It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the 'whitest' person (culturally) of another race you've ever seen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I know White Culture is an incorrect term as there's no specific culture pertaining to a race but I needed to an attractive question

I suppose Who is the most 'Westernized' person you've met of another race is what I'm really getting to. The reason I ask is to determine how important is race?

Lets say a Chinese person was born in Toronto Canada to Chinese parents but given away for adoption to a White Canadian family. The child is raised together with another white child adopted and both are treated as equal as each other and grow up to be just like their family.
could the Chinese child be considered just as white as their adopted counterpart?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

I always look at people as individuals; what are their character qualities; how do they treat themselves and others.

What there race happens to be is interesting too; but who they are as a person is more important.

I am a mixture of Scottish, French, German and Dutch; and I have never wondered ever who would act like me...why? Because I am an individual.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Using the example you have I would say the person is Canadian with Chinese ancestry. I highly doubt the adopted family would consider them anything other than their child.

Lets say a Chinese person was born in Toronto Canada to Chinese parents but given away for adoption to a White Canadian family. The child is raised together with another white child adopted and both are treated as equal as each other and grow up to be just like their family. could the Chinese child be considered just as white as their adopted counterpart? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as acting white, I'm not really sure what that means. There are many different cultures that are considered white, and they are different in many aspects.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I wonder why would it matter? We have bigger problems with the purveyors of corruption as our governments, bankers and corporations squeeze and screw us further, colour, race, religion, etc. become irrelevant. I think the consensus is we are all in the same sinking boat and want to see the lot of them drawn and quartered or hung, whatever, it's all good. The colour of anyone's skin IMHO means nothing.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/2.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It's so funny when they make fun of that in stand up comedy...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Who is the 'whitest' person (culturally) of another race you've ever seen?

I'm not 100% sure what your post is getting at exactly besides the title. So, I'll answer that: I was married to a Swedish man and he was the palest person I've ever seen, even more so than me. He also had naturally dark brown hair. To bad he was a dud!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It may not matter to you, but If your a 'colored' person in the West, your bound to experience some racism, especially if your dark. I'm sure most non white immigrants would like to assimilate as much as possible without warranting any racism towards them, but that's not always the case.

And race is pretty important in the sense that it's usually an indicator of culture which means a lot. I don't think people are racist against African Americans because of their color as much as it indicative of their general background (poverty and crime) [not every single one, but a size able number in the community.]

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure why it matters. If you adopt a child, you raise him as your own and he becomes one of you. My husband has a 100% Native American grandmother, but he was adopted, so he has none of that cultural heritage. He was raised by a family of blue collar Tennessee truckers. So, to him, the Native American thing is just an interesting biological curiosity and even though he could get all sorts of advantages for it, he's never traded on it. He feels it would be unfair; he was never raised to it.

Another person to look at would be former NFL linebacker Scott Fujita. White as anything, but adopted by Japanese-American parents. I wonder what his culture was? Do you imagine he acted white, or do you suppose he identified more strongly with his parents cultural heritage? However, since Asians tend to assimilate pretty fully into Western culture, you probably wouldn't notice a very big difference.

I think it's a big shame that if you go to adopt, they will drag their feet if the child you settle on is African-America and you happen to be a white couple. They're worried these days that you won't expose him or her to his or her cultural heritage now. Why should you? Does raising the child as your own somehow damage him if you don't go out of your way to take the child to be with "own kind?"

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Edited post out. Decided not to participate in thread.
Des

edit on 2-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

I meant a non white person whose lifestyle would seem to emulate that of a 'Western/'White'' person. Like a Chinese person who despite their origins is in every way like a white American or Canadian. (converses with white people, has same interests etc)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: depleteduranium92

I meant a non white person whose lifestyle would seem to emulate that of a 'Western/'White'' person. Like a Chinese person who despite their origins is in every way like a white American or Canadian. (converses with white people, has same interests etc)

What you're asking is no different then asking who's the biggest wigger you know, or who's the biggest gringo. Its just plain racist in my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: depleteduranium92

Almost any "non-white" person raised by a white family, would likely have a "white" lifestyle/culture.
I once knew a set of black parents that had a white daughter, no mix ups or fooling around, she just came out white.
That said, the whole family had a culture or lifestyle that was no different than mine. As well as all of their dark skinned friends.
Your question is confusing. Colour of skin, has little bearing on lifestyle or culture, especially if there are different races all mingling together in cities and towns.
My son is half native Cdn, and his native relatives, of which there are many, don't seem any different then I.

