It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer abuses dog...WARNING FOR LANGUAGE!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
WARNING FOR STRONG LANGUAGE

Police officer abuses dog.

I saw this video on the morning news out of Chicago.

I live about 40 miles away from the the town of Hammond, IN.

A Hammond Police K-9 officer was placed on administrative leave this week after YouTube video surfaced of the officer apparently abusing his police dog. The video posted Wednesday shows an officer using a leash to lift the dog to its hind legs, then striking the dog's middle section with what appears to be another leash. He then lifts the dog into the air by the leash and the dog is seen swinging around once.
The dog is struck another time before being directed back to the squad car.

Yes...this describes it exactly.

"At this time, the Department has observed behavior by the K-9 handler that appears to be inconsistent with acceptable training guidelines," the spokesman said.

I work in a prison and I see the handlers, assigned to the DOC K-9 unit, work with their dogs...I cannot say I have seen them handle their dogs in such a manner...

But does the video depict abuse?
edit on 2-5-2014 by totallackey because: formatting

edit on 2-5-2014 by totallackey because: further content

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: totallackey

Allow me to pick you up by the neck and whip you, then you tell me if it depicts abuse lol. What a jerk that dude is, I wish the dog bit his balls.

I guess it didn't fake hit on drugs, it must not be trained to give false hits yet and was punished for it is my guess.
edit on Fri, 02 May 2014 17:18:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
felony assault on an officer... idk..strangulation and hanging... possibly attempted murder.. you know thats what you or i would be charged with if it were us..

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Look like what you would do if you wanted your dog to be vicious..alot of dog problems are really owner problems, treat it like an ahole and it will become that.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Attempted murder on a police officer? Abusing a police officer? If one of us took a swing at a K-9 officer we would be charged the same as if we did it to the human officer.

What a coward to do that to his "partner" after they have trained him to be so loyal and protective of the one who is dangling him from the safe end of the leash.

Absolutely sickening.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Does the video depict abuse? Is that even a question here really? Let me do that to you once, and you can tell me for sure if that's abuse or not. The cop needs the same thing done to him so he knows what it feels like.

top topics

join