It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Sasquatch outside Squamish BC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I didn't see this on here yet but someone else could be making one right now.

(Sorry If I didn't post the video correctly. Here's the link to youtube. Youtube
Here is the news story from Global BC, how I found the video. Global BC

Now I know all you can really see is a tiny speck but as the guys recording the video note, why would a person be going that way?
edit on 2-5-2014 by knoledgeispower because: added another link

edit on 2-5-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here you go !

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Certainly possibility either that or these guys faked it i would think.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

thanks. I got it to work. I think it was because of a script blocker.

Char-Lee: Yes it is possible it is faked.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
At that range the definitive proof that this is a "Bigfoot" is ummm… he's probably looking up at the guys on the ridge and saying, "Look, a family of bigfeets!".

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Tough to judge from the distance. For all we know, the black dot could be a bear.

Also, seems to me that the guy tries not to laugh..twice.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thats only 30 minutes away from where i live, its brown bear country, a few grizzly bears have been seen in the past few years, before the 2010 olympics alot of forest and bear habitat has been destroyed, more and more bear encounters have been happening, little chance thats a bigfoot

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Just a quick observation. Or two...
1. I'm not so sure a bear would be up high in the snow just after hibernation considering it would be pretty hungry.
2. Those guys aren't city slickers and seem bush savvy enough to know what a bear is.

Just my thoughts

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

it looks like it gots four legs - a moose looking for love most likely

enlarge version

we need to get a moderator up there for a rescue, fast
edit on 2-5-2014 by Hoaxster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is not the middle of no-where. 50°00'36.17" N 123°14'18.92" W Tricouni is becoming more and more popular these days, especially with sledders, as the roads climb to the edge of the alpine. That "squatch" is headed towards a small frozen lake and the roads are maybe 30 min walk away. I've hiked into tricouni in the snow like that a few times. There's no reason that can't be a person out for a day hike. The funny thing is " Sasquatch expert Bill Miller said he believes what Myles and his friend saw was not human, but it wasn’t a Sasquatch.

“I’m fairly confident from studying that video it’s a bear,” he said. “The only reason it could be upright is because it’s on a slope.”"

Since when does a bear stand upright to climb a slope?

picasaweb.google.com... 4?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Here's a pic i took of the lake the object is hiking towards a little later in the summer, it's so difficult to see, i wouldn't be surprised if this is just some dude is out doing a little spring back country skiing or snowshoeing.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dnaobs

Very possible that it is a person. Hard to tell.

I just find the "it's a sasquatch" a bit of a stretch as it could be anything but.

I've rewatched it a few times and still think it's a bear. But I could be wrong.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That's an interesting one for sure and I'm not so quick to just dismiss it as being a bear. I live in BC as well, in a small little town surrounded by mountains and I've grown up seeing bears up close and personal almost every day in the late summer and fall as we have fruit trees in our yard. This does not look like a bear to me, it's not conclusive by any means but to me it looks like it's walking upright.

I'm not saying it's a Sasquatch but considering how much ground it covered in that short of time slogging through deep snow, it's a bit of a stretch for me to believe a human is capable of matching that kind of speed traveling uphill in that kind of terrain.
edit on 4-5-2014 by Sonder because: Spelling

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

My initial impression is that the guy narrating the video is WAY too calm. Best guess, based on his behavior, is they are filming a friend down there. Maybe not, and we really can't tell, but I never saw a good video that didn't have those making it acting at least a little excited.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I just came across this video on our national Weather Network and this is what the filmers had to say about this video they shot:

In the info provided on the YouTube post, Lamont says, "we are not claiming this to be anything other than a strange encounter based on some of the reasons below:"

1) We were able to view the subject much better than what the video portrays as it was just a simple point and shoot camera. Contrast was excellent due to the snow behind the subject.

2) The subject was clearly bipedal and was without snowshoes or a backpack and wearing all one coloured clothing. Movement over this kind of terrain in soft snow without snowshoes would have been very difficult and the distance traveled over the given time period would have been very fast for a human without proper snow travel gear.

3) There was a very steep drop off below where the video was shot, easily a 300m sheer face. We were not equipped with climbing gear and a descent around would have been impossible before nightfall.

