It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Tell us your opinion of Vladimir Putin.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'm not impressed with your seleection of choices.

Is this supposed to guage the various differences in our sense of humor?

Maybe I'm just grumpy, but I thought the polls you did a few years ago during the run up the elections were well do e and informative. This is just nonsense.

DITTO Here/...

Peace

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I Would Not Be Surprised if the First Missile Has Painted "From Russia With Love" in Bold Red Letters.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

LOL the vote is rigged...

I hereby abstain.
completely agree.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gallowglaich
A cunning, ambitious, volatile despot that poses a significant threat to global stability.

The same could have been said about the entire Bush administration. Unending GLOBAL war on terror. I wonder how they would have handled that racist millionaire bumpkin who had snipers posted on highway overpasses. If that doesn't count as terrorism, I dont know what does.
edit on 2-5-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Putin is rock solid brilliant ... and a stone cold killer. He can run circles around the rest of the world leaders. He'll take the Ukraine and no one will stop him. And he'll do it before we change POTUS' because he knows our POTUS can't do a thing about it.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Number 2 of course! The man is a gift to the human race and so handsome to boot

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think at times he's proven to be a great statesman and then at other times he's a plonker.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Putin is ex KGB. For a leader to have that kind of training, means he knows how to make calculated risks, read the intelligence reports and will take actions that he finds is either necessary or essential. He also knows how to get things done, without it either leading back to him, or how to ensure that he comes out on top. Make no mistake, he is very dangerous and is not playing or doing the kinds of things that Obama or most of the Western Leaders are doing, he is looking ahead at what is needed and ensuring that all of the pieces are in place to move and act with a decisiveness, that is taking many by surprise.

Chances are that a lot of what we are seeing now, has already been decided by him long ago, where he put the best minds that he has access to working and seeing what the probable outcomes will be and how to maneuver after that. He will act in a provocative way, just short of outright throwing the first punch, the problem is that those who need to stand up to him, are flinching and taking smaller less aggressive stances towards him, preferring to keep the tone down, as not to offend him, allowing for him to get away with more and more.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think ATS polls are the only ones where i actually vote.

Some of you might be familiar with my opinion about Putin. He is no more worst than western leaders.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's a crappy poll, loaded questions. I do think Putin would like a united set-up of some kind, but saying he's a cool dude in the same breath is presumptuous.
Anyway, what's the difference between say, Russian mafia running the country, and American cabals and cronyism running their country by stealth and invasiveness.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Putin is the most powerfull known person in the world that is (or seems) to be against a forth coming corporate NWO. Yet far from angel, he doesn`t seem evil at first hand but I wouldn`t trust his limits and how much power can corrupt.

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I just couldn't resist…

edit on 2-5-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This reminds me of the famous Colbert question "George W Bush: Great president or greatest president?"

All of the options make Putin sound pretty awesome in this poll.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think many are looking at this poll in the wrong way. It was asked what your "impression" of him is. Seems to me that would be a personal opinion of the man.

It would be impossible to conduct the poll if they had to include answers that fit every single possible viewpoint, so this was a good way of doing the poll.

Conclusion: Quit whining people! It's a damn poll.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I thought this poll was about Putin. Not a poll on the poll.

He's a pain in the East. Don't see him being much of one here....unless it gets into a pissing contest.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I think many are looking at this poll in the wrong way. It was asked what your "impression" of him is. Seems to me that would be a personal opinion of the man.

It would be impossible to conduct the poll if they had to include answers that fit every single possible viewpoint, so this was a good way of doing the poll.

Conclusion: Quit whining people! It's a damn poll.

You're a poll.

Actually, I'm just happy we're flexing the poll muscles right now. I feel nerdy saying it but this new aspect of ATS is really exciting to me. I'm pretty sure the polls coming out right now are more or less tongue-in-cheek at this point just to test it out. I'm pretty sure there was some humor intended.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I think Putin is exactly what he is--a former lieutenant colonel of the KGB. One thing that the former Soviet Union has always been very adept at is PR and Putin is very good at it. When the US was considering becoming involved in Syria, he authored a very well written and persuasive argument on the subject in the NY Times. That was a brilliant stroke as support for action in Syria within the US public was very low. Many were impressed with the gesture and his rationale, perceiving him to be very diplomatic and actually taking the time to address them directly. Brilliant move in terms of PR.

Putin knows how to play the game because that is part of what the KGB emphasized--game theory in public persuasion. It was a total art form in the KGB and our own politicians here in the states, being almost notorious for their occasional gaffes, look wanting in comparison. That's not good. When you have a chunk of the US Public perceiving Putin and his cohort as being savvier, wittier, and more diplomatic than your own public officials, that's really not good.

What the point is, I don't know. Whether is to assist the spread of "Russian imperialism", I frankly do not know. Combined with RT's tendencies and background, sometimes I think the point is to basically destabilize and undermine the US's power and authority from within. If our politicians have little public support, then our government is essentially neutered and powerless both within and without the US on the international playing field. It could be as simple as a political power play and not any plan to "take over the US". Considering the way things are going and the commentary I see on a regular basis, Putin doesn't even have to work that hard.

That's my assessment of Putin. Great question, SkepticOverlord. I've been pondering Putin for the last several years.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Maybe a tool is a better way of describing me.

I have to agree, though, that the new things they are trying is exciting and fun. It changes things up a bit and keeps the site interactive.

But you mentioned humor, and I think that is the most important thing here. We need more humor in our discussions and need to quit being so serious. That's why I liked this poll.....we got to see Putin riding a bear! That's pretty funny.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join