It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama and Quantum Mechanics Joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This question is concerning a possible future thread of mine. It's perhaps not as controversial as my other threads unless you're a Tibetan Buddhist. I'm not sure how many of those there are here.

My question is, does anybody have the link to where the Dalai Lama was told a joke about quantum physics that he didn't understand, whether bookmarked or not? I tried my hardest and I couldn't find it. I found something else related to quantum physics but not that. I promise that it will be an interesting thread, and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I met him once when he visited the college I attended...many, many years ago.

I wish I could help but I can't recall the joke you speak of....best of luck though.

I hope you find what you are looking for....and, I look forward to a future thread as well.

It sounds like it could be very interesting.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

this might be it.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You may be refering to this:

The only thing I can think of about physics is this (but it's nothing joke related):

But he did not understand the possibility of it

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Thanks Rikku and Stallion Duck! That in fact is the video. Since it was so long ago, I thought that the joke had to do with quantum physics. My bad. If that's the case, then the thread is no longer necessary. I thought that there was a possibility that the Dalai Lama did not understand quantum physics. This to me would not make sense, since the philosophy of Buddhism to me is quantum! In other words, the idea of reality being self-conceived would seem to be backed up by quantum physics.

I was going to post it in Religious Conspiracies, but there is no conspiracy. The world marches on! Besides, I just realized that it could have been a bad thread since him not understanding a quantum physics joke could just be a matter of him not being fluent in English (as evidenced in this video). Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio
a reply to: StallionDuck

Thanks Rikku and Stallion Duck! That in fact is the video. Since it was so long ago, I thought that the joke had to do with quantum physics. My bad. If that's the case, then the thread is no longer necessary. I thought that there was a possibility that the Dalai Lama did not understand quantum physics. This to me would not make sense, since the philosophy of Buddhism to me is quantum! In other words, the idea of reality being self-conceived would seem to be backed up by quantum physics.

I was going to post it in Religious Conspiracies, but there is no conspiracy. The world marches on! Besides, I just realized that it could have been a bad thread since him not understanding a quantum physics joke could just be a matter of him not being fluent in English (as evidenced in this video). Thanks!

Well...I'm a bit disappoint

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I'm sorry! If it helps, my theory may have been completely wrong.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Bet you did not know the Dali Lama could sing so good? Did you?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

Aww man, that's definitely a chorus. Lol!

new topics

top topics

join