It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning UFO Caught By Mars Curiosity Rover 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Searched for this video on ATS, but came up empty-handed.

So here goes.

The shape of the UFO is just as we see it, long cigar shaped. At first a person will assume the exposure (shutter) was open allowing the photo to record for a few seconds, but no. The shutter speed is normal. This object was moving slow, which is proven by the time stamps on the photos on the NASA site. That means since it was moving slowly, the shape we see before us is the correct shape of the object.

Video description
"Very interesting object caught near Mount Sharp by Curiosity Rover. Object appears cylindrical in shape and appears in five images over a 10 minute period. "

One possible explanation is that the object is of one of Mars’ two moons, Phobos or Deimos. They are respectively 22 and 13 kilometers in diameter, and have respective orbits of 9,400 and 23,460 kilometers. They are thought to be captured asteroids and are irregular in shape. This is significant since as Waring points out, the objects in the Curiosity Rover image is not irregular:

Then again, could this be a moon or micro moon orbiting Mars? Yes, it could be possible, however a moon of this shape would have a high probability of flipping end over end. This object has slow, balanced movement like a ship in water…having the appearance of an object that is self propelled.

The object could also be one of the known terrestrial spacecraft orbiting Mars. Currently both NASA and the European Space Agency have orbiters flying around Mars. The European Space Agency placed the Mars Express in orbit in early 2004, and NASA currently has two orbiters, the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (2006) and the Mars Science Laboratory (2011). Yet none of the Mars orbiters are elliptical in shape or very large. If time lapse photography was not used in generating the NASA JPL images showing elliptical UFO, then that would rule out any of the Mars orbiters.

If true, this is clearly not a cosmic ray. I'm gonna bet on an icy object hitting the thin Martian atmosphere.

I wonder what you guys think ?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Pretty sure there is an ongoing thread concerning these images

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen
It's Phobos. The youtube poster is lying about the exposure time. ADGUK is not adverse to lying.
redplanet.asu.edu...

Discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Probably just a bug or something that crossed the camera as it was photographing images of the surface....

2nd line

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Probably just a bug or something that crossed the camera as it was photographing images of the surface....

2nd line

Isnt this on mars?

Bug on mars? Lol.

It looks like a perfect pill shaped object that is NOT irregular like the moons, and its flying or orbiting...

A Unidentified Flying Object seems a legit explanation here.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish

yes I can confirm this is on mars....

It doesnt have to be a bug, I suppose it could be a fast moving small bird

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm well aware of the reputation of ADGUK. Long exposure seems correct to me. Thanks for the links Phage

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Topic already being discussed here, thread closed.

top topics

join