It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 8, Killed Defending Sister From Rapist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It must be so rough for you guys over in the US
Used to live in Boston 95-96 so I've allways kept a keen eye on what ever goes on over there, both good and bad news. You ought to pay Scandinavia a visit if you are thinking of moving somewhere safer! Sure our politics are far from perfect, and murders do occur once in a while like the rest of the world
but compared to the currect state of what I'm reading/hearing about North America it truley seems like living in heaven over here, not an understatement lol

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: nenothtu

My heart aint no harp with strings to be played. Its obvious who's heart strings are being pulled in this thread.

Yes, it is. Some of us don't really care to try and understand the poor little misunderstood dears, nor will we attempt to make excuses for their bad behavior, and expound on how it "wasn't their fault - they were only doing what they did, and couldn't help themselves".

Some of us are just plain heartless when it comes to defending our own.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SirDrinksalot

We put rabid animals down all the time. What is the difference? If the individual is sick enough not to hurt others fatally, then they should be considered rabid. We do not need to suffer the company of violent animals.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

So, are you willing to allow the person to play and keep company with you children, nieces, grandchildren? Are you ready to look at the family next door after he does the same to their children? You are a very sick individual, aren't you?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I lived not even 2 miles from where this happened. It is also about that close to the new years day murder of an entire family who were bound and killed in their basement. Glad I moved away from Richmond, there's much to love about the city but after an attempted mugging on my wife I couldn't take it anymore.
My condolences to the family of this young boy who showed such fearlessness in the face of overwhelming odds. I can only pray I would have the same courage to do whatever was necessary regardless of the outcome. He acted as a man even though he was only 8. The world is a poorer place for his loss.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

"wasn't their fault - they were only doing what they did, and couldn't help themselves".

You have used quotation marks, are you quoting yourself as you are the only one saying such.

Vengeance is a great defense.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: searching411
a reply to: InhaleExhale

So, are you willing to allow the person to play and keep company with you children, nieces, grandchildren? Are you ready to look at the family next door after he does the same to their children? You are a very sick individual, aren't you?

I guess in your eyes I am.

Exactly my point about emotional responses.

Sorry you are so quick to judge as well.

No I am not willing to do anything your ignorant mind can conceive, its filled with a darkness that has blinded you and now needs to create your own little picture of more monsters out there, me being one of them.

Why am I sick individual?

Was it because I didn't pick up my pitch fork like all the good town folk and head out for a lynching by condemning another to a slow painful death and eternity in hell?

I actually glad to viewed as sick in your mind, maybe you will keep your distance and not catch my disease.

Its a sick occurrence like this that bring out the sickness in others yet many of those others fail to see the sickness in themselves and attack those wish not to judge.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Virginia teenager arrested in killing of 8-year-old boy trying to save sister from being raped

An unidentified 16-year-old boy has been charged with killing Martin Cobb, who tried to prevent rape of his big sister. The two were playing on Richmond railroad tracks when attacker grabbed 12-year-old girl.

Investigators initially were searching for a white male suspect with scraggly facial hair, based on information from the girl, who was attacked Thursday as she played with her little brother along railroad tracks behind their home.

But police later learned the girl had been threatened and intimidated into giving a false description. The attacker was actually a teenage black male, investigators learned.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Poor little hero probably didn't know what was going on.

If you didn't know any better, you'd think the sister that was raped was protecting her rapist.

But, of course, we know better, right?

originally posted by: NightFlight
You know, I hope it takes 50 minutes for his lethal injection to "work".

The chance of death penalty here is less than slim to none.

Consider yourself lucky if the perpetrator even sees a little jail time because he is a minor.

The boy's identity was even withheld by the police.

Overwhelmed by puberty, no doubt; under the influence of testosterone.
edit on 4-5-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

First, I'd like to preface my comments with the statement that I am very glad you've not had to deal with many predatory psychopaths in your day. Really, I am. It would be great if none of us ever had to, and I'm really, seriously glad that you haven't.

Wrong again. Come live under a bridge with me (down on the tracks), I'll show you psychos and deviants of every flavor.

Don't see any kids there, though. Most parents teach their kids not to play on the rail road tracks.

The other missing "parental guardian" element to this horrible story.

You are applying civilized principles from an adult perspective to this story from your "always been combat trained and mean as a s*** house rat" POV. Thats fine. Too bad you weren't there.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Again, too many Disney movies. An average 8 year old does not have the strength, height, weight or experience to damage an adult in any capacity, even if it is delivered to the testicles.
edit on 4-5-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

It's hard to read your posts...it's like the only thing you know about fighting you learned from "3 little ninjas".

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu
There simply are not adequate words for a response to this drivel, and the rest of your drivelous post.

Feel free to work on your vocabulary whenever it pleases you.

Who would YOU blame for a rapist? the corner grocer? The newspaper boy for delivering the news? Not me - i place the blame for actions on the actor. I don't look around for someone else to pin the blame to in an effort to excuse the behavior.

Responsbility for the actions rests on the criminal but the blame for the criminals existence on society. That is why there is such a great disparity in the number and types of crimes in each different society.

