn campaign contributions

top 10 GOP recipients of Blue Cross/Blue Shield contributions ;

McConnell, Mitch (R-KY) Senate $26,000

Cornyn, John (R-TX) Senate $22,800

Byrne, Bradley (R-AL) House $20,500

Camp, Dave (R-MI) House $20,500

Toomey, Pat (R-PA) Senate $17,850

Scott, Tim (R-SC) Senate $15,500

Upton, Fred (R-MI) House $15,500

Meehan, Patrick (R-PA) House $13,200

Walden, Greg (R-OR) House$13,000

McMorris Rodgers, Cathy (R-WA) House $12,500

edit on 3-5-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Obamacare has already been bought and paid for by Big Pharma and Big Insurance.
It is not going away.
The Oligarch look after their own but pretend that the little people have a choice while stuffing their wallets with money.
The rich politicians and Corporate Heads want you and every other American to foot the bill to prop them up.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Both sides work for banker bribes so vote for who you like but nothing will change.

I've lost count of the number of times Obama or Bush have lied, they are taking one for their masters and saying what you are told to say brings in a bigger bonus.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation

It's not your phone ,,the site wont except outside linking

www.conservativerefocus.com...

Blue Cross campaign contributions

American Hospital Assn campaign contributions

top 10 GOP recipients of Blue Cross/Blue Shield contributions ;

McConnell, Mitch (R-KY) Senate $26,000

Cornyn, John (R-TX) Senate $22,800

Byrne, Bradley (R-AL) House $20,500

Camp, Dave (R-MI) House $20,500

Toomey, Pat (R-PA) Senate $17,850

Scott, Tim (R-SC) Senate $15,500

Upton, Fred (R-MI) House $15,500

Meehan, Patrick (R-PA) House $13,200

Walden, Greg (R-OR) House$13,000

McMorris Rodgers, Cathy (R-WA) House $12,500

Thanks for pasting the info. This kinda confirms what I was thinking.

We really need to find a way to get rid of lobbyists. The sad part is many in congress now, when voted out or retire, will become lobbyists.
Each party should have a cap on the donations they receive as well.
If someone was to prove to me that elections were not fixed I could show them how they are bought instead.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

Obamacare has already been bought and paid for by Big Pharma and Big Insurance.
It is not going away.
The Oligarch look after their own but pretend that the little people have a choice while stuffing their wallets with money.
The rich politicians and Corporate Heads want you and every other American to foot the bill to prop them up.

Thank you! This is pretty much the point I was trying to make.

new topics

top topics

join