It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite captures odd circles in Midwest US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's where round bales of hay have been fed to cattle. Most of the circle is from the cattle standing there eating, pulling hay out & spreading it around, & stomping the ground into a muddy mess around the bales.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
A fleet of UFO's?

They look about 20 to 35 feet wide, going by the gravel driveway being the average 10 feet for one vehicle to drive on.

The image says it's a tornado watch, so it's likely there were round things there that were swept up in the tornado. Looks too big for bales of hay, I don't know how the cows munch and make mud though. I've just seen bales.
edit on 5-5-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Cows are right up there with hogs when it comes to the ability to make a mess. They pull huge mouthfuls of hay out of the bale & drop about half of it, then run around to the other side of the bale knocking two or three other cows out of the way, & dropping more of the hay that was still in their mouth. The two or three that they knocked down squirt crap all over the hay that was previously dropped, and run the other way knocking some more cows down, who also drop hay & squirt crap on more hay that has been dropped. All this is happening on ground that is either covered with snow, or soggy from recently melted snow. They have sharp hooves that cut into the soft ground like a rototiller.

After a day or two, when that bale is mostly eaten & thoroughly ground into a 15' circle around the bale, the rancher moves over to untrodden ground & puts another bale out to receive the same treatment. That's why you see so many of the circles.

Ask me how I know this....

<< 1   >>

join