There ain't no excuse for it.

And yet he will make excuses because the way he was brought up ( without correction by the larger society) he probably believes that there are valid reasons for his actions. Sure us civilized people ( well maybe not you murderous&judgemental lot) people wont accept any excuses but we will do our best to address WHY he 'felt' that he should do this instead of focusing on the fact that he did.

maybe you could start some sort of fund to provide rapists everywhere with milk and cookies when you tuck them in at night.

Maybe if we were all on the lookout for broken families and broken individuals and tried to help them or get them helped we would not have to end up screaming at each other about how obviously inexcusable murder&rape is?

That would appear to be about your speed.

You would have to have quite a bit more insight to get up to my speed since what you are advocating is that we keep doing what has mostly been done for the last 4 thousand years of human civilization which never eradicated the 'criminal' gene's or elements from society.
But lets just repeat history and hope it works out this time!

We would have to agree what the cause IS before even having a hope of addressing it. The action, on the other hand, can be and has been for millennia before today handled forthwith, and when done properly, that individual never transgressed again.

We already know what the cause is ( social and economic injustice with some genetics sometimes thrown in) but we can not address the problem because the way society is currently set up keeps the 1% where they are and the 10% close enough to dream about it. Therefor the only way we can effectively deal( or pretend to deal with them) is to lock them up forever or to kill them since they refuse to change and 'we' ( the rest) don't really understand the why of criminalty!

Some people simply have no business existing in a functional society, and that society has to protect itself from psychopaths of that sort. If it does not, it will not function long.

They sure do not in the state they are in ( beside for the fact that some of them run our society and all) but society largely don't know about the criminalty at the top of the chain and are pressed to believe that the best way to deal with the criminals the system creates at the bottom by violent means.
The one thing the both the criminals at the bottom and at the top understands is that terror and secrecy works very well and that's why the criminals at the top are so often empored by our fear of the criminals at the bottom.

Today's "kinder, gentler" society will not last long if it does not learn to defend itself.
It's psychopaths will brick it in the head like a child. It will never mature.

How do you arrive at 'kinder' and gentler when i never suggested that we should treat criminals with with respect or somehow 'be nice' to them? What i am apparently failing to make you understand is that we should be focusing on changing our society ( which is what most people want anyways) to forms that will stop creating the criminals that we then wont have to execute or mistreat in our attempts to 'do justice' or teach them some kind of lesson! The only sure thing that results from fighting violence with violence is that there will be more violence in the long run even if there is a 'winner' in the short term.

Unless we change our system of the glorification of personal wealth trough personal power we should not be surprised that those without wealth should pursu ' self empowerment' trough naked violence.

Stellar

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17881301]nenothtu[
I agree. Sexual offenders are the one sort of criminal that can't be cured or deterred. The objective in x-ing them out is not deterrence of others, it's eliminating the danger THAT ONE presents. If they are eliminated, then THAT ONE will never do it again.

Which isn't actually true. The facts are that some sexual predators can be effectively treated but as i understand it takes a a very good system and even then it's not even 50/50. Again policing and justice is the way we deal with the fallout from a sickness in societies and unless we deal with the root causes we will still have these types around a thousand years from now.

It's not about vengeance or deterrence. It's about protecting society, our women and children, from dangerous predators.

And the best protection would be to prevent these personalities from coming into existence and not to try to catch them on their third or fourth offense.... The way to do that is , you guessed it! Change our socio-economic models!

This boy GAVE HIS LIFE in defense of his own. Make that count - eliminate the threat that did him in. Don't allow that predator to get at any more kids.

This kid will never kill again and killing him or others like him only makes sick people feel better without removing any of the predators that are still out there. We can keep catching and taking them out of society but unless we collective address the root cause.....

Stellar

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I've already said how I feel as a father and grandfather...

The additions to what I read earlier today add to the weight of my sadness, but I firmly believe that anyone who would use any of it to add a bias one way or the other is NOT helping.

One thing I WILL say is that, regardless of the topic, I think the instant that anyone starts injecting words like, IDIOT, MORON, etc... It should be reported immediately to the moderators and a "two-strike" rule strictly imposed.

Disagreement is one thing, demeaning insults are another. I don't put this kind of intercourse in a different bucket than the guys I used to play music with that divided the world of music into two clearly defined categories... The stuff they liked was Amazing and everything else SUCKED!

If you can't handle a difference of opinion better than that then you have no business on an adult forum, imo.
edit on C2014Sun, 04 May 2014 18:51:39 -05005th06u2014-05-04T18:51:39-05:00kAmerica/Chicago by CornShucker because: typo, again...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Lynchin'

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Amazing that anyone can defend psychopaths that kill children or molest them. All the psycho-babble crap I'm reading here is nonsense. From the moment the very first cave man clubbed his neighbor to rape the neighbors wife and steal his possessions....there have always been psychopaths. To blame society or faulty child rearing for the predators behavior is an issue for great debate. Predators/psychopaths are born without a heart/soul/conscience. There is no changing that...you can't "add" all that into a person if it is not there and never was.

