It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 8, Killed Defending Sister From Rapist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Aawwww man, this is sad.....awful news to wake up to. I hope that piece of scum dies a nice slow death, when they catch him.....R.I.P. little hero. Even in death, this boy should be awarded a heroes medal....
edit on 5/3/14 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Such a tragic story...just tragic.

I for one will certainly be praying for this family and will also be making a donation at my local Wells Fargo branch in honor of him and for his family.

Rest in peace brave little angel.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have no words. Rest in peace, little one, you are a true hero.

J

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So it would have been better for the boy to run away and leave his sister behind?

To get help, yah. Where is common sense? A little boy has no defense against a much older, stronger psychopath. Are you suggesting it was a good thing, the little boy died because he was so brave?

It's obvious the man had already grabbed the girl and the boy came to her defense.

He rushed to the defense of nothing. He rushed to his death without thinking. He wasn't smart enough to pick up that brick before the asshole did. He wasn't taught by his parents (as most here don't seem to think the wiser) to run for help instead of getting himself killed.

If he had run shouting odds are the tumult would have scared the jerk off. After all he wants to have his way with her as quietly as possible. Instead the boy is now dead.

Where has ATS common sense gone lately? Those of you with children, do you tell them to struggle with predators or run away, first chance you get?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Now I remember clearly why I have such extremely low tolerance for stupidity.

What, teaching your kids to run from or towards danger?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Wait a second here.

So you say that the kid was stupid for not running for help, then also say that he wasn't smart enough to pick up the brick first?

Well, it seems that this little dude is screwed no matter what.

I don't know about common sense, but it seems that there is a sever lack of humanity and compassion on your part. Very sad indeed.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
God bless them all.

There is a special place in hell for a person to do that to two kids, and I hope this monster has a long, slow, painful journey there.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
God bless them all.

There is a special place in hell for a person to do that to two kids,any kids and I hope this monster has a long, slow, painful journey there.
edit on 5/3/14 by opal13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

So you say that the kid was stupid for not running for help, then also say that he wasn't smart enough to pick up the brick first?

You putting words in my mouth too? At that age he isn't "stupid", just ignorant. His parents are at fault for not teaching him to run for help instead of fighting a psychopath "down on the tracks". Am I also the only one that wonders about little kids "playing on the tracks"?

The parents are at fault. I said it twice this time…

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Maybe the little boy's instincts just over took any sense of logic.

I'm sure his parents warned him to not talk to strangers, yell for help if they try to grab you...you know, the run of the mill advice parents naturally give to their children to help them be safer.

But, sometimes logic isn't exactly logical in certain situations...something more primal comes to the surface and over rides all logic.

I know it's not smart to run into a burning building but, if I had a loved one in there...chances are, I might just be stupid enough in that moment to run inside and try to help.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I know it's not smart to run into a burning building but, if I had a loved one in there…chances are, I might just be stupid enough in that moment to run inside and try to help.

First? Cal 911…

But really, what would you do if a child tried to run into said burning building to save his sister?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ignorant....stupid. Whatever.

It just seems that no matter what action this kid took, nothing would have been good enough.

MagesticEsoteric brought up a very important term: Instinct.

No matter what we teach our kids, or how we were taught, instinct, love and attachment can push someone to take defend their loved ones in bad situations.

So I think, respectfully, that your comments were a bit shortsighted and harsh.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The rape nonsense is getting entirely out of hand for how causal it's become. Now a couple kids playing in broad daylight are like entrees on a buffet to come pick at a predators leisure? Teenage predator or adult predator (to go by what the story suggests for a possible suspect) doesn't matter to me. It's still nothing but a two-legged animal who would rape a 12 year old after murdering her brother in cold blood.

I say we embrace a concept this country seems to have laughed off in the belief it can't work. DETERRENCE. It isn't very effective when money can buy exceptions to anything, and circumstance can get people out of much more. That doesn't deter anyone...it just keeps them playing the odds that they'll catch a fall through the same cracks in the system which so many others fall through.

So here is my idea. Rape..and I mean ANY rape outside Statutory where ages within close proximity to 18 are the ONLY factor...should carry one penalty first and foremost before whatever else.

Castration. Not chemical. Not nice and warm and fuzzy. Just chop the thing off and let them live life without that rather important feature of most male bodies. If that becomes a 100% straight up cause and effect ANY rapist can expect as automatically as being booked? Deterrence might actually mean something, IMO.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Ignorant....stupid. Whatever.

That was my whole point. Nobody seems to know the difference. Ignorant is just never been taught. If you don't know Japanese that doesn't make you stupid, just ignorant.

If we call someone stupid thats just name calling.

You keep saying my comments are harsh… for the parents yah. Who expects a little boy to have reason? All he knows in a situation like this is emotion (and what he's been taught).

Now he's a brave dead little boy.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I am all about holding parents feet to the fire when it comes to what they do or do not teach their kids, but I think you may be missing the point here.

But that's just my opinion.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I agree with the physical castration you speak of but it should be done on the shave cycle of meat slicing machine.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I know it's not smart to run into a burning building but, if I had a loved one in there…chances are, I might just be stupid enough in that moment to run inside and try to help.

First? Cal 911…

But really, what would you do if a child tried to run into said burning building to save his sister?

I'm honestly not trying to argue I was simply pointing out that certain circumstances are just that...circumstantial.

Sure, call 911...but, what if you can't. What if by waiting for help, the window of opportunity closes and death is imminent. Lots of what if's....

By reading the article, it sounded as if the brother and sister were extremely close. I was suggesting that his instincts to help his sister completely over rode his logical senses that he should go get help first.

Honestly, until we are placed in such positions...none of us could ever say for sure what we would do because once that adrenaline kicks in it's fight or flight. 50% chance we run, 50% chance we stay and fight.

And to answer your question: If I saw a child running into a burning building to save his sister, I would hope that I would knock the kid out of the way and run in myself. But, I would have to be in that situation to know for sure.

I completely understand your viewpoint...I truly do. I was just offering a reason why the child did what he did for his sister and that it may not have been because his parents didn't teach him any better...that's all.
edit on 3-5-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I completely understand your viewpoint…I truly do.

Only one here who said so, thanks.

I was just offering a reason why the child did what he did for his sister and that it may not have been because his parents didn't teach him any better…that's all.

I agree. He's a child (was a child).

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Am I also the only one that wonders about little kids "playing on the tracks"?

There are many train tracks in this country that are no longer used.

The parents are at fault. I said it twice this time…

The person that did the killing is at fault here. And it is kind of sad that you would refer to this child as ignorant because he wanted to defend his sister. That is what family members do protect one another it is instinct to think protect instead of run and just let this man have his way with my sister.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

And it is kind of sad that you would refer to this child as ignorant because he wanted to defend his sister.

Where did I say he was ignorant for "wanting" to defend his sister? Nice twist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join