It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Study Shows Meditators Collapsing Quantum Systems At A Distance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Many scientists have studied the role of consciousness over the years and how it can directly influence our physical material world. There are large amounts of data that have been published which demonstrates that the consciousness and our physical material world are directly intertwined.

Below are several studies scientists preformed on the quantum double slit experiment.
Source: www.disclose.tv...

In this experiment, a double-slit optical system was used to test the possible role of consciousness in the collapse of the quantum wave-function. The ratio of the interference pattern’s double slit spectral power to its single slit spectral power was predicted to decrease when attention was focused toward the double slit as compared to away from it. The study found that factors associated with consciousness significantly correlated in predicted ways with perturbations in the double slit interference pattern.

“Observation not only disturbs what has to be measured, they produce it. We compel the electron to assume a definite position. We ourselves produce the results of the measurement.” (1)

Several experiments were conducted to measure perturbations in the wavefunction.

In the first experiment, participants were instructed to direct their attention toward the double-slit apparatus or to withdraw their attention-toward a task. At certain times, a computerized voice instructed them saying: “Please influence the beam now,” and for attention away it said “You may now relax.” This first experiment was modestly in accordance with the consciousness collapse hypothesis (perturbations in the double slit interference pattern).

The second experiment was conducted at a Zen Buddhist temple:

“For audio feedback, during attention-away periods the computer played a soft, continuous drone tone, and during attention-toward periods it played a musical note that changed in pitch to reflect the real-time value of R (perturbations in wave function). Participants were instructed to direct their attention toward the double-slit device as in the initial experiment. If they were successful, then the double slit spectral power was predicted to decline, and in turn the pitch of the musical note would also decline.”

There were 19 participants who participated in 31 sessions at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) laboratory. All tests were supervised, and a double-slit apparatus was presented.
The meditators showed “superior performance” as compared to the non-meditators.

A third experiment was then conducted, using 33 sessions where six meditators contributed to 22 sessions and seven non-meditators contributed to 11 sessions. The 22 meditator sessions resulted in “a significant decline” in the ration of the interference pattern. The meditators here had “an especially strong statistical effect.” This experiment clearly supported the hypothesis.

In the fourth experiment, thirty one people contributed 51 sessions, and the experimental effect size observed in this study was 3 times greater than that observed in the first four experiments.

The study continues, and consistently demonstrates how consciousness can collapse the quantum wave function, or interfere with its pattern.

“The study found that factors associated with consciousness significantly correlated in predicted ways with perturbations in the double slit interference pattern.”

Below shows a demonstration of the quantum double slit experiment.

edit on 5/2/2014 by sled735 because: format

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I wouldn't mind checking out the papers themselves, but cannot seem to find them. Any idea?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

Here are several links. Maybe you can find something in one of them. I'll have to make time to research this more myself. Sounds very promising.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'd like to see the papers themselves rather than someone else's interpretation of them. How are we sure that this is what it shows if we cannot see the results with out own eyes?

Unfortunately, none of those links have any links or sources to any such studies.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Sorry, that's the best I can do.

Anyone have the original papers you can loan to Words?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Absolutely consciousness affects the material world, and the quality (read: stability) of the consciousness determines the net effect. In other words, those with clear minds and healthy bodies can have a much greater influence on their surrounding environments. That's one reason TPTB want to keep us sickly, unhealthy, despondent--so we remain dependent upon them, and keep relying on the cookie-cutter reality they keep trying to shovel down our throats.

TPTB want to convince people that they're in charge and we're all just serfs destined to roll over and accept that "fact," but that's possibly the biggest lie in existence.

Truth is, whether or not we realize it, we all manifest physical reality from pure thought on a constant basis, and we each of us shape our lives and the lives of those around us.

We're all the real power in this world; and we all have power equally. Because we each have sovereignty over our own consciousness, control over our own reality, and can wield that strength to manifest our own dream--one that doesn't require or include anyone that tries to infringe upon your will.

You, the real you, is spirit bound to flesh, and you alone have the ability to manifest and shape your reality. No one can take that power from you, not unless you let them.

So please, please, please: awaken to that truth, then stop giving away your birthright to these corrupt a-holes.
edit on 2-5-2014 by JonButtonIII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JonButtonIII

Great advice, and I agree with everything you just said.

I did a thread on manifesting thoughts last year... www.abovetopsecret.com...
I love to research this topic.

I think scientists are real close to a major breakthrough in understanding how quantum physics works.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

If this is true and the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) laboratory actually did this experiment as the website claims, then why is it not on their website? On their blog, the last news update of their research was on "March 20th" if this is true, it would have already been on their website. This would be really big news if it were true and they would want to put it on their site, but it isn't there:

www.noetic.org...
edit on 2-5-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JonButtonIII

I couldn't have said it better myself. Many systems exist for exercising this awareness but are mostly unknown to the majority of people, not that they are hidden by conscious means by the groups espousing them, just that they are hidden through the means of the consciousness of the majority of people.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
there is probably a reason you cant find hose papers...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Good grief. You do realize that the Observer Effect has nothing to do with consciousness manifesting reality? Simply put, it's impossible to measure a thing without affecting it.