As far as the whitest person, Edgar Winter, albino.

Just what is "westernized white" culture? I'm sure if you take a white Canadian from a large city, and a white American from a small town in what gets referred or as the "deep south", culturally they're going to be vastly different.
edit on 2-5-2014 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It should not matter to anyone, from the point of respect or acceptance, the colour of a persons skin. Their actions, behavior, ideologies, etc., should matter, of course that's in a perfect world of which this is not even close.

From a medical standpoint however, I have been hearing reports that inter-racial mixing is creating large problems in genetic targeting for transplant operations, eg. the inability of doctors to provide acceptable matches in organ donations/transplants.

From my position/attitude, it really doesn't matter if an asian/black/mexican/green/purple/orange kid is brought up with a "white" or any other family, it's what is in their head and heart that matters at the end of the day. However, I am only human and do have my prejudices, mainly against the wittingly obese/lazy, psychopaths/sociopaths and the deliberately stupid/ignorant.

ETA - I forgot, apathetic people piss me off to no end, they make me want to hurl chunks.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/2.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The biggest person in the world acting white huh ? Bob Saget maybe...

Just for your information. The human race is only one species with a variety of regional differences that give man kind its colorfull looks around the globe.
There is no such thing as more then one race of man. We are all human, and a white fellow is more similar with a black dude, or a Chinese person for that matter, the any other species living on Earth.

So when I'll find a non white human, act whiter then my first choice, I'll add him too... It will be a lot more fun if we got a black, indian, Latino, chinese, aboriginal, and inuit around acting white as well...

For making people understand, that acting white is a cultural thing, that has little to with the color of your skin, and a lot with place you grew up in.

ps.
Carlton rules by the way.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The biggest person in the world acting white huh ? Bob Saget maybe...

Just for your information. The human race is only one species with a variety of regional differences that give man kind its colorfull looks around the globe.
There is no such thing as more then one race of man. We are all human, and a white fellow is more similar with a black dude, or a Chinese person for that matter, the any other species living on Earth.

So when I'll find a non white human, act whiter then my first choice, I'll add him too... It will be a lot more fun if we got a black, indian, Latino, chinese, aboriginal, and inuit around acting white as well...

For making people understand, that acting white is a cultural thing, that has little to with the color of your skin, and a lot with place you grew up in.

ps.
Carlton rules by the way.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Mike Tyson.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was gonna say Condaleeza Rice, but I see now that's not really what your asking...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
"Who Is The [Blackest] Person You Know?

I know [Black] Culture is an incorrect term as there's no specific culture pertaining to a race but I needed to an attractive question

I suppose Who is the most [Africanized] person you've met of another race is what I'm really getting to."

Is it racist if I replace the word "white" with "black"? No. Its racist no matter what race you're referring to. Trying to attribute sweeping general qualities to an entire race is racist. Get out of here with this crap.

edit on 2-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

CONGRATS!!!!!
TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE THIS THREAD IS THE ONLY thread where the op got 0 stars or flags.

it is so contextually wierd I think. Even this reply asking if you replace white with black. It is just wierd.
everyone that takes a side looks racist. Just responding sounds like you are racist. This thread makes you want to ask yourself, "WHAT IS RACIST?"
The only person that got it that posted looks like des. She caught it too I think. In fact I passed over this thread not even interested in opening it till I realized the other thread that would counter it if it got legs. It didn' but it took until the post before mine to point out the obvious.
My feel is that anyone who posted an opinion in the thread showed racism. Why? Because you would cheer for the thread to be closed if someone asked, "who is the blackest person you know, in another culture"

irregardless that the op's post didn't really match the heading. That through it off I think.
In todays pc madness the whole thread of posters showed racism to someone by participating by not pointing out the double standard.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

get over yourself, please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join