Folks say we should address the problem ahead of time so such individuals are not in our society...in that regard, wouldn't it be grand if there was some way to tell if a fetus was a psychopath and abortion was used(a t least that is how I assess the opinions/ideas that some folks are putting forth here).....no matter what we as a society do, there will always be those certain amount that are born lacking a heart, a soul, a conscience...it has always been that way and always will be. To blame society and/or parents or even the victims themselves is unrealistic. This is a beautiful world but there has always been violence...it seems that is the way of things relevant to the human species. Perhaps we can genetically engineer the violence out of humans? Otherwise, we're dreamin....it is what it is.

I feel sorry for the innocent children involved. As for the "perp", you can't infuse him with a heart/soul/conscience if it is missing.

I'm glad not to be related to those here defending this heinous crime...I guess those types would "run" and leave their spouse/wife/mother/sister in a similar situation. Nice. That boy could have just as easily been killed by the rock being hurled at the back of his head.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
Amazing that anyone can defend psychopaths that kill children or molest them. All the psycho-babble crap I'm reading here is nonsense. From the moment the very first cave man clubbed his neighbor to rape the neighbors wife and steal his possessions....there have always been psychopaths. To blame society or faulty child rearing for the predators behavior is an issue for great debate. Predators/psychopaths are born without a heart/soul/conscience. There is no changing that...you can't "add" all that into a person if it is not there and never was.

Folks say we should address the problem ahead of time so such individuals are not in our society...in that regard, wouldn't it be grand if there was some way to tell if a fetus was a psychopath and abortion was used(a t least that is how I assess the opinions/ideas that some folks are putting forth here).....no matter what we as a society do, there will always be those certain amount that are born lacking a heart, a soul, a conscience...it has always been that way and always will be. To blame society and/or parents or even the victims themselves is unrealistic. This is a beautiful world but there has always been violence...it seems that is the way of things relevant to the human species. Perhaps we can genetically engineer the violence out of humans? Otherwise, we're dreamin....it is what it is.
-- snip --

The point you are attempting to make has been shown to have a (partial) biological connection. There is a small organ down in the central brain near the brain stem called the amygdala. A biological psychopath has a dysfunctional amygdala and can no more change what they are than you could change someone's eye color through advanced pediatric therapy...

In his book about this topic Jon Ronson shares an anecdote of when he found himself providing a ride to the airport for the man who'd just given the lecture he'd attended. After a stretch of silence, he asked (I'm paraphrasing from memory), "So if psychopaths are born that way and can never change, should we feel sorry for them?" The man that gave the lecture didn't hesitate and Ronson was somewhat taken aback. The immediate response was, "Why should we, they'll never give a d@mn about us!?"

It's like one of those bad Good News/Bad News jokes...

The good news is that your wife isn't a psychopath. The bad news is that we had to do an autopsy to be sure...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

"wasn't their fault - they were only doing what they did, and couldn't help themselves".

You have used quotation marks, are you quoting yourself as you are the only one saying such.

I refer you back to the first post you made in this thread, defending a defenseless action of "a child" that you were not willing to condemn. It was actually StellarX who elaborated on that, and gave us the he didn't know what he was doing because he couldn't help himself" defense. You, on the other hand, defend him with "he didn't know what he was doing because he was a child".

Defense is defense. Whether he was misunderstood because he couldn't help himself, or whether he was misunderstood because he was "only a child" is immaterial to the fact of a rape and murder. 16 is plenty old enough to know that rape and murder are wrong, and being unable to control himself is, buy itself, grounds for elimination from society when his proclivities are violent and uncontrollable.

Vengeance is a great defense.

Already been answered, here:

It's not about vengeance or deterrence. It's about protecting society, our women and children, from dangerous predators.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

The boy's identity was even withheld by the police.

Usually when the perpetrator is under age they do withhold the name.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Wrong again. Come live under a bridge with me (down on the tracks), I'll show you psychos and deviants of every flavor.

Thanks but no thanks. I see my quota just walking to work, or walking down to the corner for a pack of cigarettes. See plenty of kids, too. I think these irresponsible parents ought to get their kids out of this ghetto, don't you?

Don't see any kids there, though. Most parents teach their kids not to play on the rail road tracks.

The other missing "parental guardian" element to this horrible story.

Oh.

I see.

Your gripe isn't with rape or murder, it's with railroad tracks. I guess you've developed the notion that such can't occur anywhere else.

Seriously - what the hell do you think railroad tracks have to do with it?

You are applying civilized principles from an adult perspective to this story from your "always been combat trained and mean as a s*** house rat" POV. Thats fine. Too bad you weren't there.

Yeah, too bad.

I don't know about "civilized", but I've had this same perspective since I was a wee lad. I guess either I've always been an adult, or maybe I'm still not.

I'm NOT "mean as a # house rat", but I can GET that way in an awful hurry if necessary - it's just not my normal mode. Nor have I always been combat trained - that didn't start until I was 6 or 7. Kinda sucks some times, too, since I missed out on a lot of what you would consider "normal", and that makes me weird, even today.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join