EDIT:

Here's the links to the source materials for the disclose.tv post:

Dean Radin blog post @ Institute of Noetic Studies
Paper at Physics Essays

Even Dean Radin was careful to say:

This does not mean human consciousness literally "creates" reality,

edit on 2014-5-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You have your view based on materialism. Since many people including me have experience of the opposite your view will never be interesting to us since we have so much proof it is a lie (I am doing Reiki on myself and my family so I know materialism as it is described is not the whole truth of "what is"). What humanity is doing now is quantifying the experience so we get formulas on how it is done that afterwards can be used by all as proof of what we are saying that can be replicated by everyone.

Logically. If you are right and materialism is the truth then why not let people who think otherwise waste their time while you do more productive things, than waste energy being angry that people who do not believe as you do and see something more than you while studying physics. If they are right and the universe can be seen as a hologram where intent can change the information then they will in the end come with the smoking gun that changes everyone perception (just like earth is not the center of the universe did to the Christian).

From my point of view your way of putting down their work in progress is a defense mechanism to defend your view and ridicule all others since you have so much of your ego invested in your view and cannot handle a world where you are wrong. It is like trying to induct reason to a dogmatic Muslim/Christian who cannot look outside the boxed faith.

I love physics who seek to understand everything without preconceived notions of "what is". They come up with such beautiful logical thoughts that helps me increase the size of my boxed view. I could listen to them for 100 of years playing around with logic, thought and observation.

edit on 3-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Since many people including me have experience of the opposite your view will never be interesting to us since we have so much proof it is a lie (I am doing Reiki on myself and my family so I know materialism as it is described is not the whole truth of "what is"). What humanity is doing now is quantifying the experience so we get formulas on how it is done that afterwards can be used by all as proof of what we are saying that can be replicated by everyone. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

How long is this going to take? Idealism has been in the minds of humanity since Plato without one shred of proof to show for it yet, and you've been sitting on proof this whole time? Show us. Change the paradigm, rather than constantly talk about it. This debate just continues and continues ad nauseam, with idealists saying materialism is wrong and so forth, but then idealism has not made one single accomplishment in its thousands years history. I think we've all been waiting for long enough.

edit on 3|5|14 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The debate is going to continue ad nauseam until the collective mass becomes big enough to change the paradigm. If you want proof of something test a tool (for instance Reiki/meditation/astral projection) for yourself and see what happens like a seeker/scientist who questions everything would do.
edit on 3-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

The debate is going to continue ad nauseam until the collective mass becomes big enough to change the paradigm. If you want proof of something test a tool (for instance Reiki/meditation/astral projection) for yourself and see what happens like a seeker/scientist who questions everything would do. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That seems to be the going argument around these claims: "Test it for yourself". I'm unclear whether this is an argument, or a way to sell more products. Scientists have tested these and they yield no conclusive results. Not every seeker feels like wasting time. Perhaps you are referring to consumers instead of seekers?

Therapeutic Touch has been thoroughly debunked by no other than a nine year old girl, who just so happens to be the youngest person to ever have a paper peer reviewed and submitted to a scientific journal.

Emily Rosa

What else do you have to sell?

edit on 3|5|14 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"Scientists have tested these and they yield no conclusive results".

In order to generate conclusive results one needs to test the population. That would produce a result unbiased by inductive reasoning. Also scientist have never research psi by looking into the origins of the claim.

This being cultures that still engage in ancient indigenous practices.

The other way to come to terms with Psi is to learn about it oneself.

There really is nothing to buy there is amassed on the internet much information, that is free to review.

Some of that information is on ATS.

There is a saying, "don't knock it till you have tried it".

edit on 3-5-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I do believe this is the correct link with respect to IONS...

IONS

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

I wouldn't mind checking out the papers themselves, but cannot seem to find them. Any idea?

Here ya go...

media.noetic.org...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

I do believe this is the correct link with respect to IONS...

IONS

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

I don't understand HOW it works, I just know that it DOES work. I base this on my own experiences of incidents in my life, and also, a few others who have posted in my paranormal thread. (See my signature.)
I mean, when you are watching a car that is about to get hit head on by a semi truck suddenly appear behind it in no time to even measure, how do you explain that? Not a scratch on the car! It can't be explained without using quantum physics, and even then, I can't wrap my mind around how it happened!

Also, the incident where the stone in my ring went missing, then appeared in thin air three months later at a different location, and fell to my feet! Weirdness at it's peak!!

The scientists still have a long way to go, but affecting the physical with our thoughts is definitely possible, and they are proving it.

new topics

top topics

join