4) We have encountered bears on the approach to this summit in the past, this video is most definitely not showing a bear or any other wild animal.

5) Perhaps the most reasonable explanation for this video is a very ill prepared hiker, hiking up a difficult section of snowline as opposed to a much easier route, one who is very physically fit and able to cover ground in unusually quick fashion and must have had very large feet as we were breaking through snow crust in just our boots.

It doesn't sound to me like these guys faked anything because they're not attempting to convince anyone that it actually is a sasquatch... they themselves are not quite sure what the hell they saw down there.

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

My initial impression is that the guy narrating the video is WAY too calm. Best guess, based on his behavior, is they are filming a friend down there. Maybe not, and we really can't tell, but I never saw a good video that didn't have those making it acting at least a little excited.

Most likely these two guys aren't more "excited" while they were filming this because:

1) They're Canadian - which means less tendency to be drama queens
2) They aren't making any definite assumptions of what they're seeing, thus no "freaking out" type of reaction
3) By the tones of their voices and chuckling at the whole situation, it sounds like they have more of a huge "question mark" over their heads rather than a huge "exclamation mark"

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Most likely these two guys aren't more "excited" while they were filming this because:

2) They aren't making any definite assumptions of what they're seeing, thus no "freaking out" type of reaction
3) By the tones of their voices and chuckling at the whole situation, it sounds like they have more of a huge "question mark" over their heads rather than a huge "exclamation mark"

That is a possibility. I am not familiar with the cultural differences that would affect such things. That considered, maybe they were really seeing something. I did read the quotes you posted from them as well, and that's quite interesting. If that is accurate, they might well have seen a squatch. Maybe a bear, too, but the figure did seem to be bipedal.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I just came across this video on our national Weather Network and this is what the filmers had to say about this video they shot:

In the info provided on the YouTube post, Lamont says, "we are not claiming this to be anything other than a strange encounter based on some of the reasons below:"

1) We were able to view the subject much better than what the video portrays as it was just a simple point and shoot camera. Contrast was excellent due to the snow behind the subject.

2) The subject was clearly bipedal and was without snowshoes or a backpack and wearing all one coloured clothing. Movement over this kind of terrain in soft snow without snowshoes would have been very difficult and the distance traveled over the given time period would have been very fast for a human without proper snow travel gear.

3) There was a very steep drop off below where the video was shot, easily a 300m sheer face. We were not equipped with climbing gear and a descent around would have been impossible before nightfall.

4) We have encountered bears on the approach to this summit in the past, this video is most definitely not showing a bear or any other wild animal.

5) Perhaps the most reasonable explanation for this video is a very ill prepared hiker, hiking up a difficult section of snowline as opposed to a much easier route, one who is very physically fit and able to cover ground in unusually quick fashion and must have had very large feet as we were breaking through snow crust in just our boots.

It doesn't sound to me like these guys faked anything because they're not attempting to convince anyone that it actually is a sasquatch... they themselves are not quite sure what the hell they saw down there.

I usually try not to judge a video based on peoples' reactions, everyone reacts differently to different things, and the drama queen comment was hysterical lol. As for the video, I don't know. They sound pretty convincing in their explanation.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I listened to a CBC interview of this guy on the way to work today. Apparently this guy is a wild life expert, and knew what he was looking at was either a human or something unknown.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

why would a person be going that way?

The same question can be asked of them..

Why are they up there?

Going for a hike/just because/whatever...

Probably same as the dude they're filming.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It's Les Stroud looking for his credibility?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I have now watched this several times. I think it could be the best evidence of Sasquatch ever filmed... On the other hand it could be a hoax or a single hiker. The thing about "single hiker" is that is very very risky for even experienced hikers. What strikes me is how fast it moves. There has to be a way to analyze this video at better resolution and figure out relative size of object and speed and then stride length of it moving. I guess what makes me somewhat suspicious of this is the fact the video is apparently from 2 years ago. If I filmed what I thought was Bigfoot I would have it checked and analyzed within 24 hours.

I am honestly amazed how fast the thing is moving though obviously in very tough terrain. I lived in Canada for awhile so I know that they do not exactly have the same way of thinking or dealing with things as Americans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join