It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic The Gathering: Discussion, Challenges and all things Magic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I loved it when The Gathering came out....still do...my friends were better at the deck mastery than I was, and I only carried two cards (no peeking) but I remember when they had the WW chat online and it was always a wonderful place to just hang out and chat in character....back n the old days of HMTL chat in....what was it? '96-'96? Ah, memories.

Did some LARP for a while, mostly just laid back social gatherings and so forth while my best friends went completely ruthless with the decks! I couldn't keep up with them! I think my husband still has his set, but they're sleeved keepsakes these days. Now he's into video games but I'm still finding myself thinking "in character" from time to time. No intensive back story though, just minor characters to help fill out the background dynamics for more intensive Gatherings. I'm a featherweight.

Amazing fun times though!
It's nice to see the community is still out there!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I first found out about Magic several years ago, and collected some cards because I found the artwork intriguing. I didn't learn to play until a little over a year ago. I definitely prefer just playing casually as It allows me to build decks more imaginatively. I haven't tried the online game but I have built several real card decks and I played duels of the planeswalkers on my pc. To anyone interested mtg vault is an excellent site for deckbuilding and deck ideas.

<< 1   >>

join