It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Murica defeats Denmark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I just had to share this because I found it hilarious and ridiculous at the same time.

Look guys, I get it. I do. I’m from Texas, which is basically the America of America. I understand the impulse. But this kind of behavior is why we can’t have nice things. OK? Go behave yourselves.

www.pcgamer.com...

First of all, yes, they spent a lot of time on something nice, and it's terrible that vandals would come in and destroy it for... basically a patriotic joke. But it is just a game after all, no real harm was done and it was all done in good -although a little bit evil
- fun in my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Failing that, poor Minecraft Denmark have to wait for a procedurally generated, voxel-based version of the UN to step in and impose a ceasefire.

hahaha this is why i love gamers hahaha wow I'm sorry i can't even comment lol I'm still laughing lol poor poor Copenhagen lol

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Not counted as a victory until there is at least 4 starbucks, a Walmart supercenter, and 7 McDonalds built...

But I am glad we liberated them...now they can enjoy freedom.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Not sure what you mean, but are you referring to this article?

link??

We all know that Denmark is unbeatable - simply due to our great humor

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

We just got "liberated" by Goldman Sachs - what could go wrong ?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

We just got "liberated" by Goldman Sachs - what could go wrong ?

Well that's one way of doing it. but liberation through freedom bombs are more entertaining on the news than freedom bankers.
Oh well..maybe Norway.

Kidding of course.
So, your from Denmark it appears. Its considered the happiest place on earth or some such...is it from your opinion? (actually curious / dreaming of greener grass)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Well that's one way of doing it. but liberation through freedom bombs are more entertaining on the news than freedom bankers.
Oh well..maybe Norway.

Kidding of course.
So, your from Denmark it appears. Its considered the happiest place on earth or some such...is it from your opinion? (actually curious / dreaming of greener grass)

Norway is not in the EU, since they discovered vast oil reserves of their own, and wanna keep it for themselves. Here in Denmark we call them "fjeld-aber" (Translation - Mountain-monkeys). The Norse know this and know we are just kidding. We love Norway.

Yes i am Danish.

The thing about being the most happy nation on earth is bound to a state controlled drug. We call it happy pills. It's an anti-depressant. Here is a picture i posted a while ago on the subject

It says on the left side "Denmark, once again pointed out as the happiest nation on earth" - on the right side it says "Medical foreman is alarming! - 460.000 Danes on happy pills" Thats roughly 10% of the population.

What you need to know is that the paper "Ekstra Bladet" is a sensationalist paper, but i think they hit the nail on this one. This is based on people i talk to. All have been to a doctor claiming of various mental problems, and almost all of them just get thrown these happy pills after them. Problem solved lol ?
The thing is, that these pills are actual ingredients of the problem to start with - and that is joining the war in Afghanistan & Iraq. This was the primeminister of Denmark that got us into the wars, oh you may know him as the secretary general of NATO these days, Anders Fogh Rasmussen...
I think that the blanket is slowly being lifted from peoples eyes here in Denmark, but sadly it has its costs - lets just go numb-scull on the drugs, that are now freely being traded from the "freedom" we brought to Afghanistan...

edit on 2/5/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
460.000 Danes on happy pills" Thats roughly 10% of the population.

I wonder what it says about my mental state if all I am thinking about all of that is...wonder if we can get that here.

No doubt the world needs people with their feet on the ground, but I think on a life that most certainly won't be changing anything for whatever reason...time to simply toss in the towel and seek out personal happiness.

Stress and depression shortens lives...short of stressing about the affairs of state with no possible way of changing anything, maybe a happy pill is a good alternative.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You know the saying that "Religion is opium for the people" ? Crappy thing is that most Danes are asking questions about this very old doctrine. So what's next... real drugs? - Yea - it seems to work.
I was once offered the same pills during a activation-interview. "Activation" is for people that dont have a job, so the government here is forcing people out in mindless work, to get them "activated". Its kinda like digging holes one day, and filling them up the next day. Hateful work, to force people to take a mindless 'job'. Reminds me of the scene in Cool Hand Luke.
I had to ask the interviewer, how on earth can you propose pills to me in a freakin' 'job'-interview? Are you a doctor?
Lol, no she was not. Sweet girl, just doing her "job".
The problem is that we just got too "good" at what we do. We have robots and machines doing the work these days, and its rather obvious that people will be fired - due to company's wanna make more money... the endless greed - or should we call it optimizing our balance-sheets ?

Don't get your hopes down - the world will change - it just have to whether we want it or not - it might not be pretty, unless we change our ways. The sooner the better.

I tend to watch the news here in Denmark as watching an episode of Dollars/Dallas - its hilarious with the crap they feed us - maybe try the same thing where you are from? Dont let it get to ya - hang in there

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Im completely lost , which story on PCGamer is this thread about?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

I searched the quote in the OP and came up with this
www.pcgamer.com...

Just a bunch of trolls wrecking something for the fun of it ....Idiots

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Aha, thanks Gortex

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I didn't realise the link wasn't working right.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
All i can think is there must have been oil in that level

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I saw this and busted out laughing. Poor government of Denmark. It was supposed to be used as a teaching tool, but it was destroyed right away

www.gamespot.com... 9412/

The Danish Geodata Agency recently recreated the entire country of Denmark in Minecraft at a 1:1 scale. It’s one of the biggest Minecraft creations ever, made up of about 4000 billion brick and 1 terabyte of data. It was ingeniously built using the agency’s 3D elevation model and was meant to be used as a teaching tool.

Of course, players almost immediately began blowing it up.

They weren’t supposed to be able to. The Danish Geodata Agency, disabled the ability to use dynamite, but neglected to disable the minecart with dynamite item. According to The Register, players discovered this, set off explosives in several Danish towns, and built American tanks and flags on top of the ruins.

And a photo

new topics

top topics

join